Wednesday, January 11, 2023

There Is Always THAT Day!!

You seriously didn't think this was going to go flawlessly, right?  Well there's nothing like going out with a BANG!!!  

First thing in the morning, Cooper has to go for a walk.  This is one of the big parking lots that is usually full to the brim with rigs.  See all that nice electrical wiring laid out?  We plug in to those boxes ... and the power provided has been the best ever.   700 rigs estimated turned into 500 signed up, turned into 400 arrivals.


I took a quick walk around my fairgrounds route to get my check-in packet.  It's usually a mountain of advertising meant for the trash can.  I can't believe this time we only got twelve pieces.  It seems they have to charge the vendors so much, that no one is showing up.  That's sad because that's why people COME to this rally.  

On my way, I spotted the Shade Pro guys.  I waved ... he kept driving ... I waved both hands over my head ... he kept driving.  Apparently he doesn't look in his rear view mirror.  I chased him down half a mile later ... not kidding!!  I gave him my info and asked him to stop by for a price on a sun shade for my dinette window.


Still heading north, I walked past the new rigs for sale.  This beautiful red tag item cost more than my 3,000 square foot house!!!  $492,000 for this baby.  Chump change, right?


Well not so much since it was NOT the least expensive on the lot.  This one was over $600,000.  I guess I'll just keep my little $48,000 fifth wheel.


In no time it was Elks time ... we were headed off to lunch.  I cannot thank the Lodge enough for their hospitality!  Since it was rather chilly, they set up two tables for 14 in the dining room with our own private waitress.  


YUM YUM!!  A bacon cheeseburger of course, for $11.00.  With my stomach oh so happy, the treasurer Ken and I headed off to Bank of America.  He is leaving the club and we need to get my signature on the checking account.


You would think that was an easy task, but NOOOOO!  The first B of A refused us completely.  We drove to the second one to find a sweet young lady who said she could help us.  EXCEPT there are three people on the signature card ... and they ALL have to come in and sign off.  

Wellllllll ... one is in Iceland and the other can't walk basically, so I don't know how we could do that.  It took some doing, and I had to call our Secretary to come right over.  I dictated the minutes ... she wrote them out ... and just like that they added BOTH of us to the signature list, taking the other three people off.  I think maybe it helped that amazingly, the gal went to the same California State University that I did ... at about the same time.  (I was really old by the time I went to college).

Just as we signed the last card, I got a call.  The winds came up so strong, that even though we put the easy-ups down the night before, they were blown all over the fairgrounds, along with our chairs and anything not nailed down.

We raced back to see our party spot decimated.  Oh well ... maybe we can put it back up today.  


Next problem ... my TV outlet not working.  I called the factory, who put a nice man on the phone who asked me to do video conferencing so he could actually see the panel and tell me what to do.  Let me just say that can be a dangerous and embarrassing thing to do.  

He asked me to crawl in the pass-through, turn over on my back and look up.  I dropped the phone of course before realizing he was getting a great view down my shirt!!  OMG .... I scrambled to retrieve it and point it UP.  I heard him laugh!!  Amazingly, there was ANOTHER breaker box labeled refrigerator, microwave and AC.  

The refrigerator one was flipped.  I turned it off and back on.  VOILA!!  HOUSTON WE HAVE TV!!!  I thanked him profusely and apologized for the view.  He just laughed and hung up.  

SO .. by this time the storm had come in with even MORE winds.  I kept hearing a dripping noise and was about to panic when I discovered it was just the rain hitting my windows.  Big sigh ... please no more problems.


By 6:00 I was making up the two breakfast casseroles for baking this morning.  Yes I DID delegate the cooking ... probably better anyway, no chance I could burn them ... because at 8:00 we will be headed off to get the ice cream.

Oh yeah ... that one other problem ... the freezers have not been delivered yet.  NOT my problem since getting them was not MY job.  Their solution is to take all the bars out of the boxes and stuff them in three small freezers.  I told them there was no way they were going to fit, but again ... not my problem.  It may BECOME my problem since I have to deliver 250 bars to the vendor building.  Someone said they had a big tray I could use.  I just shook my head because there's no way THAT is going to work!!

Yup ... another WONNERFUL WONNERFUL rally in good old Indio!!


20 comments:

  1. I wonder what that guy dreamed about last night???? (Hope Elva doesn't have a mouth full of coffee when she reads this, I might have to buy her a new keyboard!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things smooth out for you. Have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little entertainment is always good. Some times we are entertained and sometimes we are the entertainment. LOL
    What a pain to have another breaker way down in the MUST CRAWL IN area but at least now you know.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That picture of Indio looks a little scary! Yes Dave ...I did laugh out loud. But I didn't have to spit out my sandwich. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha ..... Dave is too funny! The weather hasn't been the best, but it should be okay for ice cream day.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are having fun, or at least an adventure and that's what life is all about. And look at the progress you are making, electrical problem solved, eh. :O) We've been out of power since the fourth. They are now working on it and maybe get it back on today or tomorrow.
    We are good as long as the generator holds up. Noisy thing. Still raining here, but no winds. You keep them down there. :O)
    Bobseyes.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STILL out of power? I've found that the generator noise doesn't bother me so much since I do love having power. Here's to sunny days!

      Delete
  6. Gee those winds look familiar! The burger and tater tots look awesome. That should have been a fun lunch! :) The tech story was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things like that seem to happen to me, but it makes life a little more interesting.

      Delete
  7. I was old when I went to college too. At least we accomplished that! Maybe you gave the guy a thrill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like I scared him half to death! LOL. A degree in accounting was my way to a good retirement.

      Delete
  8. On the positive side, your meal looks awesome! Sorry to hear about the rains but i did chuckle with everyone else about the video call with a view! 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the food has been great!! Even my cooking!

      Delete
  9. So you were an old college gal! Glad you got it done. I'm glad you got the TV working. It was very windy at Salton City too but thankfully no rain. Sounds like you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin (who basically lives at the Salton Sea) has mentioned big winds in the last couple of weeks. I'm sending prayers that the White Lion roars!!!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like an interesting day especially for the tech guy. They certainly found an interesting place to put that breaker box. I can not help it I am laughing too...not about where the breaker box is but the phone down your shirt...lol Hope the wind slows down for the rest of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird to have two breaker boxes labeled with the same names. I'm just very glad I found it.

      Delete