Friday, January 20, 2023

Interesting Quartzsite Developments

 There would be no walking on this morning, except to take Cooper out for a fast one.  It was 30-some degrees and COLD COLD COLD.  When do you ever remember it being that cold here?  I guess I've become a wimp in my old age, or maybe a heavier jacket is in order.

Here's the National Park puzzle we completed in the clubhouse.  Another one has since taken it's place ... the one I bought at the quilt store with 1,000 pieces.  I think I got maybe 35 together before I stuffed it back in the box.  It will be perfect for this expert group.


Instead of walking, I decided to try pancakes.  This is something I rarely make, but the leftover Krusteaz mix from the rally, along with blueberries, seemed like the perfect way to start the day.  That mix ... it's delicious and right up my alley.  All you do is add water.


Can you believe it?  I didn't even burn them!  Perfect pancakes to go with that Canadian maple syrup.  Yup ... I ate the entire plateful!!


Next up, not having his normal walk to burn off energy, I ended up on the floor in my usual position, playing with Cooper.  He's pretty demanding when it comes to play time.  On THIS morning, it's back up to 55 degrees, so I'll be out walking today.


At 9:30, I headed across the great expanse of RV park to the clubhouse for another game of poker pool.  I think they are glad I showed up because now none of them come in last.  Yessirree ... no one ever said I was a good pool player.

Lunch was a quick grilled cheese sandwich, although I only ate half.  Apparently my eyes are much bigger than my stomach.


Then I was off to the Dollar General store for an outside mat to scrape off all the tiny rocks that have been invading my rig.  You can't take a step inside without hearing a crunch.  This store sells some food items, resulting in people with baskets overflowing.  I didn't check the pull dates on anything, but I suppose it's cheap eats.  Maybe I should take note.

I DID find a nice rug for the rig.  I don't know what I was thinking when I read the size.  I only knew it had a rubber backing to keep Cooper from sliding and falling.  It's the one on the right ... so now I'm going back to get the OTHER one to cover the rest of the floor.  It also helps that "I" don't slip on the rug.  Yes it does look like a three year old lives here with toys everywhere.


In the afternoon, I was invited down to the Richards residence to meet their friends Cheryl and Dave who are out in La Posa South.  What a wonderful friendly couple.  We laughed and carried on for the rest of the afternoon.  Gibbs of course got lots of love and scratches from his Mom.


Come dinnertime, I offered to take Patsy and Bill out to dinner.  That turned in to an epic hunt for a place to eat.  We went to Mountain Quail Cafe, only to find the CLOSED sign out.  We went in anyway, to find they had run out of propane.  What??

We drove by a couple more places and landed at the Chinese Food restaurant.  Inside, we looked around to see the entire place full of people, with absolutely NO food on their tables.  Yikes!!

Next restaurant .... a big long line outside.  Okay then ... we headed to Tyson Wells to check out the Mexican food tent cafe ... of sorts.  I think they wanted to close up, but served us anyway.  The name escapes me ... Guadalupes or something that begins with a G.  

At any rate, the heaters were turned on and the tacos were good.  No pictures because I was too hungry.  Next time I'll just invite them to my house and cook something so we don't waste two gallons of fuel driving around!!  I mean really, does absolutely EVERYONE go out to eat here?

I'm up for a nice long walk today as something like 34 rigs are coming in to this park in three days.  Everyone is rushing to get here for the big tent opening ... which is tomorrow.  THAT should be an exciting day!!




14 comments:

  1. I thought the mat was for outside. Lol. You can get step tread covers that also help. At home we use two outdoor mats as well as the tread covers and an indoor mat, it helps but we still get bits of stones insides. The thing I’ve found that works well along with these mats is a hard to find item, but if you look hard enough I’m sure you could find one. It’s called a B R O O M. lol. The instructions say you have to use it once or twice a day. I seem to have difficulty doing that and end up using it once every two days. Lol. Nice mat by the way.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got an outside mat also. Tread covers are on my radar. Haven't heard of that kind of mat before. I'll look it up.

      Delete
  2. Those little rocks stick to my shoes when I take Indy to the Doggie Park...they then fall off inside the Condo. GRRRR!

    I think the "New Normal" includes sucky service at Restaurants now days. Read and hear so many horror stories about how people's favorite restaurant is either closed, or just not doing things right. Blame is always put on the 'new staff' that had to be hired, I think people just are not as service oriented as they use to be... HOW could a restaurant run out of Propane? Like a Steakhouse saying, "We are out of meat, but we still have fish! And then you find out the fish is served Sushi style."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The restaurants here are like everywhere else. Tons of people, no help. I hope they do well this year.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes when we decide to go out to eat we wonder the same thing, does anyone eat at home??? LOL The tiny rocks my favorite sandals bring them in all the time and they are not fun to step on when barefoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I can't believe the number of people that eat out. You have to go at 4:00 or you don't get in!

      Delete
  4. Guess what we had for breakfast this morning? Blueberry pancakes! There are limited choices in Q to go out to eat and you are right, many of them include a long wait. I think our favorite is probably Grubstake (or is it Grub Steak?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried Grubstake yet ... it's on my list at some point. They actually have several new restaurants this year ... but they are all packed.

      Delete
  5. Karen' Cafe (breakfast/lunch& Silly Al's is great for pizza & some pasta. Need to go mid-afternoon; otherwise wait & wait. Twice we went this past week & no oroblem.will not recommend 3 times restaurant by McDonald's for their prime rib.Sunset Grill on 95 (Central) not bad. VFW for fish fry on Fridays. Several eateries left or closed in Quartzsite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes on Silly Als. Been there several times. Times Three was packed so we didn't get in. Next time we'll go earlier!!

      Delete
  6. I liked Sweet Darlene's but they have closed, too. My friends like to go for linner--that's halfway between lunch and dinner. For those of us who don't eat breakfast until mid morning that works well.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad so many have closed. I guess it's good for those that are left because they are cleaning up!!

      Delete
  7. I'm the one who benefitted from you going to poker pool. Otherwise i was last. 🤣
    It was still a very nice gesture for to to take us out and fun searching. Kind of fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a food adventure ... and I learned to eat dinner EARLY!! LOL

      Delete