Wednesday, January 18, 2023

A Trip To Tyson Wells

This in your face at 5:00 am means I have to go outside Mom.  How can I resist that face.  Of course it comes with a cold nose and some wet kisses.  It's 46 degrees this morning, but out we went into the darkness.  It's a little different being on REAL Arizona time instead of my FAKE Arizona time.  


Once the sun came up, we went for a little walk in the big lot next door.  On the way, I met a very nice man and his wife from MinneSOta!  He said I backed my rig in like a pro, but really I think he was just thankful I didn't hit HIS rig. 

 I couldn't be parked in a better spot ... the road is on one side and the other side is empty.  On the other hand, it's a half mile walk to the office/game room.  Just kidding, it's not QUITE that far and I need the exercise.  I've eaten WAY too much over the last week.


Patsy and Bill invited me to go with them down to Tyson Wells.  YES PLEASE!!  It was a little sad to see half the grounds were empty.  Here it is 10:30 in the morning and the aisles are empty too.  The RV supply store is open, along with the kitchen store and the all time best everything-you-could-ever-need store at the far end.


I bought five key rings for $1.00 and guess what!  I got a free pair of gloves, as did everyone else who bought something.  The regular food vendors were there, putting out those amazing barbecue and grilled onion smells.  


I was looking for a small purse.  I had one, but it seems to have disappeared among the many rally boxes.  I know it's in here somewhere.  Instead, I found a lighter weight jacket to keep the cold at bay.  You know how it is .. one coat is too much, the other too little.  This should work perfectly.


However ... when I got it home, I discovered it smelled so strong of incense (I mean it knocked me out) that I had to hang it outside to keep the sneezes at bay.  Too late .. it permeated my entire rig.  All my windows are now open.  Woohoo!!!  That stuff is strong!!

After that purchase, Patsy and I went over to the grocery vendor.  It's amazing just how much stuff they have for sale there.  Be sure and check the dates, but they have just about everything.  Patsy bought some coffee and what do you know ... you got TWO packs of blueberries for FREE.  She was so nice as to share with me, so I have some nice fresh blueberries for pancakes smothered in Canadian maple syrup!!   That ought to be equal to a five mile hike.

Trying to use up some of the stuff I brought with me before the pull date, I told her I would drop off some biscuits.  My tip of the day ... never EVER offer up food you have not already cooked in your oven that doesn't come to temperature.  They were edible I guess, but not like they should have been since I had to cook them 6 minutes longer!!


And then .... my favorite part of the day.  The sunset began on the east side ....


Then moved over to the North .....


Before finally setting in the West.  Three completely different views of the same sunset.


Finally inside for the night, Jonathan wanted to talk and squawk.  He seems to be hanging in there, thanks to the heating pad under his cage.  He has even been on the floor shredding the paper into tiny pieces.  He's almost asleep here ... with his head over his shoulder.  He's still eating, so that's a good sign also.  Honestly, every day I'm surprised that he's still hanging in there.


And so ended a wonderful day in the desert.  Today I'm determined to go for a long walk and work off some of those cookies and casseroles.  Then it's laundry time ... woohoo!!


20 comments:

  1. The jacket looks awesome on you! Hopefully the smell goes away or can be washed away! Your biscuits look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley! It's much better now that it's been hanging outside.

      Delete
  2. Some people spend Good money for potpourri. 🙊Hang it up in your closet you won’t need cedar lining Why not leave a winter and summer ensemble in the RV same as you do at each house… that would save the oh darn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! LOL. I brought a ton of warm shirts, just not so many Levis. I'll have to do laundry more often.

      Delete
  3. Jacket looks very nice on you...but that smell, I can smell it all the way to Florida! lol Wonder if the incense keeps bugs and stuff out of the clothing they sell? I am sure a wash (or dry clean) will take care of that smell. In the meantime, enjoy the "reminiscing" of visiting those late 60's "Hippy shops" (also known as Headshops) that sprung up all over California back in the day. We had one across the street from our church in Sacramento, mom always knew we had visited it due to the smell we brought back to the car. We loved to see all the Psychedelic Posters under the Black Lights...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah ... never bought any, but I do remember those black light posters! Yup this jacket would make your Mom proud!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Nice looking jacket and beautiful sunset. Hopefully it smells better soon. Or perhaps you will get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little better ... Dave was probably right about the smell. If it was Chanel #5, I would be happier.

      Delete
  5. Maybe a toss in the dryer with a dryer sheet? Low heat !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacket looks good on you. What's a little sweet smell. I'm sure you will enjoy the warm Arizona weather today, finally. Yuma just whines to wake me upp to go out. If that doesn't work, he'll bark and that gets my attention. Tyson Wells will be booming this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuma is a smart cookie!! It's hard to describe the smell ...

      Delete
  7. Nice jacket. The biscuits looked good, some ovens just vary, it's not a one size fits all. LOL. Or one time fits all I guess.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cooked great the first time I used it, but now I have to increase the heat almost 75 degrees to cook things. I'll check and see if it's adjustable at all.

      Delete
  8. That is a nice looking jacket and looks great on you. Hope the outside airing helped with smell.
    Great cloud pictures of the sunset colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the colors, but the hippy vibe smell is more than my little nose likes. It IS getting better!

      Delete
  9. Oh my...I love ❤️ love that jacket. I would have to stay away from that vendor. I would want to buy everything.

    ReplyDelete