Monday, January 9, 2023

Hesperia .....

 There's something mysterious about that name.  So here it is Sunday morning and we are freezing.  I put Jon's cage (with him in it) in the bedroom since it was warmer.  No problems there, parrots are quiet as mice at night.  We all survived the cold, but as I mentioned, got no sleep.

This picture is me sitting in my recliner with NO television, trying to occupy myself.  Hopefully that problem is resolved at the rally.


Here's the kid causing all the problems.  THIS morning he's sound asleep, again in the bedroom.  The good news is it's not that cold and even though I left the heat set to 67 degrees, my batteries still have 12.3 left.  That's a surprise!!  AND I got about 5 hours sleep. YAY!!


Turns out, two of the four rigs at the Elks Lodge were members of our group that I haven't seen in at least two years.  We waited around until about 10:00, then I took off heading to Lucerne Valley and Yucca Valley.   Thank goodness the sun was shining!!!  The other two rigs went down Cajon Pass and through the maze of traffic.


Two hours later I pulled in to the parking lot in Indio to see them parking.  It's a lovely 60 something degrees.  Oh I do love the WARM.  Cooper and I walked around in the sunshine waiting for the rest of the troops to arrive.  My list of people got pretty mixed up, with two coming that I didn't know about and two cancelling.  I tossed that roster I made up in the trash.  Hopefully I will remember who is who.


This parking lot has been used by our club for over 10 years for staging before we enter the fairgrounds.  After all this time, a store has finally opened here, meaning I had to trek to the office and ask permission to park.  Lucky us (since there is no parking allowed at Walmart) she lives next to the fairgrounds and knows about the rally.  VERY nice gal!


I made a quick trip to Walmart for a couple of small rugs and dinner since I figured I couldn't use my microwave while dry camped.  Did you know Walmart sells Panera soup?  Wow ... broccoli cheddar and it's DELICIOUS!!  Probably cost a fortune since 5 items came to $50, but I didn't want to know.


 So I'm feeling pretty good this morning with a little sleep under my belt.  I even slept through the dueling generators from the big rigs on either side of me.  Those solar panels I put on?  Worth every penny!!

This morning I'll be rousing the troops and passing out cards to get us in the gate.  Wish us luck that we get a good parking spot in our normal Brown Lot.  


8 comments:

  1. Off to a good start! Hope the rest of the week goes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to be bumpy, but at least now I have help! I'm learning to delegate!!

      Delete
  2. Soup looks yummy! Looking forward to your new postings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a soup person, but that was delicious!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So far so good. At least we have really good power ... a pleasant surprise for this rally.

      Delete
  4. Have fun. Glad things are looking up. Should be a good week. I'm near by. Is this something I would be interested in visiting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I would say yes Doug, but I hear there are hardly any vendors (it's too expensive for them) and they will charge you a fortune to come in the gate. More on today's blog.

      Delete