Monday, January 16, 2023

MADE IT TO Q .....

Quartzsite that is ... and yes it rained last night.

It was a crazy whirlwind morning, but FIRST ..... Let's watch football outside in 60 degree weather while it's raining.  We all pushed in under the awning to keep out of the rain while freezing our butts off.  Gosh it was cold ... but we made it to the end of the game, watching San Francisco 49ers get into the finals.  That's the Dixons and the Painters ... dedicated followers of my Indio Rally.  If it weren't for them, there would have been NO rally!! 


In spite of rain and cold, what should appear but a balloon over the palm trees.  This guy flies every time we are here ... barely moving I might add ... over the fairgrounds to the parking lot of the Mexican restaurant next door.  


I've seen him every year I've been at Indio.


I spent most of the morning hours checking the weather guessers.  I'm not sure how they could be so far off.  One said wind speed 2-3 mph all morning.  The other said 20-30 mph winds with 55 mph gusts.  I can get by with a Class A in the 20 mph zone, but NOT with a lightweight fifth wheel.  

I hemmed and hawed around until at 6:30 am I put one of my nice towels on the wet golf cart seat (it had rained a lot) and drove it over to drop it off.  Sadly, I forgot my towel.  Still hemming with a little haw, I said SELF ... you might as well get out of dodge while the getting is good, since I didn't feel any wind.

So here we are heading up the hill to Quartzsite at 7:00.  No rain and no wind.  How could I be so lucky!


But WAIT!!  I looked down to see less than a quarter tank of fuel.  I said a couple of bad words.  I am SO SO lucky!  At that instant, I spotted a TA fuel station and pulled off.  The price of diesel was of course ridiculous at $5.59 a gallon, but I was just happy to have it.

Off again ... the skies didn't look all that good, but it didn't rain and the winds were minimal.


At last I arrived, pretty tired from the 3 hour drive.  I parked next door and snuck into the park to the Richard's door.  Tap tap tap ... BARK BARK BARK!!!  GIBBS MY FRIEND!!!  I breathed a big sigh of relief ... even though I still had to park this beast.

With Bill guiding me, I parked it almost perfectly the first time ... until I saw how close I was to the pole.  My slide seems extra wide to me, so I moved over a couple of feet.  I can't believe I did that!!


So here I am, all hooked up, with water and a 50 amp service.  Time to become a couch potato ... almost.  I received the most wonderful invitation to dinner.  As you may have seen on her blog,  Patsy is a GREAT cook.  Just look at these pork chops!!  And yes, that's a little glass of wine.  


Luckily I made it home in the dark and didn't fall down once.  I'm a lightweight when it comes to wine.

Today I'm going to relax in the clubhouse with a game of pool poker.  I've no idea what that is, but I'm going to find out.  Big sigh of relief ... I'm glad I'm looking at Indio in the rear view mirror.

As to Quartzsite, it rained a tad this morning and winds will be upwards of 14-20 mph all day.  The perfect chance to veg out with my kids.



16 comments:

  1. Relax, enjoy, and let Gibbs and Parker play a little bit together. Just watch it, Patsy might get you hooked on doing puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem ... I am TERRIBLE at those puzzles!

      Delete
  2. I bet it is nice to have the rally behind you and looking forward to big and better things. How long are you in Q?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY relaxing!! I'll be here for the big tent opening day, then I'm headed to Yuma for a couple of days.

      Delete
  3. It is always nice to hang out with friends. Glad you made it, safe and sound. Lots of wind here today and supposedly tomorrow too. Enjoy your time there.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind and rain has been epic in Quartzsite. It's relaxing time!

      Delete
  4. Has all of the bad weather in CA caused you any problems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so far Rex. I'm not in a flood zone, but a break in a ditchbank brought it within one mile of me. Praying every day that the rains stop.

      Delete
  5. Yay....Quartzsite and on to new adventures like pool poker. We had a very gentle rain throughout the night. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it safely. Enjoy you time with wonderful friends. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are very happy you made it too! Gibbs has a new face to lick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your stay! Cooper and Jonathan will enjoy your new spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right ... they both have a little more heat here ... from the heater, not the weather! LOL

      Delete