Friday, January 13, 2023

Starting The Day Off Right

 My morning seems to be right on track.  I had to go in and out of Google because it would not load, so it shut me out because I tried 3 times.  It's still not wanting to load anything, so this may be short and sweet!

I have great internet service here, but nothing seems to be working as it should.  I loaded the pictures up, but they don't show up on my screen.  I've worked on this for over an hour now and I'm getting frustrated, not that I wasn't already!  

Let's take a walk inside one of the new $592,000 rigs.  This entire wall is one slide.  I told the salesman it was going to be pretty hard for me to push in a slide that long when it didn't work.  He didn't see the humor.  Down there at the far end where the clock is?  That the household fridge .. a big one to boot.  To make it all fit, the chairs are barely wide enough to sit in.  Beautiful ..... BUT .....


I would love to show you the kitchen side, but that picture won't load at all.  SO ... on to ice cream.  Oh wait!!!  It loaded!!!  The only thing I didn't like was the 4 foot wide walkway straight to the bedroom.  I didn't see any door ... but maybe there was a sliding screen or something.  Even if I lived in this full time, I could never afford the maintenance!!


Amazingly, the VP guy I report to stopped by to say they found a golf cart I could use.  Oh yay!!  That's funny ... there are six just sitting there, not being used by ANYONE.  At least I didn't have to use my truck to make deliveries on the fairgrounds.  I loaded up with ice cream and was off!!

Yes, after only one day, it was pretty soft.  The best part, the chocolate coating, fell off on the ground.  That's going to make for a lot of sticky carpets in nice rigs.  

Here's what I discovered.  They told me 700 rigs.  I bought ice cream for 600.  500 rigs signed up ... but only 400 rigs SHOWED up.  You can probably do the math.  I have WAY too much ice cream being held in freezers that are not keeping it frozen.  Today I will run around and try to get rid of as much of it as I can.

RATS ... once again, I was too distracted to take pictures.  Honestly, they wouldn't be that interesting anyway!  I have one more day to give out ice cream, so I'll try to remember to snap a few pics.

A quick trip to the vendor building resulted in this purchase.  $21.00 for these two items.  With only 35 vendors on the grounds (paying really high prices for their space) they have to charge more.  For those who have been here before ... there is NO tent.  Only the one vendor building full of big tickets items.  No accessories, not even light bulbs, no jewelry ... not even a bottle of wax.


Then it was on to the parade.  Yessirree ... clubs dress up in their finest according to the theme of the day and proudly strut down the street throwing candy at the masses.  Not exactly masses this year, since I think half were in the parade, leaving about 200 spectators.


The flying monkey tells you it was In The Land Of Oz.  You would definitely see me dressed up in old west costumes, but munchkins and monkeys, not so much.


We pretended these two were munchkins, just like the sign said.


The witch drove an automated broom and threw the candy so hard it whacked us on the head.  I haven't eaten any of it since it's usually leftover halloween candy.  


The Good Witch waved her wand over our heads wishing us good fortune.  I hope the works for ice cream too!!


Since google just flat refuses to load the rest of the images, it will have to wait until tomorrow.  We are having a big pancake breakfast this morning and I have to get my act together.  After that I'll be trying to find people who have enough freezer space for ice cream.  I'm pretty sure it's not going to last until tomorrow. 


17 comments:

  1. How 'small' will future gatherings be before they stop having them??? What do they call it, "the new normal"??? (I HATE that term!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe they will have one next year after the losses this year.

      Delete
  2. I think I would forget the ice cream next time. Too much trouble it seems like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That free ice cream is the reason most people show up! It's funny!!!

      Delete
  3. It's fun to walk through those rigs and see the latest and greatest. Of course, we would need to win the lottery to even thing of affording one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You left out too much information on the rig tour. The floor did not look like oak to me. Were the chairs leather -- it's hard to tell from the photo? And what about the kitchen countertops: Granite or cheap-@ss Corian?

    You are just going to have to try harder to impress me. (GRIN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ... tile floor, pleather chairs, cheap ass corian ... it's the chassis that costs that much!!

      Delete
  5. I like walking through those dogs, and picking them apart!! Haha, not many things to find fault with though so it's tough.
    We have room for some ice cream. Haha 😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy RV tours too, but that dining area in there was ridiculous! I'll keep my little Mansion LOL. I have to agree it does sound like a lot of trouble for ice cream bars. There's got to be something simpler. Donut? I love Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda was perfection!! They already have donuts at 7 am. Free ice cream is a big draw! LOL

      Delete
  7. Might be time to let the good times slide. Amazing how ice cream is the big drawing card. Maybe after the havoc of the last couple of years things will start getting back to normal and the crowds will return. Have fun tomorrow. Glad you made it through Friday the 13th unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ... not QUITE unscathed, but still kicking!

      Delete
  8. Cute parade! You are making me crave ice cream even though I don't eat it anymore. So they put drawers by the dining room table? Everytime you want to open a drawer you have to move a chair?

    ReplyDelete