Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Pool Poker??

 Okay ... for those wondering what the weather is like in Quartzsite, it's been epic, just like California!!!  The wind hasn't stopped since I arrived, while the sun plays hide and seek ... mostly hide ... behind the clouds.  The high for the next ten days is 59.  Brrrrrrrrrrr!!  This picture is out the window because it's too cold and windy to go out.  That pole looks like it's going to break every time the wind hits it.


You all know this sweet face!!  Gibbs, that little wiggle butt, is the sweetest boy ever!!  I got lots of kisses, welcoming me to Quartzsite.  


His Mom and Dad gave me a GREAT welcome too!!  When Patsy said she had something and went to the cupboard, it looked like a big bottle of whiskey.  Ummmm that's not on my radar ... but THIS!!  Oh my goodness ... looky here ... MAPLE SYRUP from Canada!  Wow .. I will savor every single drop.  I even have pancake mix left over, so you know what's coming up on MY menu!!


When Patsy said it was pool poker morning, I was intrigued.  I haven't played pool since I was about 21 years old.  I was pretty sure I would be as bad now as I was back then, and I was right!  What a fun game with very nice ladies, since none of us are pool sharks.  

Alas, I had to opt out since time flies when you're having fun and Cooper needed to go outside.  I also made a quick run to the grocery store since I forgot to bring laundry soap.  Those puzzles?  I'm sure they will come into play soon.


Just as I was getting ready to watch another football playoff game (the Cowboys against Tom Brady), I heard a knock at the door.  WOW ... the Dessert Fairy brought over some peanut butter pie.  If you think Patsy can cook from all her pictures, you would be right!  YUM YUM!!  Let it be known, I only ate HALF so I would have leftovers.


So I'm sitting quietly watching football when I heard a loud CRACK followed by thunder.  Oh yeah ... the heavens opened up and it poured on my poor little rig like someone was up there with a 500 gallon bucket.  Good grief ... I thought I was going to float away. 

Twice I even got up and walked around to be sure there were no waterfalls INSIDE.  So far I haven't found any, but it continued on and off for about an hour.  The sun is supposed to come out and shine for the rest of the week, but the temperatures will remain cold.  

I of course brought shorts and sandals.  This is the desert, right?  It's supposed to be hot, or at least WARM.  It's going to be two-shirt days for my entire stay and I have to wash Levis.  That's okay though ... I get to play pool poker again and hang out with great friends.  Bonus ... I get great advice and tips from Bill about my rig.  It's so nice to have a Pro in the "family".


16 comments:

  1. Cold here too in Yuma. Not that kind of cold but cold. Sunshine helps though. It sounds like you are settling in nicely. Enjoy!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so lucky to be here ... loving every minute.

      Delete
  2. Just talked to my sister in Citrus Heights and she said it looks like the huge rain is over, a day or two of light rain/sprinkles,and about 10 days to dry out. Watched Fox Weather (a new over the air channel) and the guy said that in many parts of the Sierras they have as much snow now as they would normally have by the end of April. But Gavin won't lift the Drought restrictions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course he won't .. he's an idiot!! They definitely have snow. If we had a few dams and reservoirs here and there, we would have plenty of water. But a bullet train to nowhere is more important.

      Delete
  3. Yes, we had rain off and on here in Quartzsite since Saturday night and last of the rain on Monday night. Supposedly, the rain went east and now for the next week or two sunshine with temps in the high 50s. Not sure about the winds, but I think we will survive. Looking for sunrises and sunsets for the next week or two. No shorts or t-shirts until the end of January or later. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you guys didn't get too wet! And of course I brought more shorts than Levis! LOL

      Delete
  4. Even Wellton was windy! I did the opposite. I brought winter clothes but it was still toasty in the desert. Fortunately Jerry made a trip back to Yuba City and he brought my shirts and sandles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thunder in the desert. No s good sign. I thing you brought this weather with you. Enjoy what do have and that's great friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be doable for the next couple of weeks, as long as the sun holds out.

      Delete
  6. We'd take 59 right about now. The high today here in Santa Fe is mid 30's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! That does not sound fun ... except you do have two puppies to keep you warm!! Safe travels.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you are able to play some poker pool - we have puzzles to work on too! We are enjoying having you as a 'far' away neighbour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of a walk, but I need the exercise. That pool was fun ... and I did about 15 minutes of puzzles. Next time I'll stay longer.

      Delete
  8. Well it's rainy here in Ontario, Canada too. So not like it's supposed to be. Strange weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a different year, that's for sure. Maybe our weather is getting back to the old days.

      Delete