Friday, January 6, 2023

Last Day of Post It's

It was another dark morning as I peeked out the front door.  Funny how that happens.  Mostly that's to make the "smell" check.  Twice this week it's been there ... the dreaded odiferous eau de skunk.  Thank goodness I haven't found any more holes in my back fence.  Killing all the grass seems to have gotten ridden of the beetles that lay eggs that turn into grubs.  Apparently that is what they are after ... dinner.


Thankfully, this is the last day of staring at my post it wall, trying to remember absolute everything I need to pack.  Truthfully, my wall is not this bad ... it's my kitchen counter.  One by one they are ending up in the trash and I make up new lists.  I'm an accountant after all ... we do that stuff unconsciously!  


I made it to the grocery store to pick up the last of the group breakfast items.  I almost forgot my hash browns to make funeral potatoes to go with the bbq pork loin dinner.  Fitting, don't you think?  This rally may just be the death of me!  I literally ran all the way across the store and back to get them!

Here's my lunch and dinner for the next two days.  Let me just say that they look NOTHING like the picture.  I'm pretty sure there is only essence of beef because you certainly can't see anything but refried beans.  I choked one down last night and now have seven more to eat.  It would be such a shame if they didn't fit in the tiny rig freezer.


Between fuel and food I dropped a whopping $350 in one hour.  I think that's a record.  Back home, I continued to pack, making pretty good progress.  You can actually see the table now.


This is where I'm heading tomorrow morning.  It looks like the low today and tomorrow is 38 degrees, with a high of 55 both days, so any snow and ice should melt away.  Thank you to everyone for the prayers.  They are WORKING!!!


I'm happy to say that the football player Damar Hamlin, who also puts on a toy run of epic proportions for less fortunate children, is awake now.  He asked the doctors who won the game.  They said HE did.  He is squeezing the hands of loved ones and responding to simple tasks like raise your right arm.  His age and his fitness level have saved his life.  Hopefully he continues to improve.

It is rather interesting to see person after person praying for his recovery (even on television), including the entire team on the field.  Not too long ago, a football coach was fired for praying with his team.  It appears the NFL is holding their tongue.

Anyhoo ... I'll be skipping the blog tomorrow morning and try to catch up in the evening when I arrive at my first destination.  It's going to be a LONG day!!


24 comments:

  1. That's a lot of stickies, Nancy. I hope you don't forget anything and sail right over those mountains tomorrow. Have a safe trip and leave the bad weather up state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sticky notes and list are easy for accountants, just write it out and stick anywhere. You see, us Librarians have to put our lists in Chronological Order, followed by Alphabetical if more than one note falls into the same Chronological Category! And don't forget "color coding", different color for each category!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha that's right!!!! Librarians are even worse!!

      Delete
  3. The world is so hippocratical when it comes to prayer. Athletes, politicians and others speak out against prayer one minute and are okay with it the next. Just leave people alone and let them follow their own path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels and have fun, everything will work out.
    Bobseyes.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jim and Barb! Drive careful and just get there safely. :) I know you'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be just fine. Everything will work out! And Dave continues to make me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because Dave is a librarian!! And a restaurant manager!!

      Delete
    2. Elva, just don't drink coffee when you read my comments or you might be needing a new keyboard! I've caught Marcia with a mouth full of coffee that ended up all over her laptop a few times. :)

      Delete
  7. Of course everything will be just dandy! I laughed at the wall of post-it notes! You kill me! Safe travels my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wish there was a like button. Have been reading you daily for months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am guessing by the time you read this you will be safely on this side of those mountains all safe and sound. Have a great time at your Rally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well trust for good weather and a great rally ........
    through all your distress. May you feel it was all
    worth the work and worry. I think it will be!
    Just hope Jonathan and Cooper are happy
    Campers. I’m sure they have no worries! 🥰
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Cooper is worse than me!! Hard to believe, right? It will be fine once we get there.

      Delete
  11. I have no doubt you are safe and sound at your first destination reading these comments. A beautiful drive from the photo, hopefully enjoyed it at least a little. Loved the post it’s. Too funny. You could dress up the refried beans (maybe not easy while travelling but for the left over ones) add some beef, cheese, etc. we often do that pizza. Enjoy the drive and the Rally.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those burritos definitely need something. Lucky me, I still have tamales!!

      Delete