Monday, January 30, 2023

An Invitation I couldn't Refuse

It has warmed up in Yuma.  I can usually tell when I have to take Cooper out at midnight and forget my coat.  It's 48 this morning.  Although there haven't been any spectacular sunrises, this one gave it a good try.   


Since I'm up early, I usually eat something very early.  Cooper, Jonathan and I shared a scrambled egg in the dark while I checked on my propane use.  Apparently I have a leak in the tank filled by the RV repair shop near my California house.  When I finally turned that tank on, I went through the entire thing in about three days.  

In spite of my tank sensor, the one Bill and I had filled reads 100% after having used it for the last three days.  You've gotta love the accuracy of all things RV.  Today I'll have to run out for more sensor batteries and a replacement for the grey tank handle that fell off somewhere between California and here.  

So ... after having heard a knock at the door, I opened it to find Ray with an invitation to a blueberry pancake breakfast.  Who could refuse THAT??  This is not MY house where you get paper plates!  Cindy sets a very nice table!!  I brought out the Canadian maple syrup for them to taste.  What a feast!!


After breakfast, I tried to get a little more organized.  I went though all the bags of fabric and sorted them with patterns.  If I don't do that, I forget what I was going to do with it.  Cooper and I went for a nice walk, which he of course LOVES.  He got to meet Izzy, who I think is his new girlfriend.  Don't tell Penny.

Then I sat down to watch the football game.  I think San Francisco was on something like quarterback #4 when the game started.  He got hurt.  #5 took over.  He got hurt.  #6 took over.  That along with a bunch of penalties (some deserved, some not) got them nothing in the way of points.  They lost.  

About that time, there was another knock on the door.  It was happy hour time across the street.  What nice folks these are, letting me hang out with them for a couple of hours, stuffing my face with all that food.  Our planned Chinese dinner was cancelled due to overtime at the snack table.

I got back in time to watch Kansas City take the win to the Super Bowl.  I don't know how Mahomes did it ... he was limping the entire game, several times hopping around on one foot to make the throw.  The game was tied when he actually ran with the football to get close enough for a field goal.  Thanks to the other team tackling him out of bounds, they were close enough to make the kick and win.  

And so our day ended with a few corn chips, since it was National Corn Chip Day.  I mean really ... you have to celebrate the IMPORTANT days of the year, right??

Here's one more picture of Elva and I.  I guess she didn't grow a few inches after all!!!


It's shuffleboard this morning, then Cindy is participating in a quilt/craft show we are going to set up for.  Hopefully somewhere in there I have time to hit the parts store.  The days just fly by when you're having fun.  

Add to that the rain that is expected today.  Unlike California where you get a red warning only if it's going to flood .... here you get a warning that it's going to sprinkle.  Maybe I'll even get pictures!  Happy Monday!

13 comments:

  1. Sound like a wonderful time you are having! Breakfast looks so yummy! Cute pic of you and Elva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overtime at the snack table. Sounds like fun. Yes...sprinkles in Yuma is a big deal. Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of overnight rain here. It was enough to keep me awake last night!!!

      Delete
  3. I have been wondering about the propane fills from time to time as sometimes we run through a bottle more quickly but with no extra cooking or cold weather. Go figure. Blueberry pancakes, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fast this time. I checked the little screw they loosen to let the air out and it was tight. Thinking maybe I didn't get the nozzle on just right.

      Delete
  4. Spray bottle 2 teaspoons of soap fill it up with water and spray the line coming out of the propane tank. If it bubbles shut it off
    Also If you have set your propane valve to one side on a particular tank. Most people do.
    and you also using your RV heater that’ll suck up propane quick. They are not known for being efficient
    Standard RV heaters suck That’s why A ceramic Thermostatic blue flame comes in real handy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it next time I fill it. I've used the heaters before and not had usage like this ... even when it was colder.

      Delete
  5. I caught you bending your knees in that picture with Elva! Nice try. Sounds like you have the perfect friends to stay with. Being from KC, I had to route for them, but it a great game to watch. Could have gone either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Elva is tall challenged, so I was helping her out. That was a good game. Glad KC won!!

      Delete
  6. I hope they enjoyed the Canadian maple syrup. Sounds like a good time with friends. Glad it's warmer there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who could not love Canadian maple syrup?? It WAS warmer, but now it's raining!!

      Delete
  7. Every meal has been wonderful. I think I've gained 5 pounds since getting here.

    ReplyDelete