Friday, May 20, 2022

Well That Was Fun!!!

 I was a little bleary eyed this morning as I sipped my coffee on the patio, almost blown away by the wind that has come up out of nowhere.  Gusts of 40 mph are ripping through the trees causing a lovely brown dust storm.  It also rattled everything that can move most of the night long.  The good news is the night temperatures are back to 60 degrees, so my built-in air conditioner (just open the doors) is working like a charm.

I spent most of the day outside, digging out dying plants.  At least this time it's not because of my black thumb.  I've finally given up ... thrown in the towel.  I'm not spending any more money on drip lines the gardeners cut in half every other week, causing the plants to die.  I dug out all the dead stuff and plugged the lines.  I'm going with the minimalist look.  The good part of that is I will use less electricity $$$$ to water everything.

As you can see, in spite of the Weed Man's promises of making my lawn look fabulous, their efforts have failed.  Of course the gardener says I just need to water it more.  Sorry, but that's not happening.  My little one person income is already strained.

There's still more to do, so it's on my list for today.  It doesn't seem like that does much towards the inflation we are dealing with money wise, but at least I won't be so mad from cut water lines.  

While roaming around the yard checking out what needs to be cleaned up next, I spotted my next neighbor problem.  Is it just me over reacting?  These guys put in a pool next door, with the pump set up right next to my fence.  I mean within two feet.  You could see that water was running under the fence and into my horse stalls.  

At first I thought it was just a fluke ... a one time thing.  After it happened several times, I asked them if they had a leak.  I knew what it was ... their back flow that cleans the filter ... but it should be going into their septic system, not out on the ground literally 12" from the fence.

They said they fixed it, but of course they did nothing.  It's happened many times now, causing weeds to grow in areas I'm paying to have sprayed so there are NO weeds.  

I grabbed a shovel and tried to fill in the big gap under the fence.  I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work in the long run.  I'm trying to be a good neighbor and not get in a big argument.  I just can't believe they don't do something about it.  Boy do I HATE having neighbors!!!!!  They are SO inconsiderate!


I hid inside most of the afternoon, sewing more blocks.  There are 702 pieces in these six.  At least it keeps me off the streets!


At last it was time to dress up and head out to the Elks Lodge.  They require a uniform of sorts, white shirt, blue blazer and gray pants.  I doth protest!  You knew I would!  I'm not looking to impress anyone, least of all the ten people who show up for these meetings.  I mean really, NO ONE shows up!!  WHY do we have to wear "the uniform"?

So I'm sitting on the couch with my white shirt, blue blazer and LEVIS, when this sweety climbs in my lap and throws up all over me!!  OH HOLY COW!!!  Poor baby jumped down while I tried to stand up without making a bigger mess and began throwing up all around the kitchen island.  Well that was fun!!   Big sigh!!  I felt really bad for him, having no idea why this was happening.  

Needless to say I didn't make the meeting and spent about 45 minutes cleaning up.  I'm sure that smell will go away eventually!!  His tummy troubles kept us awake until 11:00, WAY past my bedtime.  His face is so expressive, I knew he was feeling bad.  He looked nothing like this picture!


We finally got to sleep about midnight, just before the big winds came to wake us up.  We are running rather late this morning and seem to be in first gear low.  Maybe a little walk outside in the fresh dust storm will breathe a little life back into the two of us.


12 comments:

  1. Now HOW did you teach Cooper to toss up his guts right before a meeting JUST to get out of going to the meeting? LOL GOOD BOY COOPER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ..... well, I did have that same thought!

      Delete
  2. Delhi! 😆 🤣 😂 Poor Cooper....hope he has a quick recovery. June 1st Sutter County starts the water restrictions. Watering lawns Mondays and Thursdays. You are supposed to hand water only with a nozzle. I haven't read anything about automatic sprinklers. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just so crazy. You sure don't see the government being conservation about anything!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm....changing my guess to Livingston! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope Elva ... you hit it right on the head with your first guess.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Whoa .... good for you!!! You never were anonymous cuz I knew who it was!!

      Delete
  5. Oh Poor Cooper and you! I hate throw up, doggie or people! 702 pieces, I'd go crazy!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost there Shirley ... almost there with the crazy.

      Delete