Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Screaming ... The Yelling!!!

 How can I not be happy when I wake up to this little face every morning, trying to dig a hole under my arm?  Come on Mom ... it's time to get UP!!!  He let me sleep in all the way to 5:00 this morning, then made sure I did my morning downward-dog-yoga getting his ball out from under the bed.  After the third time, I confiscate the ball.


Between that and my morning cup-o-joe, I'm ready to begin another day of I-really-need-to-get-rid-of-stuff.  Yesterday it was another journey into the land of Levis.  I've had most of these for at least 25 years because some day I'll fit in them again.  For whatever reason, "some day" has alluded me.  It's time for them to go.  No worries though, I still have 36 pair left that all fit!  What can I say ... it's the cowgirl in me.


After discovering a nice geyser in the back yard, I checked all the sprinklers and called the gardener to make repairs.  His guys did the damage, they can pay to fix it.  Finally ... it was on to BINGO!!

It was a two glass night.  For some reason I was pretty tired, so TWO glasses of coke it was!  It being the first session of the month, we were expecting a crowd.  We were not disappointed.  The peasants are allowed in the building, but have to remain behind the line.  It's like herding cats ... trying to round them up and keep them in the ante room.  

I was wondering if it was a full moon after the fourth problem solving incident.  Luckily my girl came in early.  We had the wrong box of cards, the infernal machine wouldn't turn on and the biggie ... the cash box didn't have the correct amount to start out.  In the end, it was correct ... it was the ledger paper that was wrong.


With things sorted out, we were off to the races.  I mean we were screaming through the line for a solid two hours, trying to get everyone taken care of before the games began.  I rang up 138 people this time, which would be much easier if we didn't allow THEM to pick their cards.  

Bingo players are SO superstitious.  They have to have the exact numbers in the exact spot on those papers or they just can't win.  They spend WAY too much time looking for that specific card.  In the end, it doesn't matter .... they still don't win!!  But they keep trying!!!  That slows the line down considerably.

Everything went pretty well until the back room became very loud, meaning the peasants were fighting over something.  The SCREAMING ... the YELLING!!  The King and his men surrounded the peasants creating the noise.  It seems someone got a bloody nose (not from being hit) that incensed everyone around.  The smell of blood can do strange things to peasants.  

The F-bomb name calling became prevalent before three people wanted their money back because they couldn't hear the Bingo caller.  Since one was the bloody nose, we complied.  I returned half the cost while the guy demanded we tell the peasants to put away the pitchforks and remain completely silent.  This is Bingo I said, and that's not happening.  At least there was no hair pulling or rolling on the floor.  He left in a huff.  It happens, these fights .... and it will continue since we can't have the Police at every door.

In the end I gave out another $5,500 and made some extra for the charity account, along with about $4,000 in winners from the back room.  The peasants were happy ... at least those that won!!

Today I'm determined to fine some new shirts to replace my holey ones.  So far I have driven up to 30 miles both North and South, only to find the stores out of business.  Clothes from the Dollar Store and Walmart are not my bag and I'm determined NOT to shop on Amazon.  They have enough money ... they don't need mine too!!

Thanks for stopping by ... I'll be back tomorrow!!!


10 comments:

  1. Look at those jeans!! I have 5 pair, 2 black, both different in some way and my blue ones have something different about them too. Oh, there are coloured ones hanging in the closet too, red, pink, royal blue, camel and white but I don't call them jeans. You know me, I like colour!
    That Bingo, my goodness, I wonder if my sister still plays, and witnesses all that chaos? I'll have to ask.
    Cooper? OMG! I do totally understand why we wake up with smiles on our faces. So adorable!!♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See ... I'm not the only one with a lot of jeans!!! Stay warm up there!!

      Delete
  2. For western shirts try Sheplers.com. Personally, I have a Lee/Wrangler store in the Ellenton (FL) discount mall where I buy 'em for under $20. We hadn't been there in two years, so when we went a couple weeks ago, I bought 6 western shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! That's a really good price for shirts. Guess I'm stuck with the internet.

      Delete
  3. Guess you had not heard that Amazon stock is down nearly 1,000 points in the past month...poor Jeffry lost about 50 Billion since he own 10% of all Amazon Stock. (snicker, snicker, snicker)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww too bad!! People are back to shopping locally. Definitely a good thing!

      Delete
  4. Boy I love the Bingo story of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessirree Norm ..... people can be fascinating! Especially at Bingo!

      Delete
  5. Cooper sure is a cutie. It would hard to resist that face. I enjoy your stories Nancy. My morning smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree!!! I do like to see people smile!!!

      Delete