Tuesday, May 17, 2022

AND SHE SCORES!!!!

 It gets weird around here sometimes.  I woke up from a usual nightmare, not really willing to get up, but Cooper insisted.  I threw on my oldest holey Levis, an old comfortable shirt and my socks.  As I walked down the hall to the kitchen, I spotted the ball.  SHE KICKS .... SHE SCORES!!!  That dust bunny soared through the air right between the goal posts ... the legs of the tripod that holds Jonathan's heater.

I made a running slide down the hallway with my hands waving in the air, taking in the crowd as they cheered!!!!  Cha-CHING!!  I suppose it's time to vacuum.  That took up the first two hours of the day, dumping not one or two but THREE bags-o-dirt in the trash.  It's amazing how much dirt accumulates on the floor.  I really need to find a housekeeper!

These videos were from a couple days ago.  I haven't seen much traffic on Route 66 lately.  Here's the newest member of the midnight crew.  Don't you wish you had that kind of strength?  THAT is a determined kitty!


Well hello there ..... wait for it ..... since the picket fell down completely (and the neighbor hasn't seen fit to nail it back up) the kids take the easy road into the yard now.  This brought back skunk memories!


Breakfast included a review on those tortillas.  Not EXACTLY the same, but close enough for me.  Yes, it's a tad bit dark brown because I took ten seconds to pet Cooper.  That's all it took.  I'm also trying to use up that pico de gallo I made.  Boy does it have way too many onions!!


Next up ... here's those sprinklers again, and again, and again!  What a pain they are.  This one was flooding the driveway, so it was finally time to dig it up.  YIKES!!  Once I got down to the bottom, there was a huge cave.  I thought gophers, but apparently it's a broken water line.  Oh Boy!!  That's going to cost me.  


I called the gardener and he showed up immediately.  Got to give him credit for that.  He said he will be here early this morning for the repair.  My inflated SCORE ego hit the concrete.

With the weather heating up nicely, it was time for a new Cooper Doo.  Lucky for me he tolerates my terrible horse clipper haircuts.


Not exactly neat and clean, but it will suffice, and I don't think he really cares.  He always gives me a big stretch when we're done.  His payment for good behavior is of course a 30 minute ball game.  He's the one who scores there ... right between the chair legs every time.


This was my view while covered with a quilt, trying to convince everyone I was asleep.  It didn't work.  John chortled, Cooper ran to the door barking like mad at the magpie who dared to land on his sidewalk, causing Jon to go into choruses of Disco Disco and I'm hungry.  There's no peace in this house!!


Dinner was dessert.  I'm one who loves the phrase EAT DESSERT FIRST!  This is half of the little boysenberry pie.  No, that's not a dinner plate, it's a little 6 incher, now made smaller by inflation.  If I had the recipe for that crust, I'd never buy another.  Wish I knew what their secret was!


And so the day ended as I nodded off on the couch to the sweet sounds of barrel racing.  I really need to stop watching this stuff.  It's making me want a horse again REALLY BADLY!!!


10 comments:

  1. We LOVE our Roomba. Can't leave the dog in the condo alone with the Roomba in case her tail gets caught in it, but we normally don't leave her alone very often anyway. Some of these newer robot vacuums can be turned on and off through your cell phone, or you can set the time(s) you want it to operate. They really do a good job, you just have to empty it after each use, and occasional work on cleaning hair and stuff from the brush now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may just have to get a Roomba. It sure would be easier than lugging that heavy vacuum all around the house. I'll check it out!!

      Delete
  2. I wish you would quit trying to grow grass during this drought and leave the water for the farmers and ranchers who feed us all. I know I have no business telling you what to do but it bugs me something fierce to read about all the water you waste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ❤ your front door....and your dinner. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva ... the door is why my friends call my house The Castle! LOL

      Delete
  4. I honestly think that people who comment should leave their name rather than anonymous like Elva does. Dessert looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the new blog format I suppose, although it's pretty easy to add your name. No biggie ... I just wanted to set the record straight.

      Delete
  5. Mister Ed here Anonymous has to do with somebody without setting up in logger ID You forget that the owner of the blog has the right to delete any posters comment
    So my question is very simple what difference does it make if you know who the name of the person is . you’re not going to do anything anyways other than reply just treat the blog as being Spam blog And have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most everyone leaves their name, unless they are saying something they probably wouldn't say in person.

      Delete