Saturday, May 7, 2022

Oh LOOK .... CAKE!!!!

Eeehawww .. RIDE 'EM COWBOY!!!  Oh, sorry, I was reliving that 91 point ride I watched on Cowboy TV yesterday.  I do occasionally have dreams about rodeo, but I'm always the one eating dirt on the ground while the bull gives me a big whack on my head.  Bulls are like bears ... they chase you when you're sleeping!!

It's a two cup of coffee morning, but I don't have time for that.  I've been summoned to the Elks Lodge to cook Mexican hamburger (yes that's a thing), slice ham, plate pastries, cut fruit, pan sausage and otherwise pretend to be busy while sipping a nice coke.  It's prep time for the Mother's Day Brunch on Sunday.  Therefore, this will be short, but not as short as tomorrow's when I have to be there at 6:30 am.

Square TRES is now complete.  It seems to be easier to get the pieces done, but harder to iron with a million seams on the back.  Gee ... I'm almost caught up with January's blocks.


Here's some of the mucho (must be left over from Cinco de Mayo) trimmings I throw away.  No Cindy, I'm not making ANYTHING out of these teeny tiny pieces but I can save them for you!!


Lunch was leftover Mexican dinner ... oh dear, I ate WAY too much.  I tried to walk it off by going to the grocery store for Jonathan supplies.  I walked right into the largest display of Mother's Day flowers I've ever seen!!  Apparently flowers are not in short supply.  The colors were amazing!!  


As I was walking the aisles, I happened to run into someone I used to work with at the County.  It took me 20 minutes of conversation to remember his name.  I worked with his girlfriend for ten years.  It was disheartening to see he had not aged a bit.  Somehow during that conversation, a box of spice cake got into my basket.  How does that happen?

Back home, it magically turned into a carrot cake.  It's in the fridge because the frosting is a little soft since  I tried to lessen the calories by not adding quite so much powdered sugar!  Jonathan will have to be happy with his Cole slaw since his carrots disappeared.  


Not being the least bit hungry for dinner, I passed and went straight to dessert!  Forget the peasants and letting THEM eat cake ..... I chowed down!!!   It's certainly a balanced diet ... vegetables (carrots), fruit (pineapple), dairy (cream cheese) ... all the food groups!  This makes me forget the garbage guys, the gardeners and my neighbors La Bamba music, as I savored every bite.


I'm off ... hoping I can remember everything I'm supposed to get done.  With four new ovens, I'm a little nervous about actually cooking all that food!!


9 comments:

  1. Since you'll be too busy tomorrow "Happy Mothers Day".
    Hope you get all your cooking done for tomorrow.
    That Cake looks yummy. Maybe add crushed nuts for fiber and protein.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh ... the cake is full of pecans!!

      Delete
  2. OH My THAT CAKE!! :) Between the frosting and the moist cake I am drooling!! You are a sweetie doing all that work today and tomorrow. I know it's appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit the cake was really good!!! Even if it was baked by ME!

      Delete
  3. That cake is beautiful 😍 . I would have loved nuts in the cake but not all people do well with nuts....Jerry for example. Yesterday I went to Raley's and the store had so many flowers! Be careful today. You need energy for tomorrow. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right .. most people don't care for nuts in cake, but this one is full of pecans!! I'm going to bed really early! LOL

      Delete
  4. That cake looks delicious! I am sure the breakfast will go well tomorrow with all the prep you all are doing for it on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still more prep to do ... we'll see how it goes. We don't have our normal twelve volunteers this time ... only a few of us.

      Delete
  5. I concur about the cake. Can't wait to bake and have room for it. Um, are you using your fridge? Haha
    You are such a good person, you do so much for the Elks.💗

    ReplyDelete