Sunday, May 8, 2022

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Grandmas and Fur Kid Moms out there.  Time to lay around and be waited upon!!  Cooper isn't so good at that, so if I want dinner, it's on me!!

I'm off to the Elks Lodge ... have to be there by 6:00.  It seems there was a big party last night and we have lots to do this morning.  Add to that the fact that our usual supply of eggs didn't come in, so I'll be cracking fresh ones all morning long.  Luckily I don't have to cook them.


I've got ham, sausage, hash browns, biscuits, waffles and Spanish casseroles to prepare for 250 people.  It's going to be a baking frenzy!!  We panned nine sheet pans with sausage, filled seven more with cups of fruit filled by moi, sliced and panned eight huge hams, whipped up orange juice and eventually located everything else we need.  It was a treasure hunt!!

Here's wishing Mrs. Fox a happy Mother's Day.  I thought I would catch Mr. coming through the fence, but the camera was too slow.  As you can see, he's just passing through at a fast pace.  He's probably on a mission to find dinner for the missus, maybe a nice dead mouse!


In case you missed it, the Kentucky Derby was one of the craziest ever in history.  This horse that won, Rich Strike, only got in because someone else dropped out at the last minute.  Rich Strike had only run three races prior and was listed at 80-1.  If you get a chance, watch the race.  This horse ran through the pack like everyone else was standing still and STILL had enough strength left to outdistance the leader, beating him by half a length.  One of the most amazing races in my lifetime!!!


I'm off to play Chef of the Day!!  Keep your fingers crossed I don't burn the place down!!


12 comments:

  1. Good luck today! We did not see The Derby, will have to catch it on the internet. Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure and check out the reruns. You're going to be amazed at that horse!!

      Delete
  2. Hoping you have a Safe Mothers Day and enjoy it with your Fur and Feathered Kids later.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Hoping you don't work too hard and enjoy some wonderful breakfast you're making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny .... I didn't eat much of that breakfast!!! Happy Mother's Day to you Shirley.

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful day. That food all sounds delicious. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually pretty tasty Elva!! Even if I say so myself!

      Delete
  5. You watch that race and it gives you chills for the underdog. Hope it all went well Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich Strike still has two more races to go. I don't see him winning, but you never know.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure the breakfast was delicious😋. You're a better chef than you let on, my friend.
    I might have to google the race, sounds exciting!
    Hope you had an enjoyable afternoon with the kiddos. You are a terrific Mom. ❤🐕🦜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny ... I can cook for the masses, but not just for one! LOL

      Delete