Monday, May 30, 2022

Remember on Memorial Day

It's a day to remember everyone who lost their lives giving us the life we have in this great country.  Without their sacrifice, we would not have the freedom to do what we want, to make a living, to travel freely and to raise families.  We owe them EVERYTHING!!  Please take a moment to remember them today.

 A change of scenery is always nice, but when it includes a hot tub, it's even better.  The weather could not have been more perfect on Sunday.  Luckily I did sneak in a bathing suit, not knowing whether we would be in hot water or not.  When Cyndae said we're going in, I was ready!!


Thirty minutes later we were getting ready for breakfast at Sandy's house.  I met her years ago at an RV gathering in Modesto.  She and her husband belonged to the same group.  For one reason or another, none of us have husbands left, so we women need to band together!!  

It was like an up-scale hotel buffet!  We filled our plates and headed for the patio where Kitty Buddy was waiting.


Let's just say Buddy is a Fat Cat and it's not by money.  He made the round of everyones feet so you had the chance of rubbing his back with your shoe while we ate bacon, eggs, fruit, croissants and things I didn't know the name of.  They were all delicious!!


We talked for another hour since Sandy and I feel the same about PG&E, as she read the latest note saying they can only water their lawns at certain hours and only three days a week.  Maybe if they quit allowing all those 1100 houses to be built, they would have more water for everyone already there.  How can you do that?  Literally built a town right next door, then demand you use less water???  It makes me crazy!!

Back to Cyndae's house, Cooper and I went for a nice walk before packing up to leave.  These walkways criss cross the neighborhood.  Cooper had a great time watering the concrete.


Here's an example of "no lawn" across from Cyndae's house.  I might think about this for part of my front yard, except I know from experience, all that shredded wood ground cover will end up in the trash cans as the gardeners blow everything around.  At one time I actually had heavy rubber mulch in every flower bed.  It's all gone now ...


We met lots of these guys on our walk.  It seems they grow a huge crop of slugs.  Cooper was very interested in these guys!


Back at the house, we began to pack up.  Cyndae's not aware of how sneaky Cooper can be.  He was in panic mode because he thought he was going to be left behind.  He slipped out the door and ran right by me straight for the street!  I called him several times as I ran after him, but he never looked back.  

He went straight to the truck door and tried to jump in.  He was NOT going to be left here!!!  Poor Baby ... I put him in the truck and locked him to the seatbelt.  He was a happy camper!

Traffic wasn't bad, but there were even more crazies on the road.  In 2-1/2 hours of driving, although I looked everywhere, I did not see one single CHP (California Highway Patrol) the entire way ... NOT ONE!!  And we wonder why people drive like they are in a video game.  

To prove my point, I drove 75 and 80 for about an hour, just to see if I would get stopped.  Nope ... not a single cop car the entire way.  They complain they have no financing ... well maybe if the guys they do have were actually on the highway, they could make enough money from tickets to PAY for more!!!

That's my California rant of the day!!  I'm off to smoke some Pig Powder covered ribs for my dinner!


8 comments:

  1. Our dogs get antsy when we pack up as well. Especially Dakota. No way she wants to be left behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's it ... they know you are packing!!

      Delete
  2. Sure glad you got home safe. You would THINK that with the 3 day holiday the CHP would be in their DUI hunting mode. (Of course, they (police) did catch Nancy's husband in Napa area due to him wrecking their 2021 Porsche. Just think, he could have taken a UBER for a few hundred dollars, but instead took the Pelosi Porsche and it will be costing them about $10K or so.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that!!! Too funny. Not that anything will happen to him ... it took them 90 minutes to arrest him and his bail was all of $5,000. Money talks I guess. $100,000 for that car ... but I'm sure Nancy will buy another.

      Delete
  3. Yuba City water restrictions actually began on May 1. Starting June 1 citations will be issued. Watering is restrictioned to Mondays and Thursdays. The Pelosi's are so rich they can afford full time drivers. Idiot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but that water restriction thing is a bunch of baloney. Just check out all the green grass around the government buildings. They waste water like crazy and should NOT be allowed to build more houses.

      Delete
  4. Our dogs are so smart! They understand our words more than we think.
    The no grass landscaping reminds me of Lake Havasu. I live their front yard but you'd need a good frond cover under the rock or mulch so you're not picking weeds out. That's what i do because i wasn't diligent enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right ... I forgot about Havasu. Next time I go by there, I'll do a drive through and maybe take pictures.

      Delete