Tuesday, May 10, 2022

It's Become A Habit

 Another gorgeous day in sunny Cali, although the cold has set back in.  We're back to 40 degree nights for the next four days.  It's a good thing I didn't take my electric blanket off the bed!!  Morning coffee on the patio has become morning coffee in the kitchen looking out the window.

My shoulders have finally let me know their pain from all that lifting of heavy pans.  Those sheet trays are twice the size of mine.  By the way, did I mention I also filled 350 cups with diced fruit?  Talk about heavy!!!  It's all good though since that's my workout for the week.  It gets you in shape fast!

Yeah this second day won't be all that much fun.  My tattoo is a little worse than I thought, as pieces are starting to fall off.  This one's going to leave a mark!!  No pictures, I don't want to ruin your breakfast.


A Cooper picture just to fill the blank space!  I got a call (and a nice thank you) yesterday from the Lodge.  We served 502 people.  YIKES!!!  Our normal is 250 and I thought we maybe had 350.  No wonder I kept running out of food!!

I had lots of errands to run yesterday, so I was off early, dropping off some donations at Goodwill.  Sadly there's no other place around here to donate.  Then it was on to return an Amazon purchase.  That just HAPPENED to take me by Habit Burger.  It's become a habit, although probably my LAST one.  Good grief, these burgers are up to $7.50 ... just the burger.


I need to be cheap with food since I have fabric to pay for!!!  Here's numero quatro, although it's not sewn together yet.  Only twelve to go for just the center piece.  


I spent the rest of the day watching rodeo, trying to stretch out my sore muscles.  I wore the wrong boots, so now I'm trying to reshape my foot back to normal.  

I've also been taking care of all those emails I get regarding the latest Hair Drayer (I had to read that one twice), the huge settlement I've received regarding my motorcycle accident, I can pick up my $1,000 Walmart gift card any time, and I can expect my case evaluation (for what I don't know) any day.  It's also time to file my million dollar claim because I drank milk from a cow.  Who knew????

AND ....... it's BINGO time!!!


8 comments:

  1. Wow that is an expensive burger! Adorable picture of Cooper! :) That's an amazing number of people you served, great job to you and your team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The burgers were $5 when they opened. Gotta love this inflation in the last year.

      Delete
  2. Your crew did a great job making that many meals.
    Scammers never give up. They try to take your money rather then getting a Job.
    Cooper could help with that Burger.
    That burn will take a while to heal but (Don't be grossed out.) The best antibiotics for burns is your own Spit.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Bingo!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's an interesting remedy for burns. I'll try it and let you know!

      Delete
  3. Yesterday in Arny's garage his friend Steve had come by and he has to travel all over NorCal and CentralCal to appraise wrecked 18 wheeler type trucks for insurance purposes. He said that Burger King now has a $1.39 menu instead of a $1 menu...that a simple Burger is around $3.50 at McD's now. He said it is hard to eat at a Fast Food place for under $10 anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how everything got so expensive in one year. Surprisingly, no one is doing anything about it.

      Delete
  4. It's always a good feeling dropping off at Goodwill. Getting things out of the house. Even if i but something else while there, it's'new to me' stuff.
    You sure did serve a lot of people! Great job!
    Ah, sweet Cooper.❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting things out of my closet is a major effort for me. I just don't want to let go of anything!!

      Delete