Friday, October 1, 2021

IT'S PUMPKIN TIME!!!!

 The mysteries of Mother Nature are many.  Here’s one … how in the world does this guy get in my back yard?  I’ve traveled the entire perimeter and found no entry or exit holes.  Has he got wings?  More up close and personal video!

I did find one four inch space under a double wrought iron gate.  That’s amazing if it’s how he enters the back yard.  Lucky for me, no Eau-de-Pew followed him this time.



Here’s the truck toolbox I ordered.  If you could see underneath the back seat of my truck, you would understand the need.  There’s so much stuff crammed under there it’s crazy, not to mention it's really hard to find anything.  Chains, battery cables, a jack, tools spread out everywhere … it’s a mess.    Hopefully this will help give Cooper a little more room.  I ordered it from Tractor Supply.

At long last it's PUMPKIN time at the Patch.  As much as I was hoping to show off the new additions this year, sadly Insurance has put a stop to most everything.  Out of the blue they decided not to insure the kids zip line, even though they did last year.  Scratch that one for now.  

The big new Snack Bar building is also on hold because even though they submitted plans over a year ago to the Building Division (where I worked for ten years), they still have not approved them.  That's ridiculous.  I know the routine .. I know what's required and they should have had that done in two months.  MY building crew would have had it approved in two WEEKS.  It seems nowadays they do everything they can to make you wait.  It's a game of control.  Can you feel my irritation?

On the other hand, the good news is that I'm not working the snack bar this year.  No more lugging 400 cases of Costco water, or 400 cases of soda or all the boxes of goodies to sell.  I'm pretty happy about that!!  This year I just have to supervise the teenagers running the attractions.  Come to think of it, that just might be a worse job!!  No no .... it's going to be a blast!!


I can't wait to hear the creak of this 100-year old windmill that opens and closes with the speed of the wind.  Whoever invented this was a genius!!  The dinosaurs are ready, the goats not so patiently waiting for all that food they get and the slide got a new coat of slick spray.  


I'm making up my list of required items ... like furniture polish.  Yup that's what makes the slide slick!!  I'm sure the first day will be a disaster, but I've got my fingers crossed.  Tomorrow is the big vendor day ... an open air market with over 60 sellers of crafty items.  If I survive that, I should be good to go.

It's PUMPKIN TIME!!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your pumpkin patch posts! Hard to believe it's here already! Love the windmill, hopefully you can capture a pic of it in full windmill mode! Wish I could go to your open air market today. Love the tool box, we looked at the same a few years ago then a friend gave us one LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gave you a tool box? Nice friends!! I think we are up to 70 vendors for the craft market.

      Delete
  2. "IF" you have one 'out-of-control' teen on your hands, just point up to that windmill and say, "Ya, you remind me of Charlie...he acted up too until they tied him to that windmill up there and let it twirl a dozen times or so..." lol GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Good idea! Actually most of these kids are pretty good, thank goodness!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's amazing to see it in action. If the wind is too strong, it closes up so it doesn't break. It's the only one I've ever seen.

      Delete
  4. If you don’t have a snack bar why don’t you contract a licensed food truck vendor or 2
    Your kickback will be smaller but at least u will have a variety and no out-of-pocket expense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea ... but I'm OUT of the snack bar business, thank goodness. They have had trucks wants to come on the property, but honestly, they would not be able to keep up with the crowds we have.

      Delete