Thursday, September 30, 2021

The Evil Eye!!!

 The lovely smell of eau-de-stink wafted across the patio while I sipped my coffee in the dark.  It always surprises me how noisy it can be at O-dark-thirty.  Many, many miles away is the runway left over from Castle Air Force Base which now houses a small version of U.P.S., whose planes take off very early in the morning.  Sometimes I can hear the engines roar.  Other times it’s just the quiet of something sneaking through the tall grass.

A trip around the perimeter was definitely in order.  I’m happy to say my defense fence is working.  I had pushed piles of dead grass into the entry holes (now covered with steel) to see if it would show THEY (like in the old time movie THEY, or was it THEM?) were still trying to break in.  


The grass in several places had been totally scraped through the bars to the outside.  Yup … they have been trying their best to enter.  Determined little buggers!!  So they went clear around the neighborhood … which is quite the walk … to the back yard of my neighbor to try entry from THAT front.  Too bad for me, it worked.  More battlements, more banging of the big hammer to close up THAT hole.


I would show you pictures, but the game camera has chosen to throw a fit, probably due to being scared to death when that lovely lady sniffed her up and down.  It seems when the video begins, it locks up the infra-red lights and kills the batteries every time.  A new camera is on order.  Although not that cheap, they are cheaply made and do not seem to last long in this world.  Maybe Mrs. Stinky gave it the evil eye!


Don't be fooled as you watch this ... here's the last video of my other much preferred visitor.  Kitty Kitty was the only one to keep his distance.  



In case you were wondering why that fence is broken ... it's not.  Nancy and her handy dandy hacksaw tested out the cutting blade before discovering a steel post.  That entire section of fence needs to go to allow for the tractor and disc to enter, now required in the "pasture" full of two foot high weeds.  I failed.  At some point ... soon I hope ... I can get it removed.

Here's the latest in frustration from my sewing room.  Sew two pieces together, cut it into four pieces and sew those together.  Easy up to this point.


Then you cut THAT piece into NINE pieces at exactly 2-1/8 inch from each center seam.  Now turn some around and sew those nine pieces together!  Who comes up with this stuff????  This requires majorly accurate stitching, quite the task on a rather clunky machine.  I was fairly accurate the first two blocks, then it all went south.  This is going to be a long slow project.


Here's two more quilts up for grabs.  This one is 58" x 74".


And this much smaller one at 48" x 58".  Perfect Puppy-size.


In the meantime, I'm off to find a big tool box for the back of my truck to hold my generator and 5th wheel stuff that requires lock and key.  I don't know why I didn't think of this before.  I also have company for the day ... my friend from Sacramento, so I'll be trying to figure out what we can cook.  Habit Burger is calling my name.

8 comments:

  1. Toolbox… harbor freight / # Northern hydraulics / # Tractor supply / farm and fleet / AutoZone
    Find a lawn guy that’s got an old fashion sickle bar : they were the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tractor supply is my friend ... and is not too far away.

      Delete
  2. You are going to run out of those fence guards...can't believe the skunk traveled that far around to get in, it must have been in through that route before.

    You might want to google the name of your game camera and "reset" to see if there is a way to reset it, which 'might' clear up your problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a mystery for sure, to discover exactly where they are getting in. As for the camera, good idea. I'll see if I can reset it.

      Delete
  3. Nancy,you might reconsider lifting your generator into a truck tool box— when we 5th wheeled our generator was often used right where it sat to power the trailer without unhooking.We secured the generator with HD cable lock to the box hold down- worked a charm & saved the back,lol.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My generator is rather lightweight (compared to most). Locking it in the back was my first choice for sure. A big tool box will add extra room for all that other stuff I have to carry. Seems I never have enough room inside the truck.

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha weird, I don't feel like that ... most of the time anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the best way to get a hold of you regarding your quilts?

    ReplyDelete