Tuesday, September 14, 2021

A Normal Day In The Life .....

 There's nothing like writing a blog and having to explain the weird images posted there.  Here's the first one.  Having been bitten again by what now appears to be a fire ant hill the size of Texas in my back yard, I made a run for the ice to stop the burn.

Apparently the ants are in as bad a shape as California, since they are congregating towards the top four inches of sandy soil looking for water.  I'm sure that's the reason for all this nonsense ... my sprinklers.

So there I was, heading for the freezer when I stepped in a rather large puddle of water.  UH OH!!!  I looked down to see water running down the front of my freezer to the hardwood floor.  Big sigh .... can't just ONE day go by without incident?

This is what I found ... the front cover to my ice maker is covered in frost.  I can't figure out if that's because it's not defrosting or maybe defrosting all the time.


The ice bin in the door was full of ice, but it was melting.  It took me an hour to clean up the mess.  Seriously, figuring out this kind of stuff is MAN work.  So I called the number inside the fridge for repairs.  The thing is, it's a huge JennAire side by side that is built in to the house.  They gave me the number of two "authorized" repairmen, neither of which were within 50 miles.

I called an Appliance Repair shop only 30 miles away and they said YES they could fix it.  I'm not so sure about that, but they are coming this morning.  This kind of stuff is so frustrating, which is why it's better handled by Prince Charming, who has not ridden by on his white horse yet.


In the meantime, my foot is a lovely shade of red.  At least this spot isn't itching any more, but I don't think the fabric store will appreciate me going in barefoot since I can't get a shoe on.  And of course now I have three more bites!!


I finally located a 20 year old pair of flats that were way too tight, and off to the quilt store I went.  I required three pieces of fabric to keep working on the next quilt.  On the way back, I began to crave a Habit Burger.  With onion rings!!!  My mouth was watering.

As I pulled in to the drive through, I noticed a white corvette in front of me.  Nice!  You may not know that I owned a 2001 Corvette for ten years .... LOVED it!!  Anyway, it took forever for him to get his order that practically filled the car.  I laughed when I saw him reach for the bags while wearing black driving gloves.  Seriously, no one does that!!

At last I got my order.  I should tell you I never look in the bag ... ever.  I don't know what possessed me to look this time, but low and behold ..... chicken tenders.  I drove around the corner and snagged a waitress coming out the door.  This is not my order!!

She disappeared back inside and I waited ..... and waited.  Finally I parked and went inside, wondering who ended up with my $12.63 burger instead of their $5.00 chicken tenders.  The nice lady said my order was coming right up.  Ten minutes passed.  Surprisingly, my patience had kicked in ... a rarity.  

Finally she brought the bag and I double checked the order.  I was ecstatic when I got home .... mmmmmmm burger.  EXCEPT ... they forgot the $.80 piece of cheese I paid for.  Lucky for them (because I really would have driven all the way back) they gave me a ticket for a free burger.  I finished it all, but somehow it didn't taste nearly as good.  The next time ... when it's FREE ... I will dissect the order before I get home.

Now stuffed to the gills, I began with the next quilt in between playing with Cooper on the floor.  Truly, it's what keeps me flexible and able to get up off the ground once I'm down there.


Here's the first four blocks, and oh lucky me, there's enough fabric left over from that roll to make another whole quilt!!  Waste not want not!!


In the meantime, I'm not so patiently waiting for my skunk fence to be delivered.  I can't wait to get going on THAT project!!  But of course that also includes dragging those 7 x 12 foot chain link panels back to the horse stall.  That's just another MAN job on my plate.




4 comments:

  1. I think instinctively you knew, by the weight, that there was something missing in that bag. I am surprised that they did not give you the chicken too, since they can't give it to anyone else...but nice touch that they gave you a free burger on your next visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't fault them for the free burger, that's for sure!!

      Delete
  2. I too seem to get my order mixed-up more often than not.....why!?!?

    ReplyDelete