Friday, September 17, 2021

I'm On A Roll!!

 Why stop when I'm on a roll?  Let's just keep rolling along until I fall off the cliff.  After all, I have my stun gun, offered to me eight times yesterday because my wife looks easy (according to the emails), my loan for $9,525 has been approved without my signature seven times, I've apparently won three new prizes ranging from $50 to $1.5 million, my Gold IRA needs to be verified according to Amanda, my weed killer claim was cancelled, my life insurance needs attention and my burial insurance is in the bag.  No big deal if I crash tomorrow!!

In the meantime, even harder to get than the $1.5 million is my prescription renewed.  

I called the pharmacy.  I can pick it up a week later.  The pharmacy does not call back, so I call them ... a week later.  No on that prescription because the doctor won't approve it.  But I have a six month supply and have only used one.  NO!!

Three calls to the doctor later, I get an appointment.  I arrive right on time and am told to wait in the hot sun in my truck, along with six other vehicles outside with their engines running trying to stay cool.  Forty five minutes later with no call, I'm REALLY hot under the collar.  I go inside to find no one in the waiting room and no call on my phone to go in.  

The words coming out of my mouth quickly got me seated in the room farthest away from everyone.  

Doctor:  You have a prescription.  There's no reason it did not get filled.  WOW your blood pressure is through the roof!  

Me:  Tell that to the pharmacy please.  And yes it is because I'm so mad about the way you handle patients.  She refused to let me go until I took a pill.  

Me:  It's not that high, I can tell.  Take it again please.  It was almost back to normal, but they held me hostage until I took the darn pill.  

I received no confirmation until three hours later when the pharmacy notified me the cost would be $17.93.  I checked Good RX for a discount and should get it for $5.36 ... a 3 month supply.


By the time all that was done ... four hours later ... I was literally falling asleep on the couch.  I downed some salt and two cups of coffee trying to get my blood pressure back UP to normal.  I finally wandered off to the Elks Lodge NOT in my monkey suit because there's no use getting steak juice all down the front and having to pay the cleaning bill.  Once dinner was over, I changed upstairs.


It was a very long night as "our flag" was said 50 times while handing them out to the new members.  We are proud to have so many people join our organization.  There are already 10 in line for the initiation next month.  


I would love to say I'm heading out to the skunk wall of shame, but with only four hours sleep last night, I probably won't make it for the installation of my latest experiment with the big hammer.  Thank goodness there's nothing else on my to-do list for the next three days, except try to extract that prescription from the pharmacy.  Wish me luck!!


10 comments:

  1. Curious what pharmacy you're using? I've heard terrible things lately about Walgreens. I don't envy anyone having to go to the doctor's or a hospital at this point in life. That's pretty cool that many people want to join the Elks! Is there a minimum participation that's required of the newbies? Just being nosey LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CVS is the culprit, only because it's in Target and I never have to wait in line. As to the Elks, no minimum participation. It's all voluntary and I'm surprised at the number of people who participate.

      Delete
  2. We use Walgreens, my Sister and Mom use CVS...they ALL seem a bit out of it right now because they ALL are running short handed (as just about every business out there) AND they are giving out so many 'SHOTS' (in the arm not like a bartender gives) every day! Went to McD's drive-thru with mom yesterday and there was a sign, "Giving job interviews on the spot when you apply", or in other words, "If you can walk, talk, breathe YOUR HIRED" Now if they ONLY knew the difference between Coke, Diet Coke and Dr. Pepper....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds about right. Once they cut off the unemployment, people will be scrambling to find a job.

      Delete
  3. That's terrible that your Pharmacy is so incompetent! Prescriptions are there for when we need them, I hope the dr. gets on at them.
    That is a great group of Elks-ees. :) As usual, you look smashing in your duds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never experienced this before, so I'm rather surprised. Most likely the excuse she gave is their stock answer to everything, since she said fax machine, which hasn't been around in ages. LOL.

      Delete
  4. I would guess you’re in the wrong HMO group atenolol free amlodpine free warfarin free any heart medication free. I guess it’s time to take a stop at your local Mexican Purple pharmacy Next time you go south

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessirree ... Mexico here I come!! Gee, I don't seem to get anything free .... and I pay through the nose for medicare.

      Delete
  5. We have the hardest time getting more than a 30 day supply. A real pain when you are traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem for sure. I finally convinced my Doctor to double the dosage and give me a three month supply ... I then cut them in half!!!

      Delete