Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Are You Ready For Some Bingo???

From the moment I woke up this morning, I began the task of gearing up for Bingo.  Only two months and the current gal on the cash register needs a break.  I understand her pain ... plus you really need someone who can count those cards at breakneck speed.  The best one for that is the Castle Lawyer!  We shall see how it goes tonight.   I understand they have had big crowds every night.  Neither rain nor sleet nor dark of night will keep those players away.

In the meantime, I ordered some Beggin' strips for Cooper.  Wasn't I surprised to receive a lifetime supply!  Good grief, he will never be able to eat up all these.  I filled two large zip-lok bags and stored them in the fridge, hoping they last awhile.  The bag is still half full.  In case you were wondering, I was actually going for the small bag. 


In the meantime, I'm looking into these air shocks for my truck.  On my last trip pulling the fifth wheel, the roads were so lousy that it caused quite the up and down movement, especially on underpasses.  Anyone have experience with these and do you even know exactly what brand they are?  There was no mention in the post.


Or maybe this kind would work?  I'm just looking into it to see if it's feasible and will it help stop that movement when driving, especially when going under overpasses, which seem to be the roughest.


In the meantime, since it was a cool 65 degrees yesterday morning, I checked out the drip irrigation system to see how many lines had been cut by the yard guys.  A record SEVEN had to be replaced.  No wonder many of my plants are dying.  It's hard to complain when they do such a great job of everything else, but this time I'm only paying them half the bill.

I replaced six lines before I left and now seven more.  I think they are at their limit.  Time for yet another Gardener!!

I didn't realize as I finished up yesterday, just how hot it was outside.  I pulled out my smoker and within three hours had these beautiful chicken thighs ready for noshing.


I finally got smart and bought a bunch of not-very-deep aluminum pans to catch the juices.  It sure makes it easier to clean up!!  Mighty tasty these were and cheap at $1.99 a pound.  


It turned out to be 106 degrees!  YIKES!!  As I walked out for my morning coffee this morning, I was shocked to fine it in the mid 80's.  Good grief!!  My air conditioning came on at 5:00 am.  Three days more they say, which pretty much means I'm hiding in my sewing room!!

There were no critter videos from the last two days.  Apparently there was a glitch of some kind and it didn't even record me taking it off the fence, which it does every single time.  I suppose no news is good news, but I sure would like to see that little fox again!!

Just because it's getting close to pumpkin season and I'm a big fan of anything pumpkin, I made up some bars from a new recipe.  A little mouse already ate a piece from the corner.  It tastes okay, but would be much better with an entire can of whipped cream on top!!  I'll probably take them to Bingo so they disappear before I eat them all.


In the meantime, I'm working on measuring all the quilts for sale.  I definitely need to make more room since I now have twelve more that I will quilt on my new longarm.  Believe me, that's a drop in the bucket compared to SOME people I know!!  Yes, that would be Ray and Cindy Warner.  Cindy is a sewing "machine"!!!  She has the knack for color like no other and a stack of finished quilts I can never compete with!!

Time for my pre-Bingo relaxation techniques.  Lay on the cool floor and UMMMMM my way into unconsciousness before the melee!!


10 comments:

  1. Chicken looks so yummy along with your pumpkin cake! WE start out cool 44degrees and end up at 99. I'm so ready for Fall temps! Twelve ready for the long arm, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of these on my work truck with your trailer hooked up They work great You could use your12v tire inflator To bring them up to the PSI you want when you’re not hooked up to your trailer let the air out give you a little better ride
    This is the price that we paid however you can get them cheaper 300$ and there still just as good
    https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Firestone/F2709.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you have hundreds of them . Whatever you sell your quilts for calculate shipping cost into the price Or increase the price by $50 and tell them they get the shipping for free,,,, everybody loves a deal especially if it comes free
      Otherwise you’re cutting into your profit margin

      Delete
    2. Aha ... a good marketing idea. Thank you ... and I'm definitely checking on that air suspension.

      Delete
  3. Why is it that sometimes when I read your blog I gain 5 pounds???? Now that chicken looks yummy, breasts would be better but probably a bank account breaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny ... I've done the chicken breasts, but they have to be with skin on and really big. Otherwise they dry out really bad. I can definitely say me too on the weight gain! LOL

      Delete
  4. I love chicken thighs. That is quite a mess of them! They look small but seem to be loaded with meat. I usually buy the boneless/skinless although I do like the skin.
    Dessert looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete