Saturday, September 11, 2021

NEVER FORGET 9/11

REMEMBER 9/11 ... NEVER FORGET THE DESTRUCTION AND LIVES LOST


 It always makes me feel so nice when I'm welcomed back to Buzzards Roost in Cali.  At least this time (so far) I haven't had any black and white parties in my honor.  The ants now hanging out in my bathroom sink AND my shower, were more than enough.

Little did I know however, that the gophers were planning a SURPRISE event!  Welcome back Nancy ... we dug three holes for you!!  OH BOY!!  The hose ran for about 30 minutes full blast, without one drop of water coming to the top.  Hopefully it caved in their creation.  Not that I don't appreciate a party, just not one of the hole-y variety!!


Which brought me to this!  All my chain link panels used to keep out the denizens of stink were literally chained to the ground with grass.  It took all my strength to lift up the steel panels of the corral, pin them back together, then lift the other panels you see here covered in grass. 

It's all in preparation for the latest idea to keep those critters at bay.  I can tell you it's not going to be fun cleaning all that grass off and dragging them clear across the corral to where they live in the horse stall.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed this new idea works.  Whether I plug up the fox hole is debatable.  I rather like seeing that little guy who has not showed his little head since the first day.


Next on the list, I was on the hunt for diesel.  Most every station around here is at $4.31 a gallon.  As you know, California sucks in that department.  Funny, California sucks in MOST departments!  I was rather surprised to find diesel lower than regular gas.  This is the first time that has happened since I bought my truck in 2005.  Sixteen years of paying more than gas for the cheapest fuel there is.  Obviously it's still not cheap.  I got just a tad over half a tank for $125.00, but I do have a 50 gallon tank which I absolutely LOVE!!


On to the next item on the list.  My poor truck seems to get completely covered in grease when traveling to Arizona and back.  I did hit a car wash before I left, which didn't even phase it.  Add to that another 1600 miles of road tar and I expected to have to hand wash it.  On a whim, I pulled in to a Mister Car Wash.

I told the girl I was coming back through a second time (for free) if it didn't come clean.  Surprisingly, she said that was just hunky dory!  The trip through is always a psychedelic experience.


I love how they color the soap!!!  Which they should, considering this wash cost me $18.00.


I was shocked and amazed when I came out the other side and there was not a spec of grease on the truck. The windshield, not so much.  Those bugs stick pretty good, but I can clean that up.  The rest is sparkly clean!!!  WOOHOO!


I stopped for groceries on the way back home.  I always try not to wander too close to the magazine aisle.  They have cookbooks that scream my name.  I'm usually pretty good at looking the other way, but this Taste of Home magazine with recipes of all things pumpkin just turned my head.  I ALWAYS, without fail, check the price since getting caught once with a $13 magazine purchase.

I think I'll make every recipe in the book.  First up ... pumpkin cake.  Boy oh boy is this moist and delicious (it has applesauce in the recipe).  It did look a little forlorn however.


NOW it looks better.  Hey WAIT!!!  Who's been in the cake?????  Must be the gophers!


Stuffed to the brim (no, I didn't eat it all), Mr. Cooper and I hung out on the couch for the evening.  Funny guy, he has to be laying on my leg ... every time.  That of course means I'm not allowed to move, even an inch.


Coming up next, more old West stories.


3 comments:

  1. We bought some solar things to stick in the ground and every so often they make some kind of sound that you can barely hear. It got rid of all the ground squirrels who had tunnels everywhere. I think they were about $25 a piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look online. Those are probably cheaper than all that water I ran into the ground! LOL

      Delete
  2. I'll never forget 9/11...nor will I forget August 2021 when Biden made a 20 year war worthless...

    ReplyDelete