Wednesday, September 8, 2021

B. I. N. G. O. !!!!!

Oh YEAH!!  It's that time again ... for laughter, talismans, good luck, bad luck, fights and mayhem.  Bingo is back at the Magic Kingdom and it never disappoints.  To start the day off right, I was actually an hour early.  That's what happens when you make an appointment for a haircut one hour before your presence is required at the Castle.  

In this case that meant I had to pay for said appointment, even though I received no services.  It takes much longer than one hour to get home, feed the dog and do SOMETHING with this mess of hair before my presence is officially required.  I rescheduled for the third time, thus requiring payment or she would never agree to see me again.  

Not really, since she is a very good friend and neighbor, which is why I insisted she take payment.  After all, she needs to make a living too.  I rescheduled AGAIN!


And so I wandered into the Castle Wine Room for some caffeine to gear up for the onslaught of people.  I'm a Pepsi drinker big time, but all they serve in the Castle is coke.  It did the trick.  When setup time arrived, I wandered down to the basement.  Where else but dark and damp depths to have mayhem spread out over the masses.

Castle employees must have been given the day off, because I was alone at the table after setting up the infernal machine and the papers that cause cheers of joy and hair pulling all in the same 20 seconds.  The masses were let in at 4:15, running from one end to the other to get their lucky spot where they won $250 three years ago.  It's a madhouse.  Do NOT get in their way or they will run you right over to be first in line.

And so the night began with remarks like "gee this line is going fast" .... and "oh, it's my turn already?"  That means I'm pretty fast on the takedown of their meager earnings.  The complaint of not a very long line was music to my ears.  Even the King was surprised.  There's an art to money counting, and as you know, I'm pretty good at it since I tend to spend so much of it.  It does require you put your brain in overdrive.

And then it happened.  The Mini Me infernal machine decided to lock up.  It's a completely new one since I was there last, and although it looks the same, it's not even close when it comes to the operation.  It's usually operator error, and tonight was no exception.  It threw a hissy fit until I figured out I forgot to plug it in to the internet.  That was my penalty for being so smug about running people through the line fast.


I'm thinking maybe "I" need a talisman to sit on my table for extra support.  Maybe something edible like M&M's.  Really, I need all the help I can get!!  

There was only one disagreement, kind of like watching musical chairs with three people and only two chairs.  This time it was FOUR people and ONE chair.  Pushing and shoving is NOT optional.

At last my helper showed up and we ran 99 people through the line in record time.  Close to $6000 went home in someone's purse or pocket.  Now you know why Bingo is such a big deal.  We will be back at it next week, so stay tuned.  We rarely get through one month without calling the police!!

In the meantime, I have more visitors to my little abode which required the opening of the dreaded "under sink storage" area where you can't find what you want.  Much of this came from the old rig, only because it wouldn't FIT in the new one.


I'll expound on that tomorrow since I'm half asleep this morning, having arrived home after 10:00 and not sleeping well.  I seem to be back to those night terrors of old, trying to jump from tree to tree to escape the grizzly bear hot on my trail.  Oh I have a gun, but no bulletos!!  I always seem to be out of ammo!!  I'll be asleep on the couch.


11 comments:

  1. I love the antics that go on with BINGO night! What a riot! That's a lot of stuff under the counter. I'm sure you will feel better when it's cleaned out! Hmmm...should I check mine? No think i'll put it off LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart girl ... I hate looking under that counter!!! It screams CLEAN ME OUT!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ahaha that's possible I suppose. It's a public site .. kind of like those videos you see at Walmart, right?

      Delete
  3. Another Cash Register already??? Me thinks one of the Elks members works for a Sharp distributor...or, when you were away, a member dropped the former machine on the floor in total frustration! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's VERY possible Dave. Actually we got a new point of sale system that includes one for our desk so all that money goes straight to the bank.

      Delete
  4. I think you should take Jim and Barb’s offer on that video I’ll be glad to lend you might go pro ….. but on a funnier note
    Words Related to hissy fit
    eruption, flare-up, outburst, storm, uproar
    agitation, delirium, distraction, frenzy, furor, furore, fury, hysteria, rage, rampage
    convulsion(s), paroxysm, seizure, spasm, upheaval
    angriness, choler, indignation, irateness, ire, lividity, lividness, spleen, wrath, wrathfulness
    reaction, rise
    dander, temper
    grouch, hump [British], pet, pouts, snit, sulk(s), sulkiness, sullenness
    When I was growing up, my mother had all of these… And I learned never to interfere with her hissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a good bingo vocabulary!! You were a smart kid!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is ... and even better if you balance out each night! LOL

      Delete