Friday, October 8, 2021

Where The Goats Go

It was another long day at the Pumpkin Patch, but the weather has been wonderful.  In the mid 70's with a breeze blowing, it doesn't get any better.

Actually it does, when I'm able to sneak off to visit the goats and take a break from the wonderful screaming kids and parents.  This is where the goats go.  We call it the critter corral.  Inside these red barn doors is Barnyard Squares.  We will visit it later.


Across from the squares is the large pen where five baby goats beg for food.  That's all these "kids" think about, like any normal kid I suppose.


They are cute as can be and LOVE to be petted and scratched.  The best part for me is the hay bales scattered about where I can sit and take a load off my feet out of sight of the public!!


Believe it or not, this little girl is asleep.  I can't believe she didn't fall off.  The day went well actually, especially when I found the blower to take the place of that broom.  That made a world of difference in my walking gait for the rest of the day.  We spruced up, cleaned up and hauled off stinky pumpkins.  You cannot imagine just how bad they can smell.  Whew!!!!


I may have mentioned this before, but goats only have teeth on the bottom, so they can't really bite you.  They nibble like a bunny rabbit.  Too much fun.

Back at it, I was amazed that the new recruits I trained for the Corn Chute slide did an amazing job.  We had not ONE single complaint the entire day.  Boy does that make my job easier.  


I'm sure that won't happen today however, as I've got somewhere between 250 and 300 school kids coming for their field trip at 9:00 this morning.  Add to that a new tractor driver to train and I should be catatonic by noon!  Some days I don't get lunch ... but THIS day it will be required to keep my sanity.  


If you happen to be out in the goat barn, you can also have your picture taken with the witch who turned my prince into a frog.  This caused quite the stir last year when a kid stuck his entire head THROUGH the hole in the frog and got stuck.  Oh yeah, that was a fun one, trying to get him unstuck.  Soap finally did the trick, whereupon we made the hole MUCH larger!


Here's the best news of the day.  My new tool box came in.  I can't wait to screw it down and fill it up!!


Total miles walked:  48.39


10 comments:

  1. Love the goats. Our next door neighbors raise and show goats. They are sweet. Didn't know about the teeth. Hope you enjoyed your day.🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbor also raises show goats! How funny. They really are sweet creatures.

      Delete
  2. Word of caution when you screwing it down make sure you have nothing underneath the screw to puncture something else under it … I know a guy that did that and put it right into his gas tank trust me that was fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow .... thanks Ed. I never would have imagined that. I'll make sure I check first.

      Delete
  3. Love love love the goats! they are so cute, it would be nice if we could sleep standing up and still look like we're awake. :)
    congrats on the new tool box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the sweetest? I think I've fallen asleep on the job a couple of times! LOL

      Delete
  4. Hopefully the schools make the kids have closed toe shoes...that would be one less worry for you. Nice job on the tool box, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... and the tool box is BIG!! Yup the schools do a much better job than the parents!!

      Delete
  5. We like goats as long as they are someone else's goat and we do not have our vehicle within 5 miles. They always seem to pick our vehicle to climb on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny!!! They certainly do like to climb and these are no exception!!

      Delete