Wednesday, October 6, 2021

BINGO!!!!

 Are you ready for some BINGO?  I wasn't.  I would rather have stayed home on the couch, but off I sauntered to the land of gambling.  It started out great .... happy peasants ..... until nine won the first pot.  That's VERY unusual.  What it probably means is that the previous volunteer helpers used the boxes of cards out of order.  What that meant was a grand total of $21 each was paid out.  Not a good investment on their $40-$60 cost.  Oh the moans and groans!


The peasants were not happy with the King, and that brought out the cranky.  When I gave one lady her total, she proceeded to give me a piece of her mind.  I overcharged her she stated ... LAST week.  I told her if she had her receipt, I'd be happy to show her I did not.  

We went round and round until she finally left the table with $57 worth of tickets.  She said last week for the exact same thing, I charged her $63.  They do like being loud before finally mumbling off into the dungeon.  In thirty minutes she came back, stating she didn't get the Double Action cards in her pack.  I checked her new receipt where none were found.  That will be $6 please.  Guess what ... 57 + 6 = 63.  Yup ... it happens almost every single week.

The night went on rather quickly for once, with one guy winning even before any numbers were called.  There's a game called Bonanza.  The machine automatically pulls up numbers which you get for free.  When the game comes around, the caller only calls a few before someone wins.  I don't think this has ever happened before.  He had all the numbers before the game started.  Everyone gave him a standing ovation.  Then they ran over to touch his shoulder for good luck.  I kid you not!  

There were lots of boos and hisses from pots that were shared to the tune of $40 each, but overall no fighting or food throwing.  I'm hoping we got all those mixed up boxes out of our system.  Yay for not having to call the police!

On another note ... remember that cauliflower chili verde bowl from Costco?  It doesn't resemble this by even the tiniest bit ... well maybe the corn ... but it's REALLY good ... chili verde tasty.  Not only do you not taste the cauliflower, you really can't even SEE it ... there's hardly any at all.  It's all pork!!  Yummy!!


Lastly before I hit the couch for a quick snooze pre-pumpkin-patch, here's how to make that wreath.  It's wired nylon ribbon, three pieces cut to 12" long and zip-tied together.  I bet there was a man involved in the construction.  


Those are tied to a rolled bundle with pipe cleaners, and all of that tied to a wire frame.


The red and blue rolls of poly mesh ribbon look to be 10-12 inches wide with lengths of probably 12 inches, rolled with the wire edge on the outside, then tied to the bottom of the blue/white bundle.


All that is then wired to the frame.  There are about six bundles of red and white, along with three bundles of blue and white.  There may be a couple of extra rolled bundles, I can't quite tell.  The wire frame is 14".  


And there you have it ... instant wreath!  Maybe after I heal up in December, I'll make one for Christmas.


As for now, I'm headed back to the couch ... or maybe even the bed ... to gather up strength for my noon to 7:30 shift.  This will be the first time I have to ask the kids to empty the trash.  I bet they are going to love THIS new twist!!


6 comments:

  1. People are amazing aren't they? At least they won something so their initial investment is less...geez. The wreath is beautiful! I would hate to see how mine would turn out so I'd be better off spending the $$ for it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part, I'm better off buying the wreath too. That sort of thing takes talent!!!

      Delete
  2. So let me see....10 people winning $20 each equals 10 mad winners, 1 person winning $200 equals 1 happy winner and 9 happy losers??? Only BINGO folks can make sense of that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup you got it right Dave!! But they will win NEXT time! LOL

      Delete
  3. Dave's comment....lol. I'm with Shirley. I would have to buy one. Elva

    ReplyDelete