Sunday, June 28, 2020

MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE!!

You are NOT going to believe this!!  I'm exhausted and feel like someone beat me with a stick and it's only 5:00.

So ... I guess you can figure out what happened.  That DAMN SKUNK, who is now known by more bad words than you can possibly imagine, came back in my yard this morning.  I went outside first, clapping my hands and stamping my feet just to be sure he had not come back.

Boy was I wrong!!!  He was hiding behind a rose bush and the dogs went right for him.  I screamed at the top of my lungs when Cooper went nose to nose.  That set off a huge crashing next door in the goat pen.

Just as Jessie got there, he turned around.  It's still very dark mind you.  I screamed at the top of my lungs again and again!!!   TOO LATE!!
Luckily Cooper did NOT get hit.  Jessie of course took one in the face.  OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

I grabbed the dogs and threw them in the house.  That was a mistake.  You know how it was supposed to be so cool this morning?  I had my big AC fan on to pull in all that beautiful cool air.  It pulled in all that lovely SKUNK smell.  

I rushed back outside to make sure it was gone and it just stared at me, even took several steps TOWARDS me!!  I grabbed my heaviest shovel and threw it at him before running back in the house.  DOUBLE TRIPLE QUADRUPLE RATS!!!!!

OH NO!!!  Lots of capital words in this blog, but at least I'm keeping the language clean.  I grabbed my biggest can of tomato puree and threw Miss Jessie in the guest bathtub.  I smothered her in red, rubbing it in real good before bringing out the baby shampoo.  It actually worked pretty good, but she'll get another bath in about 30 minutes.  I didn't get it all off.

Now for the worst part of ALL!!!  My house smells like skunk.  I kid you not ... my ENTIRE HOUSE!!!  I'm devastated and completely defeated.  I quickly changed out all the filters and sprayed everything with Fabreeze.  It's going to take YEARS for this smell to go away, not to mention I have some appointments tomorrow AND I'M GOING TO SMELL LIKE SKUNK!!!!!
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  I've opened all the windows I can and turned on both fans in the hopes of getting rid of SOME of it.  I just have a bad feeling it's in the air ducts now and I'm doomed.  Can I get a do-over please?

In the meantime, I opened my big back yard gate in the hope he wanders off.  That means I can't let the dogs out without leashes.  This is NOT my day.  I'm going to go now because I'm going to cry!!!






14 comments:

  1. Had to deal with the In-Law's Dog getting sprayed but in the Winter. Poor dog was freezing but wasn't let in the house until she was cleaned off with the Tomato Juice outside. Once she was rinsed off and wrapped in a towel did she get into the warmth. The towel got tossed.
    You might have to hire someone to and relocate the skunk. Just be certain they are not releasing it around the corner for repeat business.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s awful. Smell is slowly going away but dog got 4 baths!!!

      Delete
  2. One Shotgun, two shells since you will be shooting through tears. So sorry to hear, but smell will go away with a little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a dog that got sprayed by a skunk and we didn't realize it until she was already in the house! It takes a while but the smell does eventually go away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so Jeanette!! Right now, EVERYTHING smells like skunk!!

      Delete
  4. OMG even though we're laughing at the way you write...how horrible! Hopefully you've gotten rid of the smell by now! Hopefully you won't be smelling like a skunk tomorrow. I hope he leaves for good, they are nasty little creatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah .... well ..... that skunk smell is made to stick around I guess.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to here, vets have something that takes the smell off the dog, it might work on you also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll call my Vet today. This stuff is awful!!!!!

      Delete
  6. Horrible. Hope the smell goes away soon. Keep the air freshner nearby for now. I'm glad Miss Jessie is okay. Yuma got skunked going into a drain pipe after one the first year he came home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh poor Yuma!!!! I think the skunks live in the drain pipes around here. They are bad news!!

      Delete