Friday, June 12, 2020

All Stitched Up ...

Amazingly, that's not me, but my quilt that's all stitched up.  Often there is an accident or two and it's ME that needs stitching.  I really do try to be extra careful around sharp things.

While the world is going absolutely cra-cra, I've been locked up in my sewing room trying to ignore most of it.  Renaming the military bases?  That's as bad as tearing down all those beautiful statues that remind us of the historical accounts of this country.  Erasing history isn't going to change a thing.

I AM glad I don't live in Washington State.  I contemplated that a few times, but with the weather and the pending doom of the biggest earthquake in history, I decided I'd be better off burning up in the desert.  That's certainly better than the Mayor of Seattle ceding an autonomous zone to protestors, giving them free food with no police presence while they vandalized nearly stores.   Who is paying for the damage there?

So I've been sticking my head in a big pile of fabric and sewing.  My biggest protest so far has been to hit the Save Mart grocery store.  I'm sad to say things are still not back to normal.  Seriously, everyone must be on unemployment ... can't blame them with the bucks they are making.  Sugar, flour, any kind of disinfectant product and toilet paper are still in short supply here.  My groceries came to $174.00.  Almost everything in the store has been upped in price by $1.00 EACH.  Avocados-$1.99 each.   Nuts that were $9, now $10.

I admit, I did stock up on laundry and dish detergent, only because I had coupons.  I figured it would at least give me something to do as I rearranged my entire laundry room full of junk.  Truthfully, it's a junk room with a washer and dryer thrown in.  How exciting to have a goal in mind for two hours!!

I spent the rest of the day working on this quilt.  It looks a little better from far away.  Each of those triangles is made up of ten pieces sewn together.  It's WAY too busy for my eyes!!  At any rate, that makes SIX stacked up for the quilter in Arizona.  I'm going to be bankrupt just paying for quilting.
Just for kicks, and to prove I really am going nuts, check out this kid on Facebook.  This is Pluto who has a little different outlook on life.  I think he is a she, but who could tell from the name.  He gets his words confused here and there, says to Googily things and talks about his mom using his clippers to shave her legs during her lockdown.  Wiki-licki-pedia is another of his favorites.
In between all the excitement, I've been going on-line (on my phone since my internet connection only works at 4:00 in the morning) and taking test after test.  Not about what animal I really am or what my names means in Swahili, but DMV driving tests.  I'm trying to get a head start on the test I have to take July 1st.

In California now, there are TWO driver's license classifications.  The REAL ID allows you to purchase ammunition and fly.  The regular driver's license allows ANYONE, illegal or not, to drive in California.  Too bad it doesn't require them to provide insurance too.

At any rate, I've passed all the tests, about 30 questions each, with only missing three at the most.  Believe it or not, I've had my driver's license renew by mail since I was 16 years old.  So ... at what age can you leave your kid in the car alone?  Anyone?  Yeah, I missed that one too.  It's six.  Now I know!!

Before starting another quilt, I need to find my social security card, two pieces of paper that show my social security card number, at least three bills that show my street address and my name, along with my passport and for good measure, my birth certificate.  I'm not kidding.  Just to get a driver's license.  I heard they were also asking for marriage licenses and divorce certificates.  I REALLY hoping I don't have to go there!!




18 comments:

  1. Like the design on your quilt. It's beautiful.
    Some places really go overboard about what information they want. Some of it is none of their business.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love finishing up a quilt ... I get to start another one!

      Delete
  2. Bought 4 Avocados for $5 two weeks ago, just used the last one a couple of days ago. Not sure if they were California Avocados (which is largest producer in US) or Mexican Avocados (which is largest producing country), but WAY under $1.99 each!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how much the price of food has gone up and no one mentions it in the news at all.

      Delete
  3. Wow that's horrible about grocery prices. I have noticed some things are more expensive at Wal Mart but not too bad yet. We plan on getting the REAL ID but now that it's been extended until 2021 we'll wait, as it will take me that long to get it all together! LOL. I wouldn't have known that about kids either! Your quilt is beautiful, you have a lot of patience there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm playing the shuffle game between California and Arizona so I think the REAL ID would be better for the time being. It's funny they make the CITIZENS jump through the hoop and the illegals have to do nothing!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilt,yet again. You haven't produced a bad one, just so you know! haha
    Prices are nuts but I actually went to a different grocery store this morning and got some good pricing. A break there!
    All that just for a driver's license? Is that new or has it always required so much information? Ours is pretty easy - so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's new. Since California has decided to give a driver's license to any illegal who asks, they now make their REAL citizens jump through hoops to get a drivers license or we can't fly anywhere or buy ammunition. Any way to keep track of who's buying bullets.

      Delete
  5. So, are you going for the CA version of Real ID? The one with the picture of a bear's rear end with a big yellow star on it? What a joke CA is any more. By the way, the feds had to postpone the date you need one of these to fly. It was Oct 20th, I think, but now is indefinite. Nobody flying anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup that's the one .... bear butt!!! It's too funny. They extended it but I can't wait. Once I acquire said bear butt, I'll explain. LOL

      Delete
  6. Yes. Grocery prices are rising all the time. Now that you can actually get a pick up time at Walmart, I'm back to online ordering. I don't know if you know this but whatever paperwork DMV requires for the Real ID, they make copies of that paperwork. I wasn't expecting that. Do you need the Real ID since you have a passport?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup .... cannot buy ammunition or fly from California unless you have a REAL ID. In my area, Walmart's on-line service in so limited in items that I still have to go to the store.

      Delete
  7. If your name changed you have to have marriage certificate,registered one,took me 3 trips to get it all right. Such a pain. Husband got a final notice to prove his home address after applying 2 years ago,and approved. Such a joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I may get caught up on that marriage certificate. I'm using my maiden name, so I'm going with that.

      Delete
  8. When we moved back to Minnesota the test was on a computer. As soon as I gave enough right answers to get a passing grade it stopped. So there were things I never had to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa ... that's good news Linda!! This test is supposed to be on a computer too ... we shall see.

      Delete
  9. That's why they make museum grade sticky glue that way when you have an earthquake nothing falls over.... wait a minute you're from California the shaky state Californians are smart enough to don't put anything fragile on the shelf
    Hang in there you might have waterfront property soon ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿป๐ŸŒ‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you, that show was scary. They have a way to scan the ocean floors now and it showed them exactly what they were up against. MUCH worse than they ever thought possible.

      Delete