Monday, June 22, 2020

It's ALL My Fault!!

Truly, it is NO wonder I can't shed a pound or two.  With nothing going on and that pesky mask situation, trying to stay busy always seems to involve cooking.  I do read books, but not for long.  That makes me feel like I need to get up and DO something.

Checking out my Facebook pages helps, but of course they ALWAYS involve food.  One is for decadent desserts, one is for KETO (dieting stuff) and to balance the two, Cowboys of Tombstone, usually involving Kurt Russell.  Can you blame me?

Yesterday I saw dozens of failed cheesecakes, from those that filled up with water to those that ended up on the floor.  Just why, escapes me.  So I drug out my Instant Pot.  My excuse is I had two boxes of cream cheese that were going to expire in three weeks.  I didn't want to take a chance.
This recipe comes from This Old Gal (fitting I thought) and involves everything I had in my cupboard, except the sour cream topping.  I am not a big fan of sour cream.  The only thing I could find was apricot jam.  I figured to give it a shot ....
I was pretty scared when I got up from my sewing table and realized instead of 18 minutes of pressure release time, it had received 66 minutes.  My shoulders slumped.  RATS!!  Another failure.  I carefully opened the pot, took the foil off and held my breath as I lifted it out.  I tried to convince myself it would be just fine.  

After two hours of sitting in the fridge (it really is better if you wait overnight), I slipped a knife around the sides and removed the ring.  YAHOO!!  I have cheesecake!!!  Lest you think I'm a glutton, this entire pie is only six inches around, making this slice very small.  Maybe only 600 calories versus 1500!!  No wonder I can't lose a pound .... it's all MY fault!!
Pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself.  This makes me feel much better about that disaster of a cake last week.  

My bike ride didn't work out yet again.  I've deposited that darn bicycle pump SOMEWHERE.  It definitely does not want to be found.  I think it may be hiding in the Arizona garage.  Instead, I started calling all FMCA members regarding our rally in Indio that the club has done for 30 years.  

Yes ..... 30 years in Indio, 30 years of the same ole same ole.  Same vendors, same gatherings about the same topics and the same nothing-to-do in Indio.  The only thing not the same is the price, which has gone from about $125 to $400 in the last few years.  Electricity is going up yet again.  I hate to bail on them, but at this point our club has to subsidize people to get them to show up.  I'll let you know what happens.

In other exciting news, I've now had to purchase another seam ripper.  Honestly, I've NEVER ripped out so many seams before, making my little ripper dull as a knife cutting rocks.  The directions aren't that great and it seems I have several directional fabrics, making it even worse.  By the way, I did NOT pick these colors.  It was a kit.  Pretty cute in baby crib size.  
I have another appointment this morning, not giving me enough time to eat that piece of cheesecake calling my name.  Thank goodness for small favors.  This time it's the GLASSES part of the eye appointment.  Hopefully I can get it filled before heading back to Tucson.  That's not going to happen, but at least I will have my little piece of paper in hand.  

I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day!!




6 comments:

  1. You are too funny! No wonder we love starting our day reading your blog! Kurt Russell! My heart throb as a teenager and now too...along with Sam Elliott! The cheesecake looks awesome, breakfast with a nice cup of coffee YUM! The baby quilt is adorable, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be my sister from another mother. Sam Elliott .... oh yeah!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the cheesecake! Its the small wins that keep you coming back to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have the prescription in hand you could have it filled out at any Costco Sam's club or Walmart and have it shipped to Arizona location
    Or take it to Mexico
    I take it you like the Diary of a locavore
    A lot of the recipes are old New England the participants have an excellent Bio I'm glad I don't live near any one of those I'd be walking around like fat Albert but just to let you knowI can't be held responsible if you try any of the recipes this is a disclaimer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look like yummy recipes. I'm definitely going to try some.

      Delete