Saturday, June 27, 2020

Can You See Me Now?

I pretty much did nothing yesterday.  They have closed most everything down again so King Newsom can sell all those masks he purchased in China.  It's even looking like the Magic Kingdom of Bingo will have to wait another month or so.  The peasants are so sad.

I spent most of the day wandering in and out trying to get all my sprinklers working.  Same old problem.  Far away from the sprinkler, the grass is relatively green.  Right in FRONT of the sprinkler it is brown as can be in a half circle pattern.  I've pretty much given up on the front yard.  This week of 102-103 temperatures has it resembling a desert.

Finally I got the call.  My glasses were READY!  It's funny ... I've never EVER had to have a pair remade at my usual optometrist.  I don't know if it's the prescription or the glasses.  These are definitely better, although a tad hard to get used to, unlike my old ones that I just put on and they were perfect.  These will have to do since my Driver's License appointment is next Wednesday and I need to be able to see the eye chart, even if I do have it completely memorized.
So this is the only picture of me in a mask you will ever see.  Just for kicks, I put it on to TAKE a picture.  By the second breath, my glasses were completely fogged up and that strangling feeling came upon me in a flash.  I ripped it off so fast I took a big chunk of flesh out of my lip.  Now I look like someone popped me in the mouth.  I'll try again when they make it a Federal Law.  

In the meantime, I was thinking about how many things we touch.  At the grocery store, absolutely everything I buy has been touched by at least six people.  Let's start with the basket.  Okay, lets not.   The grocery bags are touched by at least two baggers, not to mention the credit card machine that they never wipe down, my truck door handle inside and out, the steering wheel, the door knob going into my house, the door knob when I shut the door, the dead bolt and the counter as you drop everything to put it away.  Maybe we should all be wearing GLOVES!!!
My only excitement of the day (besides panicking with the mask) was the delivery of this box.  Take a look.  It's a little worse for wear.  Does that not say FRAGILE on the box?  That red tag is on all four sides.  I figured I would find a big mess when I opened it.
Would I return it if there WAS a mess?  Probably not.  Anyway, lucky for me they were in good shape.  This kind of thing is not available around here.  I actually had to order it through Amazon from NEW YORK CITY, taking two whole weeks to get here.  At least now I can wash that super dirty smoker rack and my hands to boot.
I did a little Presidential stuff for the Golden Spike group.  Our ride on the Speeders out of Ione California has been put off until May of next year.  There's an uproar about the rumor that FMCA will cancel their new FMCA Assist Program.  If you have an emergency, they will get you and your rig home.  

The Governing Board voted to KEEP the program, in case you are signed up.  Actually, it comes free with your $75 a year dues.  That's pretty cheap insurance.  For awhile there, being locked down didn't bother people much, but the longer this goes on, the more antsy everyone is getting, just looking for something to complain about.  Me too!!!

At this point, the best thing I have to look forward to is 85 degrees tomorrow.  It's on the schedule to be 103 again today.  Hope springs eternal that 85 happens.  I may just go outside in the dark morning hours in my bikini and soak in the cold.  Can you see me now?  I hope not.  That's not a sight you want to see, thus the 4 am darkness!!




18 comments:

  1. Our area is just reopening but they are making it mandatory that Masks are worn. Hopefully that will help stave off the second wave. Cases in Arizona are skyrocketing.
    Make certain those glasses aren't harming your vision.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arizona is skyrocketing because they are letting farm workers across the border and began testing them. They have hundreds and hundreds of cases from Mexico which are counted, then they are sending them to hospitals in Tucson, Phoenix and Indio where they are counting them again. Even the hospital admitted it. I think it's just to scare everyone.

      Delete
  2. As for your mask it's the wrong kind if you wear glasses you need the ones with the wire in it that way you could pinch the wire
    Try sitting in your chair take your glasses off put your mascon that way you won't get claustrophobic
    As for the dish soap you should've told me BJ's just got it by the case I've got to packs sitting underneath my kitchen cabinet now
    We used to use the phone but the spray is 10 times better
    Take the glasses to your optometrist and have him tell you whether it's a good fit or a bad fit if you want to come over here you can play In the sandstorm with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I give up Mascom x mask
      Phone x foam
      That's what I get when I'm too lazy to type which is most of the time

      Delete
    2. This mask DOES have a metal piece that pinches the nose. I just didn't pinch it. It's not for me ... it's just for all those people that are so scared.

      Delete
  3. Yes...cooler today. I almost turned the heater on this morning, just to take the chill out. My glasses get fogged up too. It's annoying. Didn't know you could get masks with a wire. My mask is home made by a friend. Take care....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my sewing friends put pipe cleaners in the masks they made. This one I got at the grocery store.

      Delete
  4. We have had temps in the 90's in Oregon where we were dry camping. Made it almost unbearable to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my problem too. I can take the heat during the day, but I cannot sleep when it's hot. Hope it cools off for you soon.

      Delete
  5. It is 1:00 pm and already reached the high of 92...will it get hotter, I think so. Looking forward to tomorrow's 85 degrees, that is for sure. We were able to keep the AC off until noon today, that is a first since we arrived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I WAS looking forward to that 85 degrees. Wait until you read today's blog.

      Delete
  6. Sounds hot out there. Warm here too with lots of humidity. Love the mask 😷

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mask on mask off, glasses on, glasses off. Someone told me to wash your glasses in soapy water and they won't fog up. It worked for me since my masks are homemade and do not have wire either. If you pinch the wire around your nose, the breath can't get up to your eyes.
    That's hot, you and me both in our bikinis, hoping everyone is experiencing blurred vision! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can open the seam on the edge of the mask where your nose would be, and poke a twist tie in there and it will work. Of course you have to stitch back where you pulled out the threads. Masks are no fun. But since a person can't know when they're contagious, it can keep them from passing it on. And some people spread with no symptoms. I keep remembering those NBA players back in early March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you Judith. It actually does have wire, I just didn't pinch it down. I may need it today.

      Delete
  9. You look cute in the mask, good for a photo op, but that's about it . We will never truly know the "real" numbers for this whole thing! We've had 494 deaths and for that we shut down the state. 3/4 were people over 70 with underlying health condition or so they say. uh..We had 104 yesterday, cooler today at 90..we'll take it, but the wind is crazy.

    ReplyDelete