Friday, May 10, 2024

Oh Those Old Pictures

I am so very happy to hear that more than me enjoy their wine with ice.  I get the evil eye from my friend Mark who makes his own wine and LOVES the reds.  Mine has to be lightweight and sweet.  I don't buy much though because I forget to drink it and six months later I throw it out.  On to the blog.

I haven't given you many laughs lately, so today is the day.  Many moons ago when I was skinny as a rail from running, I took a photography class with a few of my friends at the local college.  We were required to do lots of weird stuff, including having more than one of you in the picture.

Yes ... this is my Yellow Corvette that I dearly loved.  She was fast as lightning and twice as pretty.  Alas, when I went crazy and bought an RV house to travel the roads, I needed a tow vehicle.  This did not quite fit the bill, so I regrettably sold it and bought my Jeep.  This shot was awarded a grade of Excellent.


If you weren't your own model, you were someone else's.  Here's the laugh of the day.  One of the guys wanted a picture of me on my Harley.  I agreed, but only if I didn't have to look mean.  Yeah, this looks pretty awful to me.  The Harley is gorgeous, as is the church ... but my face is another story.  He kept telling me not to laugh or smile.  I think this was maybe 12 years ago.  Surprisingly, he got an Excellent grade too.


Next up ... photograph the homeless.  That's a little more difficult because they don't really like you taking their picture.  So I talked my best friend into posing in this abandoned vegetable stand just down the road.  The garbage is actually hers that she was taking to the trash can when I called.  

If nothing else, photography can be hilarious and fun.  We always had a great time and laughed ourselves silly on these photo shoots.


And so it's time to prep the food for Mother's Day.  We will have pastries, fruit, scrambled eggs, Denver omelet eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, ham, sausage and waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.  Follow that up with my all time favorite ... COSTCO CAKES!  Hopefully it will only take two hours to get the prep work done.  

Sunday will be a long day of cooking from 6 am to 1pm.  I'm leaving the cleanup to someone else.

This last picture was also part of that photography class.  We had to find an old torn, dirty picture and bring it back to life by using Photoshop.  I had to laugh this time because even my Instructor didn't think this photo would turn out so well.  

That is my Grandmother in the white dress.  Her parents behind her were married AFTER he divorced his first wife.  Hard to believe they did that in the old days.  Seven kids were from the previous wife and five from his new wife, the last of which was my grandmother.  Hardy stock they were, dressed in their finest.  It was also funny that all the kids stayed with the father and were raised in Colorado.


And so I'm off down the well worn rutted wagon trail to the Elks Lodge.  





19 comments:

  1. Well that was fun! Great photos.
    Vavavoom, Nancy, you little sexy thing. 😊
    Nice bike, too..
    I hope today turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures Nancy! The Harley picture in front of
    Buhach church is great. I got married in that church. Lol
    Have a nice day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still have weddings and services there. It's a beautiful church!!

      Delete
  3. There were a couple of photo copies of my mom's family (her grandmother, etc) which I would have loved to do that with, but I needed access to the original photos, and no one knew where those existed. I sure liked that Biker Chick, she looks so familiar...showing a bit more than she ever does now, that's for sure! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... skinny definitely makes a difference!! LOL

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a fun class. I bet you learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a GREAT class ... I think I've forgotten a lot of it though.

      Delete
  5. My friend had a vette just like your!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a GREAT car. I loved driving it everywhere, especially over on the coast. The hardtop came off.

      Delete
  6. oops. Love the Harley also! Looking good lady!
    Fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures and very creative. Things digital allows you to do, that the old Darkroom didn't.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly true. I remember when digital first came out and we all said NO WAY!! Boy were we wrong!

      Delete
  8. I regret letting my last Vette go also. I had 4 of them and my kids grew up riding around in them. No seat belts and pumpkin seat just setting in the back. Makes you wonder how they made it. Still loves corvettes today. Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOUR!!! You were styling Becky. I've recently thought about getting another one, but the prices are pretty crazy.

      Delete
    2. I would like to have another too - Maybe a 2008 or 2010. We shall see. Yep corvettes and horses! Becky

      Delete