Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Cancelled

This is the reason I get up every morning.  This face gets two inches from mine, telling me he has to go outside.  He's the best alarm clock I have ever had.  That is followed by a few treats to start his day on a good note. 


THEN ... he goes into watch pup mode.  No matter where I am, he's less than 6 feet away, making sure his Treat-Momma is safe.


That may come in handy in the near future.  I think I mentioned my gardener before last who didn't speak much English.  I did my usual bill-pay online with my bank.  In ten years of doing this, I have never EVER had a check disappear or not be mailed.  

I was even silly enough to send him an extra $30 because I cancelled the service.  I've no idea where Luis Tafolla is, since I haven't heard from him in over a month, nor have I been able to contact him by phone.  I figured jail.  I called my neighbor (who used him also) for a phone number.  She gave me three of them.  Apparently the one I called is his BROTHER Maurice (here visiting from Texas).  

He keeps sending me text messages saying he did not get the check and he wants it now.  This was the last session of texting, which I'm posting here .... just in case.  The previous set of messages was rather threatening.  You just never know about these guys.  Is he trying to dun me for more money or did they really not get it?  The bank says it was cashed.  Today I'll stop in and see if I can get a copy of the check.  SO much fun working with these guys.  At least God knows I paid them.


And then there was THIS, not far from my house on Highway 99.  Please PLEASE quit driving so fast.  This was a speed-caused accident between this guy and a big truck.  It shut down the freeway for half the day.  Thankfully no one was badly injured, but someone is going to lose a lot of money on this one.


I spent most of the day sewing while the banging went on extra loud next door.  Remember it rained for almost 6 hours steady, and now the builders are trying to put everything back together.  I watched for awhile as I laid out in the warm sun.  

They were using sledge hammers to try and get the walls lined back up, followed by lots of wedges and nail guns.  They nailed plywood on the sides, then cut the tops off to fit.  Not sure I would want to be the new owner.  I'm wondering what's going to happen when it all dries out.  

Dinner was pretty exciting ... until I read the name Banquet.  It happens this was on sale at Walmart for $2.99.  So much better than the $7.99 for everything else.  I should have known better.  It looks pretty tasty, yes??


Well here you go!!!  Wasn't Banquet the first to come out with frozen meals a hundred years ago?  I think I remember eating one or two when I was in high school.  Truly, it looks like someone already ate it.  Even "I" can cook better than this!!  

I choked down two chicken pieces, covered in something white-ish before dumping it in the trash.  This is a travesty!!!  I had toast for dinner.


Here's the latest picture of the latest quilt.  Those two squares have now been finished and I'm sewing the rows together.  It took several hours to put them in some kind of order.  No matter how I did it, it wasn't my favorite.  The dark brown fabric is too dark.  C'est la vie.  This is the best I could come up with.  You just never know until you have it cut, sewed and hanging on the wall.


Oh yeah ... my safety inspection (including lunch) was cancelled.  It's the life of a farmer trustee.  I told him he owed me big time since I was actually on my way out the door when he called.  Thus the do-nothing day.

Today will be so much more exciting ..... it's time for BINGO!!!!!  I think ... it is Tuesday, yes??




21 comments:

  1. Of all of life's challenges, the last thing you need is another with a guy who says he never received his check. Me thinks he is just trying to get more money out of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking the same thing. These gardeners ... fly-by-night guys who do a terrible job, then demand more money. SO frustrating!

      Delete
  2. Nancy your quilt looks great and you have put a lot of work into it. But all quilts take a lot of work.
    I agree with Jim.....the check was cashed.
    Put your big smile on again tonight at Bingo.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue ... I love the pattern of that quilt. Big smile it is!!!

      Delete
  3. That quilt is beautiful!
    You amaze me with your talents every blog!

    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't know about talents .... LOL. That quilt pattern is a keeper!

      Delete
  4. You know me...give me a challenge and I will look it up....

    TV dinners didn’t truly catch on until Swanson entered the market. Swanson was undeniably the first company to coin the term “TV dinner” and successfully market the product to consumers. Swanson’s TV dinners launched in 1954, and by the end of that year, Swanson had sold ten million trays. As women began entering the workforce in greater numbers, there was a growing need for prepared meals. Along with Swanson, other companies like Banquet Foods and Morton Frozen Foods began offering their own frozen dinners. And indeed, middle-class households across America embraced the product. As women began entering the workforce in greater numbers, there was a growing need for prepared meals. Along with Swanson, other companies like Banquet Foods and Morton Frozen Foods began offering their own frozen dinners. And indeed, middle-class households across America embraced the product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave.. you could actually find the old commercials on YouTube remember the TV commercials with the woman, putting it in front of her husband, and she has an apron on. 1954 that’s when women probably started deceiving there man.
      . Swanson really hasn’t come all that way forward. Since 1954 it taste like a brick back then and it still does today the only difference is they went from an aluminum tray to a microwave paper tray, and I’m willing to bet they must still have the same cooks

      Delete
    2. That's it .... Swanson!!! They were all so terrible, but a very fast dinner! Most of them are STILL terrible.

      Delete
  5. Mr. Ed said. are you sure it’s not Delhi India ……..You should have sent the check signature required. There are 24 named people living at that address. and if it’s been cashed, it’s not your problem anymore. but if you really want to check … somebody had to sign it. And cash it Your bank will have a copy of the checks signature in if they cashed it at a grocery store, it might even have to person’s ID number with that be good for a laugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dave, care to go back and show our age.. found a new old ad for Swanson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0znU09XTKs

      Delete
    2. That's what I did ... requested a copy of the check. Hopefully that solves the problem.

      Delete
  6. Nancy, try Marie Ca llendar frozen chicken pot pie, soooo good. Do not look at the calories, just treat yourself! Buy in quanities of ONE! Trust me on this :) Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE those Dee! No kidding ... they figured out how to do it tastefully!! Buying only one ... great idea!!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous. Next time you’re out try KFC,s chicken pot pie even 👍better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will have to check it out! Save up calories for one first haha.

      Delete
    2. I heard of that, but haven't tried it yet. The secret is don't look at the calorie count! I just happen to have a KFC not far away!

      Delete
  8. The quilt looks good, I have never paid anyone with a cheque it isn't a thing down here, we have what is called BPay, also have something called Osko and there is pay anyone all done through a banking app. All bills in Australia have a Bpay code for you to pay online.
    Driving too fast causes accidents which can cause a right mess to clean up not to mention injuries and death so people should just slow the hell down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No checks .... that's interesting! That's the problem though ... I paid with a BillPay app from my bank ... and now can't get any information from them.

      Delete
  9. Interesting how you send cheques. We still have some from years ago but I don't remember the last time I sent one.
    The quilt is beautiful and it will suit the right home quite nicely. you're too hard on yourself. Have fun at Bingo!
    PS - Cooper needs a hug from Auntie Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Cooper does need a hug! Patsy can make it all better!! LOL. This was a check from a Bill Pay account with my bank. I rarely ever use checks any more. More on that today.

      Delete