Saturday, October 7, 2023

The Bride Of Chucky?

 Have you ever thought your house might be haunted?  Or maybe it isn't the house, but something IN the house!  It was that kind of a day, as I tried to hang one of my big quilt holders on the wall.  I failed.  Those tiny little picture frame holders just didn't want to go over the big screws required to keep it on the wall.  

Maybe I could try to hang something smaller.  I never really noticed before, but this house has almost NO wall space for displaying things.  It doesn't help that quilts aren't exactly small either.  I took down the fancy flower holder and replaced it with this little quilt.  No quilt hanger, I just nailed it to the wall.  It was quilted by someone else and didn't exactly come out straight, soooo nails worked perfectly.


Along with all the house paperwork and problems, the RV Group continues to pester me.  You've heard about how I was unsuspectingly made President.  When covid came along, the club basically died out.  No one wanted to do anything, and I'm determined not to do it all.

But wait .... someone stepped up and is planning a rally in Arizona in November.  Along came 23 emails I had to sort through, when I realized it's near the end of the year and dues will be required.  So as President, I have to send out all the notices, and as Treasurer (because no one else would do it), I have to make the deposits.  Big sigh!

And so I was off to Bank of America.  The nice lady said I would have to wait three days for an appointment to go over some stuff.  What?  You only have one "representative"?  We sorted through everything I needed and were actually able to do it all on my phone.  Cool ... I never have to step foot in that bank again!!  It's never been my favorite anyway.

Next I was off to donate three big bags of clothing, a bag of shoes and three boxes of cookbooks.  While driving down the creepy litter strewn alley where several homeless people live, trying to get OUT of the complex, I remembered Bagel Tyme from my much younger years.  I was surprised it was still there.  How about lunch!

I do love bagels for breakfast, but discovered they aren't my favorite for lunch.  This was chicken salad, tomatoes, red onions, cheese and lettuce on a hard-as-a-rock onion bagel.


Have you ever bitten into a bagel sandwich before?  Half of the filling squeezed out and landed in my lap.  Silly me ... instead of letting it fall to the floor, I threw my knees together to catch it.  It was instinct I guess.  Oh yeah ... chicken and mayo dripping down my legs.  I learned my lesson.  Do NOT order bagel sandwiches.


As I sat watching more rodeo in the afternoon, I kept hearing a clinking noise.  Very distant and very quiet.  Have you ever tried to find THAT noise?  I finally followed it to the china cabinet.  Maybe it's my grandmother Grace.  She may not be happy that I'm moving things around.  These are her salt and pepper shakers.  They are very tiny, barely two inches tall.  It looks to me like the salt shaker on the left wasn't dispensing enough, so they tried to make the holes bigger.  

I moved them apart a little, and moved most everything else in that cabinet just a bit to make sure they were level.  The noise stopped.  Probably just the vibration from the television speakers in the wall, right?  Or maybe not.


I'm pretty sure THIS is the culprit.  I mean really ... just look at those eyes!!!  This is another of my grandmothers dolls.  She's about 6" tall, is made of porcelain and has real hair.  This must be the Bride of Chucky!!  HER baby dolls eyes don't look much better.  She is also made of porcelain, and they both have their original clothing.  


Okay ... enough with the ghostly stuff.  Cooper and I went to bed and tried to fall asleep.  It wasn't happening.  Why is it when you get older, you can't sleep?  I finally dozed off.

That's when I heard it.  It woke me up.  It sounded like some creepy creature crying, kind of squeaky like. What the heck?  Oh ... it must be Cooper's stomach.  He gets the growlies occasionally.  Nope ... not Cooper.  Now I was wide awake.  WHAT is making that noise?  It got louder and I began to get a little worried.  It was at the foot of my BED!!!!!  Maybe a frog got in under the door.  By now I'm completely creeped out, so I jumped out of bed.  

The noise followed me!!!!!!  Oh good grief Nancy ..... it's YOUR stomach making all those squeaky growlie sounds!!!  I was sure the Bride of Chucky was striking again, but it must have been the bagel!!  I was wide awake the rest of the night.


Apparently I need to quit watching those ghost stories and never eat another bagel sandwich!!  I'm off to the lovely world of Costco today.  Cooper and I are both out of roast chicken!!!



12 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than not being able to sleep!
    Maybe you can catch a cat nap during the day.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Frances ... it makes you feel lousy all day.

      Delete
  2. Have never eaten in my car~too messy! Thinking houses are storage units for our stuff. Too much stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a true statement ... too messy!!! As for the storage unit ... also true, which is why I'm trying to lessen the load!

      Delete
  3. We served a nutty chicken salad on a Croissant in the restaurant (sliced almonds, chicken cut into square size, mayo, pepper, other spices all mixed up) with lettuce and tomato slice ... people spilled it on themselves all the time. Veterans (people who at the restaurant often) learned to cut it up and eat it with a fork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?? Use a fork? Okay, that sounds like a very smart idea.

      Delete
  4. OH ~ that chicken salad sounds good! Yes to eating with a fork or lean over the plate and eat, similar to a taco, so any extra falls onto the plate! Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chicken salad ... even if it's Costco canned chicken.

      Delete
  5. We use Wells Fargo and they make you set up an appointment to see anyone there as well. What ever happened to walking into a bank and seeing someone? I thought they wanted our business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is our 1st mistake, assuming they WANT our business. They really on want our MONEY, saying don't bother me with details or personal problems.
      "Customer service" is a relic of the past.
      One has to be a "Grumpy Old Man" now adays to get want you want. I spent 35 mins onhold and talking to a service rep, who transfered me 2 times, from a Credit Bureau.

      Delete
    2. Yup ... Norm is right. Banks only want our money. Two people came in behind me to make appointments and they shuffled them off to the ATM machine. Said you should be doing everything yourself.

      Delete
    3. Years ago when the ranch sold, B of A solicited me to open an account with them. They gave me a representative who was at my beck and call. I walked in the door, she came running out to see what I needed. I think there were four reps present at all times to help people. Now there's one for the entire town???

      Delete