Saturday, October 21, 2023

I'm Counting Chickens!

 One egg ... two eggs ... three eggs.  I'm counting my chickens and the eggs they laid in my little nest.  I was totally surprised there was no big snafu to delay my gratification.  It won't all remain mine, since the government has decided they want to make the world's biggest omelet from my egg stash.  Just the thought of that makes my blood pressure go through the roof.

 Still ... I made a tidy profit.  It was the perfect time to sell, so I consider myself extremely lucky.

Here's how yesterday went.  Can you see me now?  Can you even HEAR me over all this furniture stacked to the ceiling?  

The carpet crew arrived right on time and began moving the furniture out of the bedroom.  All the carpet in this house is 20 years old and looks like it lived on a ranch all of its life.  I was always taught to get DARK carpet so the dirt wouldn't show.  This entire house has WHITE carpet.


So what did I do?  I bought the same off-white carpet!!!  It's okay, I'm building a fence around it so you can't enter unless you have SOCKS on.  I'll keep a supply by the door in case you forget yours.

Bye bye dirt and dog hair!!  Yes I did look into tile for this space.  It was my preference since I replaced the carpet in the dining room with easily cleanable tile squares.  The problem was they make nothing nowadays that would even begin to match.  That room is completely open to this one, so it would have looked funny to have two completely different tile floors.


Hello new padding.  Gosh, it's not even the crazy patterned turquoise foam stuff.  


TA DA!!!!  I bet you thought it was going to be green shag!!  I've never had patterned carpet in my life, but this stuff is beautiful!  Finally my longarm is in it's new home, sitting there ready to be put back together.  


On to the guest bedroom.  I would have done my sewing room first, but there's no way I could move it all out of there, and no place to put it even if I could.  That's next on my list!  


Out with the old and in with the new.  Yup it's the same carpet, just a darker color.  This room was the killer.  It has a king sized bed that probably weighs in at around 400 pounds without the mattress.  No kidding ... it's crazy heavy wood furniture.  You know, the good stuff they used to make back in the day?  Definitely not the fake wood they use nowadays.  I thought the two guys were going to get a hernia when they picked up the 6' long dresser!


At last, they put all the furniture back for me, even putting the bed back together.  NOW I can start putting stuff away and rearrange the furniture in the whorehouse waiting room ... ahem, I mean the dining room turned living room.  It goes well with those ox blood red walls, yes??  I actually do like that color, but boy is it tough to work with.  Every time you touch it, you make a mark that won't come off.


Now I just need to figure out how to move the chandelier up a couple of feet.  Anyone taller than me that walks under it is going to get a headache!!

One day at a time Nancy ... one day at a time.  There's still furniture to be moved, stuff to go out to the garage and junk to haul off.  THEN maybe I can start going through every closet and getting rid of MORE  stuff I just thought I HAD TO HAVE.  

In the meantime, the Golden Spike RV group is trying to make a comeback.  So there's that!!!





17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it cool Jan?? And it's all thanks to you! I still have more to do, but it's getting there!

      Delete
  2. Hey, that room with the red chairs looks fit for a king, or queen.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They built beautiful furniture in the old days!!

      Delete
  3. Mr. Ed said… Hey Bob, I think a funeral parlor Comes to mind
    Miss Nancy. Think Japanese tradition take your shoes off before you go in the house.. you make it a habit.. it’ll work.
    You could do the same thing with the bed. Remember they sleep on the floor on a roll up mattress… come to think of it you have experience in that department. Only you forgot the mattress pad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right ... no shoes!!! And no sleeping on the floor ... I'd need more than a roll up mattress pad!!

      Delete
  4. Nancy!
    Your new carpet looks fabulous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances! It's definitely different since I've never had anything but shag carpet!

      Delete
  5. Love the new carpet design. We have hardwoods but white carpet in our bedrooms, don't know what I was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. You are making great progress 👏.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll feel better when the longarm is set up and running.

      Delete
  7. Everything you've done so far looks awesome! Congrats on the finalization. What a great feeling. Love your cow hide on the floor, we saw it on the Tuscon wall (I think). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you did see it on the wall. Cowhides are versatile! LOL

      Delete
  8. Good job Nancy, looks real good. Glad your Arizona house ordeal is over...not much fun in paying those taxes though. Our condo was a rental for us too until we moved in...had to live there for 2 or 3 years to make it a non-rental in the IRS's eyes...we are way past that time period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could go for a condo. Much less maintenance!!

      Delete