Friday, October 27, 2023

Can You Hear Me Now?

 Brrrrrrrrr ... seems I got those solar panels cleaned at just the right time.  It's a chilly 43 degrees this morning, heading on down to 39 real soon.  Oh yeah, I already have my electric blanket ensconced on the bed.  Cooper needs the warm, don't you know.

First off ... a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to someone who lives in Arizona close to my old house.  I won't name names ... you know who you are.  Have a big bowl of ice cream for me!!!!

It was a rather slow day ... it's the only Thursday of the month that I don't have an Elks Meeting.  I was just relaxing on the couch with that second cup of coffee, when I got extremely frustrated.  You all know I'm cheap.  My phone is a very old iPhone 6s from 2015.  That's a dinosaur when it comes to electronics.

Even though I updated it constantly, it's still a dinosaur and doesn't play well with the current apps I have on it.  I would type in three letters, then have to wait for them to show up on the screen before typing in three more.  Sometimes the hesitation was several seconds long.  

So get a new phone Nancy.  Except that always involves getting a new PLAN so they can abscond with more moola from your bank account.  Not to mention, it seems the people who work there never tell you the truth.  It's SO frustrating! 

Buck up girl ... it's going to cost you more, but you really HAVE to have a new phone.  So off I went to the local store where I met Diego.  If only I was 50 years younger!!

Here she is ... my new iPhone 14 Pro.  After discussing all the models and what I would use it for, this was his suggestion.  Why not the latest and greatest iPhone 15?  Because they basically didn't change anything on the 15 but the camera (and not much at that) and the price, according to Diego.  So here she is ... meet my new phone.  Can you hear me now on this fabulous 5 G network?  

I admit, I'm a phone person.  I do absolutely everything on my phone.  The good news is this one, although it has newer faster options, basically works the same as my old one.  That meant it took no time at all to get acquainted.  The problem was getting everything from my OLD phone to the NEW.  I had to pay $1 to get iCloud space (I hate iCloud) to upload all my old data, then download it to this new phone.  

We sat and talked for 30 minutes while he showed me all the pictures he took at the ocean with his iPhone 15.  Wow ... this camera is epic!!

That ring thing?  That's magnetic.  You can place the charger anywhere, even in your car, and the phone will stick to it and charge.  That's a nice feature.  Of course everything costs, right?  In the end, I got the phone for $800 (that gave me chills) and a new GUARANTEED unlimited data plan that will never be slowed down due to the amount of data I use.  Yahoo!!!  That of course remains to be seen.  

You aren't going to believe this .... it costs $20 LESS a month than my old plan that limited the data use. Crazy, right?  I don't know ... I find it hard to believe, but I guess I'll find out.

This is the first picture of Mr. Cooper begging for more treats, which opened another whole can of worms.  I had to put in every password to every email account and game on the phone.  Who knows those???  I thought I had them written down ... but NOOOOO.  So guess what I'll be doing today?  


Actually I'll be spending literally the entire day at the funeral of Frank Peredes.  His Apache name is Red Feather.  Oh the things he saw in his 103 year life.  Rest In Peace Frank ... we miss you.


Next up .... trying to get internet at my house.  Won't THAT be fun!!



21 comments:

  1. If the carrier for your phone internet is Verizon, they have a VERY good home internet plan. I have used it for a couple of years with NO problems and unlimited usage, handy dandy for watching you tubes and Prime video. Worth checking out. You plug in this little 6 inch cube and when the light turns green, you are good to go.

    AT&T does not have this as far as I know. Verizon is a much better network than AT&T, and it works everywhere, even here in Mexico, where we are on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that one. I have an AT&T phone and a Verizon Jetpack. I will definitely check it out. Thank you so much for the info!!

      Delete
  2. Nice phone! The picture of Cooper is adorable.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a good puppy. So far I love the phone.

      Delete
  3. R.I.P. Red Feather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl .. It's so nice to have a phone that works!

      Delete
  5. Getting a new phone ranks right up there with buying a car. Things I hate and wish I never had to deal with again. Sounds like your experience went pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. There are always hiccups, and this time is no exception, but at least I didn't have to completely relearn the phone!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Deb ... he would appreciate all the nice thoughts from everyone.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! That's a great picture of Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sisters both upgraded their phones a couple of weeks ago...they share a data plan and both love their new phones. One got a 15, the other a 14...or one a 13 and the other a 14...or...oh hell, I am just glad I have my flip phone so I don't have to worry about all this! lol I agree with your first poster today, Verizon does have a nice home version, and so does T-Mobile. -OR- you can go with Starlink and with the right plan, take it with you in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently have the Verizon jetpack, but I have the same problem as with the old phone ... it's just too old. I'll be investigating that soon,

      Delete
  9. Pretty phone - thought they discontinued in 2023? Guess not if you have one!! I've never had anything Apple.....Samsung all the way for me! Mr. Cooper is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They even still sell the 13's if you want one. Just goes to show they are all basically the same because they all still work just fine. The guy told me he did NOT get a 15 because basically the only change they made was the titanium case and a tad bit of an upgrade on the camera. Everything else is exactly the same.

      Delete
  10. Nice new phone. I was recently told by some cute little thing that my phone is to old and they do not carry a screen protector for it...lol I keep hoping it just keeps working. Cooper looks very cute waiting for his treats. RIP Red Feather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... that was the case with mine, but alas, it just got too frustrating to use!

      Delete
  11. So now that I uploaded my phone to the cloud and then downloaded the data, how can I erase everything in the cloud?

    ReplyDelete