Tuesday, October 3, 2023

I Got Rotated

 Sometimes you just need a little adjustment here and there.  I'm happy to report that my back is getting a little better each day.  It's not as sore (no stabbing knives) and I can do just about anything but lift.  NO lifting!!  Okay, you know that's a lie ... I've been lifting ... but VERY carefully, nothing heavy, and only turning with my feet, not my body.  I think it's all the exercises the Doc has me doing.

Still ... it's a little hard to drive.  Looking left requires the body turn that direction.  Turn my head you say?  Well ever since I was rear ended by a big van when I was stopped with my foot on the brake (at 17 years of age), that neck part hasn't worked all that well.  No worries, I'm being very careful! 


It's no surprise that I was out the door at 7:00 headed to Wallymart.  Beat the crowds of pajama/slipper wearers is the name of my game.  Seriously, the spiffy dressed men now outnumber the women.  

I've discovered something interesting about their self checkout here.  The machines are often wrong.  I just got 3 big bananas for Jonathan for .03.  Yup ... that's three cents.   Eggs were 18 for $3.00 ... but I think the price tag said 3.69.  Oh well!  And no, I don't show my receipt on the way out the door.  If they want to check it, they can check me out.  What a rebel I am!!

My next stop, I got rotated.  I have no idea how long you are supposed to go before doing this.  Is it years?  Miles?  I think these tires are two years old, so I figured it was time.  Schoettler Tire here is full of good looking men ... so what better place to go?  

They have been getting tires for me for beaucoup years, and their service is the best.  I drove up, said hello, they waved me in (to the right out of sight here) and had two guys on it in seconds.  All for free.  They checked the pressure and I was out the door in fifteen minutes.  

You never know who you will run into at the tire store.  The owner of that red truck said his dad told him NEVER to buy a red vehicle ... he would go to hell.  No kidding ... so he bought that pretty red Ford.  I didn't comment on the Ford part.


On the way back, I stopped in to have the air bags checked.  On my last trip home, one failed completely.  The guy did a quick check, but didn't find anything.  I now have an appointment to return tomorrow and find out what went wrong.  Hopefully not much so it doesn't cost me.  I know, wishful thinking!!

Next exciting stop ... the Post Office to mail a box.  You know how some old guy that doesn't speak very good English is right in front of you in line and has 25 transactions to make?  Every time the girl thought he was done, he asked for another money order.  He must be supporting several families somewhere!!

With eight people now in line, she finally called up another guy ... who I had seen peeking around the corner.  He was just standing there doing nothing!!  He could have VOLUNTEERED to come out and help!!  No surprise the tire shop has better service than the post office.

It wasn't even close to lunchtime, but I hit up Panda Express for lunch and dinner.  $11.00 gets me a big container, good for three meals ... maybe four.  This place also has great service.  You order, drive around and the food is waiting.  I don't know how they do it so fast, but I sure appreciate it.  


Back at the house with a now full stomach, I got yet another wagon load from the rig.  I finally found my small box of pots and baskets and put them in the china cabinet.  One of these days I'll post pictures of my grandmothers treasures that still reside here.  There are a couple of small porcelain dolls over 100 years old, along with some teeny tiny porcelain salt cellars from Japan.  Where the heck did she get those?


I'm still missing a big box of clay pots somewhere.  I suppose they will show up eventually.  On the tallest shelf are two condiment caddies from the 1800's.  One belonged to my grandmother.  They were for company only and full of salt, pepper, pickles and vinegar.  What the heck did they eat that required vinegar??   Kids were not allowed to touch!!

Today is of course Tuesday, which means another exciting night of Bingo!!  It's also going to be an exciting night of "who gets some of this junk ... I mean good stuff ... I'm getting rid of".  I'm parking by the back door and hoping someone takes it all!!  Old sheets, pillow cases ... a ton of pillow cases ... along with three big comforters.  I have quilts, I don't need comforters!!  Someone is going to win BIG!!

The purging continues!!!



13 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better.
    You are definitely getting stuff purged!
    You go girl!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those things could be worth $

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think they are, but I would feel terrible selling them. Donating them to a museum would be my choice, but so far I haven't found one who will take them. Everyone is full to the brim they say.

      Delete
  3. Rotating tires not needed for years now. I last rotated tires about twenty five years ago. TPMS helped put an end to rotating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!!!! I had no idea. Yay ... that's one less thing I have to worry about!! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  4. I too stopped rotating tires...not that doing so is bad, it is not bad, just not as beneficial as it was back in the 70's & 80's. Continue the purge...you can't take it with you when you leave this earth, that's for sure! Tomorrow I expect a sad song for the ousting of Kevin McCarthy as Speaker of the House...I agree with Gaetz and a few of the others when they say "Kevin promised J6 tapes, never happened. Promised Hunter would be on the 'hill' answering questions, never happened." Oh, the list goes on and on. Bad thing, they have no one who can win the Speakership who will do those things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they all CYA. They like their cushy jobs with the big money committees and won't do anything to jeopardize that, in spite of what they say. That goes for both sides.

      Delete
  5. I'm very happy to hear your back is improving. Behave. 😉😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your Airbags are made by Firestone, they are Guaranteed for life. (Only on personal vehicles.) (Our's were in 2016.)
    I wish they had Panda Express in Canada.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check, but I don't think they are. No idea why that one failed. No kidding, Panda Express is the BEST!

      Delete
  7. I have to admit, that's one fast food restaurant that makes great food at a reasonable price. I've tried copycat recipes, but nothing works like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete