Friday, October 13, 2023

Confession

They say confession is good for the soul.  I confess .... every time I drive by a gas station and see a sign like this, I cuss a lot!!  I suppose this increase was due to Columbus Day, but I'm sure they will blame it on the war.  I don't buy fuel here ... I drive a few miles out of town and get it much cheaper.  From the looks of the station, I'm not the only one.  This one was completely deserted.


I have always been a go-getter, so this back thing is pretty frustrating for me.  That's mostly because I now know just how bad I let myself get by sitting too much on the couch.  Here's something you may not know ... I was a runner for over 40 years.  At first it was just something to do, but running can become pretty addictive.

True, it takes a while to get to the point you aren't hurting all the time from sore muscles (especially after 26 miles), but the good feeling you get afterward, plus the fact that you can eat all the ice cream you want without feat of gaining weight, was a win-win for me.  

I even got into some triathlons.  I think we swam 10 miles, biked 200 miles and then ran another 50 miles. Just kidding ... of course it FELT like it, but we swam 1500 meters, biked 25 miles and ran another 6 miles.  Let's face it ... I can't swim.  I was always close to the last person out of the water!!

I was pretty good at biking though, and still have my bike.  Of course the tires are flat, but I'm determined to get back in the saddle and get back in better shape ... at least a little bit.

The running part?  I wasn't last, but let's just say I did some walking at the end.  My goal for those races was just to cross the finish line!!  


As to yet another confession .... I confess ... don't laugh .... I love Taco Bell.  I'm always surprised that a company can take only nine ingredients and make 30 items for their menu.  This is a crunch wrap.  I don't think they put the crunch in it any more, but it's the perfect size for me.  The two little roly poly things in the bag?  

Those are supposed to be Cinnabon rolls.  I only tried them because they were free.  I found an entire SHEET of coupons!!  Woohoo!!!


Do NOT ... I repeat do NOT buy them.  They are terrible.  Probably because they are not made with one or more of the NINE ingredients.  


Here's the kid standing on one front foot.  If MOM has food, COOPER gets food.  That's the rule in this house that I didn't make.  Of course there are lots of whimpers that go along with that stance, which make me cave every time.  He gets a tiny piece of snack material, not including any of the 9 ingredients.


Another confession ... exercising requires pie.  If you're going to work that hard, you should reward yourself.  This is the pineapple cream cheese pie from Patsy's Blog a few months ago.  It's also good to soothe my tender mouth after the lady with steel fingers has cleaned my teeth.  That happened yesterday, just before the gardeners arrived.


This pretty much tells the story.  I mentioned 5 weeks ago that he had not been keeping things trimmed up.  All he did was edge, mow and go.  I was a lot more adamant this time.  To my surprise he actually wanted me to pay him extra to do it.  NO WAY JOSE!!  This has always been part of the job and I'm NOT paying you more!  He's been slacking and got caught!!  I'd fire him, but I've already gone through 10 gardeners over the last few years.


That of course put me in the perfect mood to go to the Elks Lodge for an epic night of meetings.  There were problems galore we had to discuss and resolve.  I just sat there shaking my head, thinking WOW ... my back isn't killing me!!!  This is GOOD!

The best part ... we were surprised by these sweet Girl Scouts who came to thank the Elks for donating to their latest project ... building gardens and paths at our tiny little Zoo.  They really have done a great job and we were impressed with their enthusiasm.  It was awesome because although we donate a LOT, we don't always get a thank you!!


I was running out of taco-induced energy by 9:30 when the meeting finally ended.  We are usually out of there by 8:00.  I confess, I was ready to hit the door at 7:30.  

This morning I'll be planking, playing bird dog, stretching and going to Home Depot.  It's time to get this carpet replaced and my longarm quilting machine set up!!  I confess, I've missed her!!

BUT THERE'S MORE ..... IT'S FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!!!  Maybe I'll just stay inside with all the drapes closed!!!





9 comments:

  1. Mr. Ed said if you want that grass to look a lot greener. Put some DEF In your lawn sprayer Mix it Then spray it On your lawn, don’t miss a spot. It’s a lot cheaper than your lawn fertilizer. It’s the nitrate. Don’t believe me go look it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then, again, maybe you might not want to do that you’ll be over taxing your lawn care guy 🧌

      Delete
    2. What??? DEF on my lawn? I've never heard of that one. It's worth a shot!!

      Delete
  2. Nancy my brother is a gardener. He's not a fancy person but.he does a good job. If ever you decide to change let me know.
    Have a good day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances you made my day!! I will definitely call you because I don't think this guy is going to be around much longer!!

      Delete
  3. I like Taco Bell too...use to go to TB after my shift as a Busboy in my early restaurant days. Drive my '65 Austin Healey Sprite over to the gas station and put 50 cents of gas in (2 gallons), drive 1/4 mile down to TB and get a burrito, taco and drink for another 50 cents...spending the $1 in tips that the waitresses shared with me that day for doing a 'good job'. (On Fridays, with it being busier, I might get $1.50 in tips, which gave me enough gas for the weekend!) Oh ya, I was also paid a whole $1.50 per hour ... now days it would be $20 here in California. Or in better terms, I was paid 6 gallons of gas back then, today they get paid 4 less than gallons of gas. Inflation's ugly head fueled by paying higher wages...they will never learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly right. They just don't get it. My first paying job was $1.80 an hour. I thought I was rich!!

      Delete
  4. I did not even realize it was Friday the 13th! I cannot do Taco Bell, my stomach rebels every time. I see we have the same model bike, the ones that have flat tires for years from years ago of being ignored. We too plan on getting back on ours someday....yeah right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee .... this one hasn't been flat for THAT long! Okay, maybe six years. I love bike riding, but there are no trails or bike paths around here. It's all road riding.

      Delete