Monday, October 16, 2023

Moving Right Along

 Another beautiful week is on the horizon.  Temps are expected to get down to the 40's overnight.  I guess I better find my electric blanket and get it installed on my bed.  

Cool mornings call for a warm breakfast.  Since I made that lovely loaf of wheat bread, and lucky for me I still have just a tad bit of that beautiful yummy maple syrup from Canada (thanks to Patsy and Bill) I decided to whip up some French toast.  It's probably been thirty years since I've had this treat!  

Apparently great minds think alike, because Patsy and Bill had pancakes with their syrup on the same day.

There was a bit of holdover from Friday the 13th.  Always ALWAYS be sure to check your spice bottles.  Funny how cinnamon and chili powder look just the same.  Lucky for me, I noticed it BEFORE I dunked the bread.  I threw it out and started all over.  I scrambled another egg, dumped in the CINNAMON and a little milk.  I double checked the bottle this time.  Yes, I do like a little French toast with my syrup.


That got me going enough to tackle this plug.   Well ..... sort of.  I plugged a fan in and went to the garage electrical panel.  Lights and Plugs it said.  I went one by one.  Nothing.  I tried the dishwasher, the garbage disposal, the trash compactor (which I don't even have), the microwave, the fridge.  I couldn't seem to find the one that would shut the fan off.  

At long last ... the last one to try ... said Kitchen GFI.  This is NOT a GFI plug.  The fan stopped, but I didn't trust it.  I got out a handy dandy little tool from Harbor Freight (for probably $2.99) to see if the red light would come on, meaning it had power.  There was nothing.  Still, I didn't trust it.  

I checked and tightened all the connections, not really finding anything loose.  Sadly, I just didn't have the nerve to take those heavy wires off and replace the entire plug.  I put it all back together, which was hard because it really didn't fit in the box very well.  If it still turns the plug blue, I'll talk one of my Elks buddies into changing it out for me.  Better THEY get electrocuted than me!!  


Although I tried to put away a few more items around the house that were bugging my sense of messy, I decided all I was doing was hiding them from view.  Places I had cleaned out were now full again.  Big sigh!!

I do have a good reason for that.  Company is coming.  Not anyone I know, so I shouldn't care, but .... I'M SIGNING THE PAPERS TODAY!!!  Eeeehawwww!!!  The Notary is actually coming to my house this morning to finish up all the paperwork.  I'll still be holding my breath until the money hits my bank, hopefully on Friday.  

Though I can barely get in the door to my sewing room since it has become the dumping ground for everything I don't know what to do with .... I decided to start on the next big project.  This is another one of those huge quilts with 14 pages of instructions.  This is square ONE, which took me about two hours to finish.  I'm sure you'll hear me complaining about this one down the road.


Here's a picture of the not-so-soon to be finished quilt.  At least this will keep me from lifting and moving stuff I shouldn't be lifting and moving for several weeks.  


Or at least until the new carpet is installed on Friday so I can get my LONGARM up and running.  Not that I will be able to find any of those quilt tops in the sewing room.  Heck, they may still be in the fifth wheel for all I know.  

Here's to a lovely week of good weather!!  






17 comments:

  1. Think it's time for pancakes in this house. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Especially with the cooler weather. Next time I'll throw in a little bacon!

      Delete
  2. Dang french toast sounds good.
    Sure happy for you to get your house sold and out of your hair. Yay!!
    Have a good day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DOES sound good. Maybe I'll have to make it again very soon!!

      Delete
  3. You keep telling Cindy she makes quilts with little pieces! It is very gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will be by the time I get done. It's going to be 108" square, so a big one!!

      Delete
  4. Is that paper piecing?.? That’s way beyond my pay scale. But you really do a beautiful job on your quilts. Yes, that will keep you busy for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not paper piecing, but it does have a special ruler to make the black pieces. I wish there was someone around here who could teach paper piecing. I have three quilt kits and can't figure out how to cut and sew them.

      Delete
  5. I once sprinkled cinnamon on chicken pieces. I caught the mistake and wiped it off. You could still taste a hint of cinnamon and it was ok. Signing papers...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in college in Iowa they served French Toast in the commons and offered jelly, syrup and/or powdered sugar. Others saw me putting both syrup and powdered sugar and they decided to do the same. WOW some of them said, that is good that way. I knew no other way to eat them ...

    Does your circuit breaker for that GFI look different then the others...perhaps has a button with a yellow middle? If so, then the GFI is on your breaker itself. If not, then somewhere along the line there is a GFI outlet, maybe right there in your garage. You need to know that in case the GFI ever needs to be reset. If it is on the breaker, the yellow will turn red, and you push the button to reset it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Powdered sugar WITH syrup? Oh yeah!!!
      No GFI on that breaker, but there are three in the kitchen. Apparently this box is on the same circuit as the trash compactor ... that I don't have! Guess there was one at some time.

      Delete
  7. Mr. Ed said you don’t have to plug anything into a socket to test it You have one of these it makes a noise and lights up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.amazon.com/Non-Contact-Voltage-Tester-Flashlight-Detector/

      Delete
    2. BUT ... I don't trust that little thing. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. LOL

      Delete
  8. I'm not too trusting with wires either, be careful.
    French toast is even better than pancakes to me!! Yum, another maple syrup night on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete