Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Here We Go Again!!

 No news is good news on the home selling front.  I haven't heard a peep out of anyone.  I've got my fingers crossed that guys loan gets funded.  Weird though ... he IS married, or at least the realtor said he was with a woman he represented as his wife, but the title is going in his name alone.  Makes you wonder.  

Anyway ... here we are again at the enchanted Castle of Elks Bingo.  I actually think it WAS enchanted last night because I got not ONE single complaint about no tickie or no cards.  That's a miracle!!  


Not my picture since I really tried to ignore the full moon this month.  It's the Harvest Moon in all its beauty.  That never bodes well for Bingo.  Add to that the $1199 pots we had up for grabs and it can become very problematic.


In an effort to keep my pain to a minimum (which never works by the way), I hijacked my two best girls to help out.  That's Jackie on the left.  If she runs the infernal machine for the first two hours, I can usually take over the rest of the night.  This girl ... she sets up everything for our Tuesday night melee.  

This time she got rewarded with two big comforters in perfect condition, including shams and pillows.  It's really nice stuff I'd rather not just donate.  Diane on the right, is a chili pepper gal.  She got the light up chili pepper sconces.  Yes, they do make such a thing.  Don't ask me where those came from, but they will go perfect in her kitchen.  She also got the African salad bowl set since she and her hubby got back from an African vacation a few months ago.  


SO ... on with the stories.  We had lots of new players since the hot ball payout was up to $1199, the maximum amount.  Several people came back to the table time and time again to figure out how to play.  Once in, they are hooked.  They'll come back many times, hoping for that big win!  The funny thing is they almost always win at least one game.  Newbies have all the luck.  Once you win though, you cannot say no next week.

We did lose one cell phone, which was magically found, along with my keys.  I bought some of those trackers and stuck one on my key chain.  Not that I lose my keys, but you never know.  My phone started going off in the middle of a game, saying my keys were about 4 miles away.  WHAT?  I just got out of my truck ... how can that be?

I grabbed them out of my purse, but the program didn't want to let go of the thought.  I think I have a lot in common with that program.  Anyway, it finally found them and the gizzy thing reset.

I do on occasion get snarky replies to my requests, and this night was no exception.  I've got 15 people in line and "someone" always decides they need to go through every single one of the 200 speed round tickets to find the PERFECT one.  I finally told her she needed to pick a card ... we had a long line.  

She gave me THE LOOK.  No really ... you have to pick one ... other people are waiting.  "Well ... everyone ELSE does it"!!!  No they don't, because I don't let them.  Please pick your cards so these nice people can get THEIR cards.  She finally made her decision, and threw them on the table, along with the money.  I said thank you and gave her my very best smile ... GOOD LUCK!!!  No, she didn't win.

At long last it was Corn Dog time!  I know, they are made of that C word ..... CHICKEN!  But boy are they delicious.  These are sold at Costco, which I may just happen to drive by today.  Hopefully the box isn't too heavy to lift!!

That ended another exciting night at BINGO!!  Oh ... that $1199 pot?  It was won by Diane's friend who plays the bare minimum amount of cards and never checks the numbers, to the chagrin of everyone else.  That's Bingo for you!!

Today I'm off to get the air bags repaired.  I hope this doesn't happen often.  With the state of highways nowadays, I'd hate to be without them.  They really do make a big difference in the ride.




13 comments:

  1. That picture of the harvest moon is gorgeous!
    So sweet of you to give your stuff to someone that appreciates it.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good part is she DOES appreciate it!! I love it when the happens.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Diane's friend! Back in the 80's or early 90's chili pepper decor was very popular. I had a bunch of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You had chili peppers too??? I should have known.

      Delete
  3. Always look forward to Wednesday's blog reporting on BINGO. Surprised you had anyone there, thought they all would invest there every last cent on the Billion Dollar Lotto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure a bunch of them did. It's weird how no one seems to win that very often.

      Delete
  4. Title, in his name that uncommon probably has A prenup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when I hit the wrong button
      Title in One name is not uncommon probably has a prenup…. LLC or a blind trust

      Delete
    2. That's probably what it is. I've never seen anyone do that before, even in my years working in the realty office.

      Delete
  5. Oh, my, those Corn Dogs look soo good!
    Where can you buy a good Corn Dog but once
    a year at the fair?
    Take care of yourself!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about the only time I get to savor a corn dog .... at the fair. I was pretty surprised when these came about. Quite tasty!!

      Delete
  6. I would end up in jail after one night of having to deal with idiots. I give you credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, some of them are THE most pushy old ladies around.

      Delete