Monday, October 30, 2023

Short and Sweet?

Greetings from chilly but sunny California.   This is going to be a short one today since I have two early appointments.  One is with the fuel station North of town.  I'm taking a box of Kleenex with me to sop up all the tears when I fill that 50 gallon tank that is now practically empty.  Oh the pain.

On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I walked outside to see my rosemary bush in full bloom.  She must be sick.  The flowers usually come out late spring to early summer.  Maybe this means summer will be here in January?  

I don't know what variety this is, but it's the best smelling one I've ever had.  Cooper rubs up against it all the time and smells delicious when he comes in the house.


I had great plans (as usual) to get lots of stuff done, but I defaulted on everything.  I noticed a few birds hanging out and decided to post this nice reminder if you are in to feeding the kids.  Fresh coconut?  Ummm yes, just let me climb to the top of my palm tree and hack a couple off.  Cat food?  Yucky poo.  Maybe some oats, some Cheerios or better yet ... raw sunflower seeds since that's what Jonathan eats.


I'm still trying to upload the latest foxy video, with no success.  I guess it's time to get really frustrated and head on down to Verizon to see how much money I can spend there.  All this technology stuff is expensive!!

So what I REALLY did all day was cut and sew.  Yup ... it took me ALL DAY to cut the fabric for four squares, and I only got TWO stitched up.  No one said being a quilter was easy.  Though the pattern looks pretty intricate, it's not too bad, you just have to be really accurate.


By the way, my quilting machine will be put back together on Wednesday.  I'm so excited .. I've got four quilts in the closet to get started on.  If I can find them that is ... I completely cleaned out that closet, but it seems it has become the dumping spot for everything I can't find a place for.  Hiding stuff doesn't always work.

And so I'm off to the first appointment ... then I'm checking out the latest and greatest Jetpack from Verizon.  It seems I can now use the Hotspot on my phone (I didn't have one before), but I can double down with a Verizon Jetpack when AT&T doesn't have coverage.  I'll let you know what happens.




16 comments:

  1. Good luck, it sounds like it will be a painful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely ran out of steam!! It was a long day.

      Delete
  2. Ouch on the fuel!
    Ouch on the tech stuff!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny about your bush blooming. I have a rose bush in my front yard that died in about 2011, the same year my wife Nancy went to heaven. It's all of a sudden come back and has leaved out 6ft X 8ft and is 4ft tall. I don't know what will happen when the temp drops to 20 tonight. Sam in the Ozarks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like Nancy has come back to visit you!! Brrrr that's cold!!

      Delete
  4. Pretty flowers. Have fun blowing dough today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never fun .... well .... maybe ..... sometimes!!! LOL

      Delete
  5. Pretty busy, seems everything is messed up with the weather changes.
    Good luck today, get your credit card ready.
    Lovely quilt in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is beautiful.
    Hope you had enough kleenex to make it through the fuel stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding ... I'm sure that's a hair raiser for you guys too!

      Delete
  7. So ,perhaps your State is promoting reducing emissions & may be subsidizing heat pumps + having solar may make such a change really worthwhile— before filling the fuel tank!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems no one knows what this state is doing other than falling into a big crevasse of debt and bankruptcy!! It's sad to see it happen to what was once a great state.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete