Monday, August 1, 2022

Feeling Kind Of Beat Up Today

 Patio coffee was very satisfying on this morning.  In spite of the three ridiculous nightmares, or maybe because of, I actually slept in an extra hour.  That's unheard of, but only because I had a puppy nose in my face at midnight.  When you gotta go, you gotta go.  A low of 73 degrees didn't bode well for this day.

I actually did finish the puzzle, although there was only 1/4 to go.  Cyndae would have done the whole thing in a few hours.  It's more like a treasure hunt to me.  See what you need, look for that one piece and CONGRATULATIONS!!  You got ONE!!


On her way out of town, Cyndae picked up two more puzzles for me.  How sweet was that!!  I opened the first box and almost had a heart attack.  Oh my aching back (bending over the table) ... this is a 1000 piece puzzle and every single piece is the exact same shape.  As you can see, it's running horses.  Gee whiz!!  No wonder the box has never been opened.  I may have to save this one for Patsy Richards, the puzzle guru.  

You saw TWO boxes?  Ummmmm yes and the second one is harder than THIS one.  I think I need to look for puzzles with the words 8 yrs and up.


Time to head out to Costco for those shirts.  They open at 9:00 here now, making it a walk in the park.  I mean really, walking down those aisles it was like there was an apocalypse and I was the only one left.  Except ... you could smell the smells.  OMG!!  In the early morning when no one is there, the smells just grab your nose and drag you kicking and screaming to the far back corner.  

Yessirree .... my fortitude was completely smashed when I saw the muffins.  You just can't beat them, OR the price of 74 cents apiece.  Of course you have to buy TWELVE.  Thankfully there's room in my freezer.


I quickly moved on to the shirts.  For a second I thought they were sold out, but luckily they still had a few stacks of them, although not many in my size.  I scrounged around and came up with two more.  I'm just so excited to wear shirts that don't have holes in them!!!


That's it!  That's all I bought ... mostly because I couldn't juggle anything else without a basket.  That may be my plan for Costco from now on ..... NO big basket, which of course is twice the size of any other store's basket.

And then I was off.  Where you ask??  Up to the Sierra Nevada mountain range to see the devastation from the LAST big fire we had.  You just cannot imagine what this looks like unless you are there.  These pictures make it look pretty good.  It took out many homes and cabins for as far as the eye can see.  I just can't imagine the wildlife.  

This is Clark Fork.  The Donnell fire burned 36,000+ acres and destroyed 135 buildings.  


It was a very long day driving, in spite of the blueberry muffin sustenance that kept me going.  I'll post more picture tomorrow, because right now the spice one is calling my name.  I'm feeling kind of beat up today after 7 hours of driving.  Maybe TWO muffins will renew my strength.  After all, I have ELEVEN more to eat!!!

8 comments:

  1. Love all 3 of your shirts! Great finds! Love the muffins too, I swear Costco and Sam's muffins are the best! Fires are so devastating, glad you took the drive. Broke my heart the first time driving highway 50 after the fire last year..all those chimneys standing with no houses around them :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we can say there won't be another fire for some time since there's nothing to burn.

      Delete
  2. Just to let you know they also have Free Jigsaw Puzzles on line.
    Hate seeing the devastation from fires. It's worse when it's your house.
    Nice find on the shirts.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done those, but it's not as easy doing them on a small phone! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great deal on those shirts. The black and white and red and black are my two favs. ♥
    I'm not much for muffins but they do look yummy. How sad about the devastation from the fires. I can't even imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those muffins are the devil in disguise!! SO many calories.

      Delete
  4. We camped often in the Clark Fork area over the years.
    Usually in horse camp with horses......so when we were allowed up there after the fire was out, it was a heart breaker.
    Good buy on those shirts, they will go fast.
    The pastry area is always a draw for us.... Sunday
    bought the apple strudel bars.... yummy!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really sad to see it now, although the trees by the river are doing well and the grass is growing. LOVE those apple strudel bars!!!

      Delete