Wednesday, August 3, 2022

OH BOY - BINGO!!!

It wasn't the least bit cool on this morning, nor is it going to be for the next week with 100 degree temps every day.  That isn't exactly coffee drinking weather, but any day is a good day to kick the ball for Cooper.  I may just have to switch out the coffee for Pepsi!   I could turn on the AC but I have no idea how much they are going to charge me per kWh for what I use over what I produce.  Conservative me doesn't want to have a heart attack with that first bill.


I got my act together quickly, meaning a big cowboy hat, and headed off for a morning ride.  Although horses acclimate pretty quickly to the high altitude, we ride them up for a few days to get them in better shape.  

Wouldn't you know, the little filly Mia wasn't in a very good mood.  You can tell the second you get on. The tenseness is palpable, so you instantly gear yourself up for a good bucking.  Since we are two old ladies, although Sandy is ten years younger than I, we never get on without a little help from a stump, or in this case, a piece of pipe.  Even four inches tall helps.


Sandy rode around the corral a time or two to make sure there would be no tantrums, while I just sat and watched.  This is a good shot of horses ears.  You watch these ears constantly.  It's how they talk to you.  You can easily see if they are bored, mad, excited or if they are going to buck your butt to the ground.  It's also a good indication of things horses don't like.  For example sheep, bears, stinky mattresses on the roadside, rattlesnakes and hikers.  If you watch, they will tell you!!  Most people don't KNOW to watch.


Lucky for us, the ride was uneventful because we cut it short.  Mia was just being a mare on this morning. She tried to kick my horse for no reason.  You know, like when your husband just makes you mad for no reason whatsoever so you whack him!  Just like humans, every horse is completely different with different personalities.

THEN ... it was off to Bingo!!  I was late and probably too tired to be cavorting with the peasants.  We had SO many new people, and of course you have to explain everything to them while everyone else waits in line.  You know what that causes .... torches and pitchforks!!!

In case you ever go to Bingo, do NOT ... I repeat ... DO NOT cut in line or get your cards before the person in front of you does.  My oh my that did send the sparks flying up like fireworks.  This lady could have killed two people with her eyes and made a few very rude comments.  I was shocked, which is hard to do when you have cashiered Bingo for eleven years.  

She finally put away all the daggers and knives and called off the werewolves.  I didn't look, but I bet NO ONE sat by her!!  Yikes they might dropped dead with one look!!

There was one "you didn't give me enough cards", which was a possibility, so dumb me gave her one.  That was quickly followed up by another ... and another.  Once words gets out, they all magically discover they are missing one.  Every single one screaming to the heavens that they would NEVER lie about such a thing.  Yes and there are unicorns and fairies and Bigfoot too!!!

We had 132 peasants on this night, all of whom donated to our PIG.  If you win and you don't donate at least $5.00, you will never win again.  It's Bingo logic, but it works for us since we always name a needy group to receive the money.  Every day this month the PIG money is going to the fire victims in Mariposa.  You've got to hand it to the peasants.  When the chips are down for someone, they help out every time.

Now completely exhausted because of my long day, I forgot to zero out the infernal machine.  It won't do it by itself, so today I have to make a trip back in to clear its brain for next week.  After that, you'll find me on the couch trying to rest up.



12 comments:

  1. Old Welders Trick: I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard but when everyone else had gone home the Welders were sill on the job. I spent over Thirty Years in casting so in the Summer you were talking temperatures of 120 F or better inside the plant. All those drinking cold refreshments were going home sick. Those drinking room temperature Water or Coffee lasted beyond their shifts.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. You would think cold water would cool you off and make it better.

      Delete
  2. Love the Bingo stories! LOL. I agree coffee sure doesn't taste as good as it does when it's cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny tho, that doesn't keep me from drinking it! LOL

      Delete
  3. Glad they are helping with that fire. Once the largest fire of the year is suddenly dwarfed by the Yreka area fire which they just can't get their hands on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be one after another. I was reading up on that one yesterday.

      Delete
  4. That was interesting information about the horses. Maybe Tuesday's will be a good day to stay home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like Nancy is wearing "da Brim" on her riding helmet. Mountain bikers can also buy "da Brim" that fits their helmet, but the horsey product is slightly different, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Sandy wearing the helmet, and yes you can buy different brims to fit them. She's riding a young horse with just a couple months of training, so she's being careful.

      Delete
  6. I owned one mare. Too temperamental for me. You never know what tour day is going to be like until you throw the saddle on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. I've owned more mares than geldings and never had any problems with any of them. Maybe it's the breeding?? This one wasn't exactly happy.

      Delete