Sunday, August 21, 2022

MORE Kitties!!!!

 Good morning 106 degrees!!!  Good grief, my air conditioning is running overtime.  No worries though ..... I HAVE SOLAR!!!  For the first time ever I'm not worried about how much the AC runs.  Oh I'm not going crazy though ... I never set it below 80 degrees.

Here's the last of that darn hummus.  I tried to pass some off on Dan, but he was having none of it. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy and hummus is NOT in his vocabulary.  I finally had to ditch the last of it.  


The breakfast casserole turned out great ... thank you black kitty.  Having cleaned out the fridge and freezer, this is on my menu until I leave for Arizona.  


Mr. Chance was off really early heading North to the Harley shop.  These critters require maintenance by the pros.  If you find a good mechanic, you stick with him through thick and thin.  By the way, I have a nice stereo system in my house, a whole house setup that was here when I bought the place.  I have to say however, that it's NOTHING compared to the stereo system on this bike.  

Bikes have come a long way since we all rode together years ago.  I was lucky to have a sissy bar in back and pegs to put my feet on.  There was no GPS, no stereo, no fancy saddlebags or even a comfortable seat akin to a Mercedes Benz.  

We rode perched on top of a piece of foam and leather with high pegs.  You've probably never heard of those.  Instead of your feet being down by the exhaust pipes, they were on pegs about four inches below the seat.  It was a balancing act for sure, but there was a good reason for that.  If the bike laid over, your leg wasn't cut off or seared by the exhaust pipe.  Oh yes ... the days of old!!!  Riding on the back while racing a Kawasaki down the highway.  Now THAT'S an adventure!!  One of these days I'll relate THOSE stories.


In no time I was ready for some lunch.  A lovely grilled cheese on sourdough bread.  This must be my all time favorite.


Then the weird and not normal thing happened.  Sadly, this beautiful mountain lion was discovered about two miles from my house at the high school.  With all the fires and lack of food, the poor things are just looking for something to eat.  

I haven't heard what happened to it.  I'm hoping someone had the sense to tranquilize it and take it back to the hills.  The craziness went wild with an all points bulletin for everyone to stay in their homes.  Really?  It's just scared half to death.  Too sad.


I spent the next few hours finishing up this quilt.  It now has a top and bottom border and is stashed away in my "quilt this" bag that's going to Arizona.


Dan got back in the afternoon heat of 106 degrees.  It's like driving in a convection oven.  Apparently there was a little trouble with a tomato truck overturning and blocking the entire road.  That's not unusual around here, since most of those truck drivers are newly licensed.  Someone didn't slow down at the stop sign.  You can imagine the mess that created.  After a few wrong turns on our washboard country roads, Dan finally made it back to the house.

Oh boy oh boy!!!  That means another dinner at Habit Burger.  Luckily there's one in Tucson too.  This time I even remembered my phone to take a picture.


Dan is off early this morning in the cool air, heading to the coast and traveling south, missing all the heat waves in the valley.  I'm still packing, trying to fit everything in my truck.  I'll be heading out tomorrow on another adventure!!  


10 comments:

  1. There's days we miss our bikes then other days we don't miss them at all. Side by sides are street legal here so we manage to get our open air fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I sure miss it. It's almost like being on a horse, only faster!!

      Delete
  2. That's one heck of a distance for Dan to travel, but I sure understand...we have most of our motorhome work (outside of engine/chassis type of work) done there in Sacramento. At least we have a mechanic for the HHR here close to home that we trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get the HHR fixed. Dan only stopped here because he was heading home after a long trip. That guy can put on the miles!!

      Delete
  3. The quilt is gorgeous! Oh and that hamburger looks so yummy once again! I'd say they've hired some good people now! The temps are crazy...come on Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to cool air!! I actually found a website where I can try out quilt colors before cutting and sewing!!!

      Delete
  4. Young drivers don't know how to use the Brakes. Instant Ketchup.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the trip to Arizona. Should be cooler.

    ReplyDelete