Saturday, August 20, 2022

Black Cats Bring Good Luck

It was a bright sunshiny morning, although pretty warm by most standards.  Having had a 106 degree day makes the early hours not as cool.  Cooper was chomping at the bit to get outside for a walk, so off we went.  

He trots the entire time, making me almost run just to keep up.  He's pretty spry for a 13 year old.  It took some time for him to see the kitty crossing the road in front of us.  His eyesight isn't what it used to be.  Once locked in however, he never let go as we walked past. 


We turn around not far from here.  The kitty kitty never moved an inch ... just sat there daring him to come closer.  If looks could kill ... the glare on that cute little black face was enough to make Cooper decide to take chase.  Brave kitty ... he never budged an inch as I drug Cooper on off down the road.  Of course MY thought was black cat crossing in front of me.  Uh oh!!!


Back at the house, I logged on to see what my solar had been doing.  Here's the report.  

July 15 - July 19 (yes, only five days) my electric bill was $63.39 PRE solar.
      Also included ... $16.00 State non-bypassable charge (paying for the Paradise fire)
July 15 - Aug 15  gas portion $4.98. Obviously I'm not doing much cooking.
July 20 - August 15  (with solar) $9.40 
July 20 - August 15  All the taxes and crap are gone.

Which brings up the question, with everyone getting solar, who is now going to pay for all the damage done by PG&E not maintaining their lines, which cause fires and burn down towns?       

The minimum charge is $10.00 a month.  At this point however, I've used more than I produced, so my true-up is at $39.00.  As soon as I'm not here for awhile, that will disappear completely and hopefully will all be zero by the end of December.  In six months I will have saved about $1500.  Should have done this years ago I guess.


I sewed a little here and there, watching Caldwell Idaho rodeos in between.  Talk about people crazy for rodeo ... those people were having fun fun fun (or maybe it was the beer)!!  Suddenly there was a loud knock at the door.  Gosh Cooper ... how did you miss Mr. Chance coming up the driveway on his Harley??

My company has arrived!!  Dan has been on an epic motorcycle trip across half the U.S.  It happens that his old haunt, and the best place to take the iron horse for service, is not far down the road.  If he stays here, he will save about $200 in hotel bills, giving Miss Patty more money to spend on fabric for quilting.  See how that works???

In return, I get dinner at Habit Burger.  What could be better than a BBQ Bacon Char Burger??  I'm telling you, that's the best burger I've EVER had.  Whoever the cook and prep people were this time, did it up right!!


I have to give it up to the black cat ... good company and a good burger.  The perfect way to end a day.

I'm attempting to bake a breakfast casserole this morning before Dan hits the road.   I'm hoping the kitty kitty will help out a little with some more good luck!!


6 comments:

  1. That burger does look amazing! Love breakfast casseroles! So easy and you have it for days or freeze pieces for when you're in the mood LOL. Now I'm hungry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correctamundo!! That's exactly what I do with casseroles.

      Delete
  2. Going to have to try Habit Burger next time we are out there. Hey, wanna come help unpack? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my .... I know your unpacking pain. Not my favorite pastime ... especially when you are already tired.

      Delete
  3. That Solar will help keep your costs down.
    That's a tasty looking burger.
    Hoping Dan enjoys his ride.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Kitty.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The solar is working like a charm. You knew that from YOUR solar. I might even steal your windmill idea!!

      Delete