Thursday, August 4, 2022

Good Service ... Worth a Million!

Up and at em!!!!  Or maybe not so much.  I'm a little groggy this morning as I sip my morning wakeup juice on the patio in 74 degree weather.  Yessirree ... that's the low for last night.  It got to a whopping 104 yesterday, making it difficult to want to get out.

I thought one of those Costco muffins I got just might help increase my blood flow.  Just for kicks, as it was warming in the microwave, I read the ingredients on the box.  DO NOT do that.  I don't know how these things don't just clog your arteries on the first bite.  Okay ... let's make it even better by slathering a bunch of butter on top!!!


I had a long list of things to do since the decision has been made to head up to the hills and ride with Sandy.  But first ... here's the rest of Tuesday's riding.  When we got back, Sandy lunged Mia around the corral for a bit, getting her into a lope which we had not done on the ride.  


If you've been around horses for a long time, you can FEEL when something's not quite right.  You can feel whether they are relaxed, nervous or cranky, and you ride accordingly.  A little more workout loping in the corral made for a relaxed horse.


Thirty minutes later .... maybe that workout was a little too much!!!  We laughed at her antics!!


By the time I got home, I was reminded that I'm allergic to almond orchard dust.  I have no clue why, but I think it has to do with the chemicals that end up in the dirt.  I'm not allergic to almonds and I eat them quite often with no negative results.  This doesn't hurt at all.  It's just weird.  I took a Benadryl which usually helps, but makes me sleepy as all get out.


Here's the best news in a long time.  I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A NEW PHONE!!  I've been struggling with my iPhone battery.  I couldn't use the phone more than five minutes and I would have to plug it in.  Lately, the plug won't STAY in.  Just the slightest movement and it would stop charging.  

Finally, in complete frustration, I asked around about getting a new battery.  Someone mentioned the Cell Phone Doctor.  They said he was really good and not expensive at all.  It took me over an hour to figure out how to get my phone OUT of the case I've had it in for the last three years.  Talk about child proof!!!

I headed straight for the store and found a really nice Asian gentleman in flop flops.  He checked the battery, which of course said SERVICE PLEASE - I'm dying!!!  He laughed at that!!!

I kid you not ... 15 minutes later I had a new battery and a new phone.  He cleaned out all the lint and dirt where the cord connects and now I'm not fidgeting with it by the hour.  The phone feels better ... I feel better .. it's a win win!!!  Back home I got to use it for SIX HOURS and it STILL had juice!!  I'm so happy not to have to buy a $1200 phone!!  Although he told me what to buy if I do need one and it would only be about $500.  


What a great guy.  Here's the best part ... he only charged me $45.  WOOHOO!!!!  He was so nice I gave him a big tip to boot.  Boy do I love it when you get good service!

So now I'm off with my list of stuff I'm going to need in the mountains.  It's going to be a packing nightmare to get everything I need for truck camping IN my truck, not to mention dog and bird stuff.  Oh yes .... where I go, so go they.  I figure if it gets ridiculous, I'll just come back home.  It shouldn't be a problem as long as it's not too cold for Jonathan and Cooper doesn't bark too much.

Talk about roughing it ... this trip will fit that description perfectly!!


11 comments:

  1. Mr. Ed’s said they make a spray Benadryl. works with no sleeping side effects
    I don’t need Benadryl to sleep as long as a picket fence isn’t too sharp this boy can sleep anywhere.
    Even if you don’t need a new phone. Might asked your phone guy if u can upgrade to the newer software That software is free…. free is always good with an update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have Apple Six or newer you’re in luck
      So if you have six or newer you can update next time you’re near a strong Wi-Fi signal

      What is the oldest iPhone Apple still supports? The oldest handset supported by iOS 13 is the iPhone 6s, which also got iOS 14 and now, the latest iOS 15. It's good to know that Apple supports the last three versions of iOS for

      Delete
    2. My phone is updated ... it always takes about an hour, but eventually it comes through. Spray Benadryl ... I sure didn't know that. I'll try it.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, do't look at the ingredients of those muffins LOL! But it looks yummy! That's awesome you found a great place to work on your phone! He sounds much better than the Geek Squad for sure and less expensive! You're a tough girl, no desire to camp in our truck or tent anymore! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The horse riding far outweighs the inconveniences. Least I think it does. I'll tell you when I get back!!

      Delete
  3. Muffins are a great breakfast while keeping it light.
    Most people don't know to shut their apps on their phones. Leaving them on just eats up the battery's energy. Use the Phone, shut the app. Text, shut the app. Use GPS, shut the app.
    Our daughter-in-law's new phone would only last ten minutes. he had over Fifty open apps. Shut them all down and now her phone lasts for days.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I'm familiar with all that. I just had a bad battery on my phone. It's working great now.

      Delete
  4. Well.....I'm looking forward to your new adventure!



    ReplyDelete
  5. We have ESCAPED California! At a NF Campground near Austin Nevada, where at 8:30 pm it is a mere 62 degrees! Love it! Have a good camp in the mountains. And what a great find you made with that I-Phone fixer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh ... cool!! Austin .. one of my favorite little towns. Enjoy your trip back. Drive safe!

      Delete