Friday, July 22, 2022

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

 Dreams do come true.  No,  Prince Charming is not sitting on the patio with me this morning ... not THAT dream, but the dream of being COOL has finally arrived ... kinda sorta.  Having received that email I wasn't going to assume anything.  I checked my PG&E account to see that only 3 kWh had been used versus the usual 45.  Woohoo it's working!!

HOWEVER ... there is always a way PG&E will stick it to you.  They have now changed my "plan" to Peak Use.  That means I can't even turn on a light between 4 and 9 PM without getting charged double for what I DO use.  That's what solar gets you in California.  Guess I'll set the AC unit timers and see how it goes.  I'm not exactly feeling like a winner winner here, but it's definitely better than it was.

Breakfast was another veggie omelet smothered in salsa that actually came out quite tasty this time.  I cut WAY back on the onion.  I have so much stuff in there you can't even see the egg.


With lots of errands to run, I was in high gear almost immediately.  I had an appointment with my 90 year old client to get her bookkeeping done.  What a treasure she is, and smart as a whip.  To make it an even more exciting time doing accounting work, her daughter stopped by.  She's the one I've ridden horses with over the years.  

Hey hey hey ..... I'm back in the riding business.  She just purchased a young horse and has no one to ride with.  I volunteered LOUDLY!!  I'll ride her other horse while she rides the colt.  It's always better to have a horse with common sense along when you're riding something young.  I can't wait!!!!  That MADE MY DAY!!

Not nearly as exciting, I stopped by Costco to pick up my new glasses.  They are taking a bit to get used to, but I can't complain because the price was so good!!


On the way back home, I got the crazy idea of picking up some KFC.  The Colonel cooks some pretty tasty chicken.  This is a Mac n Cheese Chicken bowl, along with some chicken tenders.  Wasn't I surprised to see they are now cutting the chicken tenders in half lengthwise ... I mean they are barely 1/2" thick.  

I was additionally shocked when I heard the price.  You talk about inflation ... for the last two years, this country has been going down the tubes.  Are you ready?  $17.95 for this food.  I expected $10.  Can you imagine feeding a family of four?  I hope everyone is ready for fast food places to go out of business.  I wondered why every time I went by the place there were no cars around.  Now I know.  There won't be any more of these chicken dinners at my house.


That's when I got the call.  Want to go to the Italo Lodge Ladies Night?  HECK YEAH!!!  Bottom left is my friend Diane who I worked with for 12 years at the County.  For this, just leave the cameraman a tip and you get a free picture!!  We got 13 free pictures!!


Tammy decorates up the table like you can't believe, although you don't really see it here.  She even decorated the plastic cups with rhinestones!!  Apparently the last time they held this, they weren't able to serve until something like 8:00 ... so everyone now brings tons of appetizers.  I was full before we even GOT to dinner!!


The place was packed!!  See that red ticket above?  They have a huge raffle right after you eat, which is how they make money for the lodge.  I bought two packs.  Boy was I surprised to see these gals buy three and four packs!!


The stack of prizes was huge with entertainment provided by a local DJ.  He would play a theme song from some really ancient show and you would have to text him the answer.  The shows weren't quite old enough for our dinosauric table.


At long last the chicken dinner arrived, and I have to say it was quite tasty!!  The pasta was delicious, with lots of basil.  That white thing is fresh homemade bread.  I cleaned my plate like a good girl.


Winner winner .... our table won a surprising three raffle prizes, including this beauty that we all thought was fake.  I mean really, I've never in my life seen this many succulents stuffed into one bowl.  Turns out it was all real plants.


With all the prizes gone, it was time to head on home.  No winner winner for me, other than the chicken dinner and a great night out with some really fun gals.  And oh yes, she is counting money.  Everyone puts a dollar in a cup ... whoever at the table wins the first raffle, wins the money too.  

Since I ran out of time yesterday, I have more errands to run today before crashing on the couch for some shuteye.  It was a late night and I'm beat!!  Then I'll shine my boots and gather up my riding gear!!


8 comments:

  1. Mr Ed. Don’t be shy to take those Glasses back to Costco and replace them With a proper fit .. I had to do mine at BJ’s twice
    Turned out they weren’t putting the number in Correct
    No matter how cheap they are they still have a excellent guarantee.
    If you were on one electric plan and they switched you why not call them and ask to switch back to the original plan you shouldn’t be penalized for lowering your bill ..
    And yes KFC Popeyes churches have all raised their rates 30% However there’s something wrong with the price of your mac & cheese chicken shouldn’t been more than six dollars. https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/3556145-kfc-mac-and-cheese-bowls-are-back-july-18-for-5/. As well as the three piece chicken tender for about five dollars

    When you order in Popeyes or KFC you have to be …very specific
    You have to remember you’re dealing with counter people that only push buttons … and don’t know how to read The customers mine …It sounds like you were charged for a mac & cheese chicken bowl Which comes with a biscuit and a drink … and a three piece tender Meal with a biscuit sauce and a drink .
    So the next time if you don’t want the biscuit and drink that comes with the meal order it la carte They will have to look for that button i’m sure ..
    Also look for the coupons you sometimes can go online (in there parking lot )an order the same and get it cheaper
    Take a photo of the barcode Coupon online and present that In person as well


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked the receipt ... it was a "bowl", but all I got was the bowl ... nothing else.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You got that right Norm!!! We shall see just how sore I get!!

      Delete
  3. I think you will find that Pacific Graft and Extortion is charging everybody the same rate for killywiggles used from 4PM until 9PM. That is their greatest load time and they are trying to keep from having rolling blackouts by making people think with their wallets during that time. It started out just during the week but I think it is all week now.

    Before I retired I worked with the phone company and had lots of interaction with PG&E engineers when building new lines. I was surprised how many of their distribution legs were at max capacity, and a lot of adjustments had to be made down the line to make juice available for just a few new houses. They will never be able to keep up if electric cars take off, like our puppet president would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's awesome ... a new meaning for PG&E!!! So very true ... but it doesn't help that the darn government keeps allowing houses to be built just for the tax money when they don't have the facilities to provide them with power. The number is staggering.

      Delete
  4. Now you can turn the thermostat down just another notch or two, since you will be really producing all that electricity for PG&E while you are gone, and during the spring and fall (and even winter too I'll bet).

    I think the only real deal around still is the rotisserie chicken at Sam's and COSTCO...can't beat that Chicken for under $5. The BIG question is, how long will it be under $5????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear some people say they keep their settings at 75. I don't want to freeze ... just be comfortable. I love that chicken ... and agree, the price will probably skyrocket too.

      Delete