Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Planets Are Aligned!

 I didn't get my usual time on the patio yesterday, but I was there sipping my coffee long enough to realize what Elva said was correct.  The planets aligned perfectly for me as the cool morning air was sucked into the house by my AC fans.  No AC ... just the fans trying to cool off the 85 degree house.  I had high hopes for the day, and just like in a fairy tale (except RATS, there was no frog to kiss), it had a happy ending.

The wiring work began at 6:00 am.  I had no idea just how much went into that part of the installation.  It required this poor kid crawling up into the attic of the garage to make all the connections, running everything out the side underneath the eave.  There's hardly anything showing on the outside.  What a neat and clean installation.


Although I wanted to stand outside and ask a million questions, I bit my tongue and stayed inside with Cooper as long as I possibly could.  Working on one more square of that quilt kept me out from under foot.  It was also interesting to note there were no breaks, no phone calls and very little talking when I did sneak out for a peek.  It was nose to the grindstone for this crew!!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!


At 2:00 I finally "officially" ventured outside to see how it was going.  All done they said, just doing cleanup.  Here's the panel they installed which I think I can connect to with my phone.  I haven't asked that question yet.  

They told me the system was up and running, providing free energy to run my air conditioners!  I'll ask more questions today, but he also said the unit will update itself automatically from now on.  I went inside and turned on the cool AC.  OMG ... you cannot imagine how nice it was to finally be a little cool while outside it was 103.  

Yes, it's completely hooked up they said, but if I'm making more than I'm using, I won't get any credit until PG&E comes to set up their new meter.  I seriously doubt if any credits would appear anyway.  Not that I'm going to be overactive in the AC and lights department.  HEY ... I can turn lights on now!!!  I'm like a kid in a candy store!!!


To make the day even better, just look here!!  My Prince Charming turned out to be wearing Levis and a ball cap!  They were doing some cutting with what else .... an angle grinder .... when I asked if the contractor had mentioned anything about my post.  He said no, so I showed him where it was, not 30 feet away.  

Five minutes later, the post was GONE!!  It's the planets I tell you!!!  I handed him $20 for beer which he immediately put it in his pocket.  I don't care who gets the beer ... the infamous post is gone!!!  Now I can hunt up someone with a tractor and disc for the corrals.


Unfortunately, the planets didn't align enough to cancel bingo, so 30 minutes after they left, I was out the door.  It was a usual peasant uprising night, followed by indigestion.  What could be better?  I'll relay that story tomorrow, along with the latest info on Costco.  

A toast to air conditioning!  YAHOO!!!


8 comments:

  1. With the Antenna on the top You will probably have to Bluetooth app to your phone to your solar panel units. when you do you’ll be able to see how much the panels put out, how much you’re using and how much each panel is producing . Once you download the app there are a lot of management tools built-in
    This may sound funny when I say this but when your solar guy comes to show you how to manage it I would suggest you take and video it , that way you could always refer to the video if you forget something.
    I believe there’s also a output gauge on the left side of your panel when you get up in the mornings I would take a picture of it and a couple during the daytime as well as the evening
    At least until you get your Bluetooth set up . I’d be curious to know as to what your reading would be at 8 o’clock in the morning opposed to 12 in the afternoon
    While you’re still there you probably won’t Reap credit but when you leave I’m sure you will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I already have the app on my phone. I watched it all day yesterday. It's crazy just how much info you can get from that little box.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe they got that installed so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that something? Other people who have waited 5 or 6 months can't believe it either!! I think it's unheard of!!

      Delete
  4. Things worked out GREAT for you Nancy! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Dave ... me too, since my track record isn't all that great. I can't tell you how nice it is!!!!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that things are finally coming on line for you.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the extra energy.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete