Thursday, July 21, 2022

Friends In High Places

Now THIS is scary!!!  Meet my roommate Morganstein, who showed up on my Facebook feed yesterday ... in 3D no less.  That must be what set off some crazy nightmares about Robert Downey Jr.  It' a good thing you can't actually enter your dreams!!

At any rate, it's an absolutely fabulous 64 degree morning as I soak up all the cool I possibly can.  The windows are open and the fans running.  I have to admit though ... this heat really is getting to me.  I've slowed down considerably.  We are now looking at only 102 every day for the next week.

Early yesterday, Cooper and I went out for a marathon walk in the neighborhood.  Boy does he love running amuck ... or at least as amuck as you can get on a 25' leash!


Upon our return .... SHOCK ensued!  HALLELUJAH!!!!!  WE HAVE LANDED IN THE WORLD OF SOLAR!!  How did that happen before the August 26 date the lady gave me?  I guess it helps to have friends in high places.  Or at least friends of friends.  

One of the Knights of Bingo came to my rescue.  His good friend is a mucky muck in the PG&E solar department.  He said he would check it out for me.  Yesterday ... in my junk mail folder ... I discovered a weird looking message from NEM.  I would have trashed it, but a little light went off in the far reaches of my brain that said "is that Net Energy Management"?  Is that PG&E??

Soooooo .... they didn't have to come to the house and inspect the system like the lady said, nor did they have to set a new meter like the lady said.  Apparently all they had to do was click on something that would track my production.  WOOHOO!  I'm in business. 
No, I didn't run over and turn on both AC units.  I only turned on one and set it to 82.  I can be reasonably comfortable with that until I see the proof of the pudding in the reconciliation papers they will send me in 30 days.  I'm not sure if I can "see" anything online or not ... I'll check.

Thank the Good Lord for friends and miracles!!!

I actually spent much of the day on the couch drinking gallons of water and recouping from the Bingo marathon.  Another couple of hours was spent with Arizona Department of Transportation.  Every year they send the license renewal for my truck which says 2 years for $68, no smog required.  Every year I send payment, they return it to me with a note that smog is required and I can only renew it for one year.  Crazy, right?  I guess California isn't the only state that has screwy departments.

Since I can't get there for a smog test by the due date, I just sent it in again, whereupon it will be returned and we'll do it all over!!

Actually my plan was to take off immediately and head South, except I remembered I fired the lawn crew.  The new guys start August 3rd ... so now I have to hang around two more weeks.   

More progress on the quilt happened.  Gosh, this is going to be a queen size I think.  By the time I get all the stuff in between the squares, it's going to be BIG!


I watched another Extreme Bulls competition, feeling bad for those kids riding.  Most are between 18 and 24.  It was a tough night where only a few guys actually rode their bulls.  They didn't even have ten for the final competition.  They were all limping and holding their arms and two got badly hurt.  The bull fighters weren't the best on this day.  Sady, it's only the beginning of the season.  

Not really wanting anything hot or heavy for dinner ... I'm kidding myself here ... I chopped up the meat from a smoked rib, smothered it in cheese and threw on some homemade salsa to make my nacho plate dinner.  It doesn't look all that great, but it sure tasted good!!


Cooper is chomping at the bit, so I'm off for a cool morning walk.  Then I'll check out my PG&E account and see what things look like.  I imagine I'll see the usage, but not the production.   At any rate, I'm relieved I don't have to drink quite so much water to combat the "glowing" on my couch.  I'm smiling again!!



8 comments:

  1. Mr Ed From your friends in low places
    If your vehicle is in an area of a state (other than Arizona) that requires emissions testing, you must have your vehicle emissions tested there and submit a copy of the passing inspection report to ADEQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arizona has lower Emissions standards than California and will accept California as such but California will not accept Arizona standards

      Delete
  2. Oh those nachos look so yummy! I am loving that quilt so much! Hopefully PGE billing will come through with nothing and you can enjoy the coolness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well .... PG&E will always come up with something, but it's SO much better than it was!!!

      Delete
  3. I think all the electric companies are turning to 'smart meters' and I am sure PG&E was required to do so by the greedy, I mean greeny dems.

    When we leave here in a couple of weeks, I think we are headed up I-80, over to US 50 at Fernley and then across all the way to Pagosa Springs before turning into New Mexico. It is just TOO HOT going the southern route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Dave. It will be much cooler to go the other direction. And greedy was correct.

      Delete
  4. Fingers crossed that you like what you see on your PG&E account?

    ReplyDelete