Saturday, July 23, 2022

My Psychedelic Trip

 Ahhhhhhhhh .... I soaked in all the cool I could as I took my coffee in even smaller sips yesterday morning, trying to make it last as long as the chilly air.  It was a lovely 64 degrees ... my optimal temperature.  No matter that the guy behind me was making his rottweiler bark like a banshee, I took in a big breath and relaxed, thankful I was one of the lucky group who woke up on this morning.  

Cooper and I went for our morning jaunt around the neighborhood to find these sunflowers growing like crazy.   Not really, they are weeds, but I can pretend.


I turned on both AC units to cool down the house and watched the next episode of "kill the cowboy" bull riding from Salinas California.  They were having a pretty tough time with only two making the 8 second bell.  It finally dawned on me why those old bull riders limp so badly.  Boy do they take a beating on occasion.  

This sport, and I use that word loosely, is meant for the young kids who heal up pretty fast.  One of them even said "it's okay if you get smashed, the Docs nowadays can fix anything".  Well, almost I suppose.  No mention of the pain involved.

Here's a couple more pictures from Ladies Night.  These are a great group of ladies who can take more pictures in ten seconds than a video camera.  


They even got the Master of Ceremonies involved!!!  


I was pretty trashed yesterday, but it didn't matter.  I still had errands to run which included getting my once-a-year truck wash.  It's pretty easy to do around here since the powers that be have approved and built TEN car washes within 6 miles of me.  

I thought we were trying to conserve water?  Yes, they are supposed to reuse the wet stuff ... but how?  Isn't it full of dirt and soap??


It's always such a psychedelic trip through the tunnel of lights.  They wouldn't approve a Walmart Warehouse, but car washes ... hey, I think we need MORE.  Sure makes you wonder who is running the country, even down to the local level.


Back home I met up with the Weed Man ... supposed to kill the weeds and green up the lawn ... but it's not happening.  Nice guy, but his service doesn't seem to be working.  All this trouble just to keep the property looking like someone actually lives here.  His suggestion was to run my sprinklers 45 minutes per station.  

Ummm excuse me ... that would be running them NINE HOURS A DAY!!!!  I told him I would if he paid the bill.  FIRED .... they are so fired.  So many promises nowadays and none kept.

Next up, after reading Mr. Eds comment that I was charged incorrectly, I put on a pair of gloves and dug through my garbage can until I finally located the ticket.  I had already written my KFC speech in my head.  Sadly, there was no mistake.  A La Carte says it all ... they are just @#%$#@& expensive!!  Of course I just saw an ad on TV saying the Mac 'n Cheese bowl was on sale for $5.00.  Nope ... not being fooled.  That's probably if you buy a $7.00 drink!  And look at the price of tenders!!!

What's really sad is that I'm now congratulating people because they are actually WORKING at a job for their money instead of being on welfare ... because the majority ARE on welfare.  There definitely would not be a shortage of employees anywhere if the free money was stopped.  But then the votes would stop too.  Do you know the White House just announced they have given FREE internet access to over a million people?  I kid you not ... there's no way you can say anything other than this is paying for votes.   Sorry, I promised to stay out of the political stuff.  


The day ended with rodeo, what else.  Oh wait ... I did check on the electricity usage and was happy to see only 5 kWh used with my thermostat set at 82.  I'm a clock watcher now since I don't want to use anything between 4 and 9.  Okay, maybe the microwave.  Any cooking will now be done in the morning.  There's no changing plans when you're on solar ... you are stuck with the plan the sucks the most green stuff from your wallet.

It's okay so far ... I'm not sweltering as before ... and I'm smiling because I know I'm going to have lots of overages when the weather cools off that will wipe out that FIVE.  Everyone I've talked to lately has said their bill jumped up 150%.  Who ever thought I'd be extolling the benefits of solar!!!  Must have been too many trips through the psychedelic chamber of cleanliness.


8 comments:

  1. Mr. Ed said they do use recycled water that’s why it’s colored so you don’t see the dirt .. but I guess Prices may an do vary from city town or state it just looks like your state city an town are damn High… But then again if you lived in the United States it’ll probably been a lot less$
    But then again think if you went out and bought chicken breast seasoning and use PG$E it would’ve cost you $20. So I guess 10.95 is a good price For the republic of California
    https://www.allmenuprice.com/kfc-menu-prices/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, absolutely everything is higher priced in this state, let alone this town!!

      Delete
  2. What great pics of you lovely ladies! Agree with you on the free money, even though I don't think they're getting the free 600 + a week anymore! Boy was that ridiculous! Love the colored car wash water :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really sad to see this state go downhill like it is. In the old days, everyone wanted to live here. Now it's a magnet for people who don't want to work.

      Delete
  3. Since PG&E charges 3 times the amount between 4-9 pm, it is only FAIR that the electricity you make between 4-9 is credited at 3 times the amount too! Why don't you send that request into the Governor's office and see what your reply is? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Dave .... yeah right!! They would just laugh at us!!

      Delete
  4. Ladies night sounds like a good time, looks like you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. I just have to learn how to up my drink quotient!!

      Delete