Tuesday, July 19, 2022

SCREAM!!!!! Big Sigh

You probably know exactly what the scream was all about.  Yessirree ... as I sat on the now 80 degree patio at 4:30 in the morning, I received my PG&E bill on my phone.  So much for quiet peaceful coffee time.  

I didn't go bonkers when the solar was put up ... I simply turned the thermostat down to 82 degrees from 85 where I normally keep it.  I admit, I'm usually gone during the summer months, so there's that.  Here's the bad news ... MY PG&E BILL FOR JULY ..... wait for it .....  $325.  That's $100 more than last month, even though I've turned the sprinklers down by 4 hours a week and only turned my thermostat down 2 degrees.  That threw me right down into the dumps.  My account says I'm using 792 kWh a day with my AC set to 82-85!!!!  Until PG&E gets here and sets the new meter, I'm going to be HOT HOT HOT ... and not in a good way.

Add to that my usage during the last 15 days is less than the first of the month.  I HATE THEM!!  Can you just imagine how much everyone else's bill is?  Yes, I have closed off every room not used daily, turned out every light and only use the toaster oven for breakfast.

So to calm the angry seas, Cooper and I went out for a nice long walk/run.  I walk really fast and he runs 25' ahead of me.


The countryside is very pretty since it is a nice neighborhood.  This was the original ranch property that sold out to a subdivision.  Nice fence!!  You should see the new house they just built there.  I'll catch it on the next trip around.


This is my neighbor's house.  They also put up a beautiful fence and are having lots of landscaping done.  Yesterday they were spreading white rock everywhere.  They fired the same gardeners I have about 8 months ago.  It seems their new guys are doing a pretty nice job.  

Since every house in the hood looks this nice, I have to try and keep up appearances as best I can.  Two minutes later I was in the back yard turning on a water hose.  The hose bib is covered by a bush.  Here's the good part ... my gardeners cut that brand new hose to pieces using the shrub trimmer on a hand-trimming bush.  

That was it!!!  YOUR'RE FIRED!!  I went right next door to the guys working there and asked for an estimate to do my yard.  I talked him down to $170 a month, saving me $30 which will go towards the electric bill.  Take THAT you guys that don't care what you cut up!!  Are you shocked?  I am ... that's just not me.  I'm too easy ... I let things go ... I don't like confrontation.  Let me count ... I have now fired five gardeners and we'll be working with numero six.  


Trying to keep my mind off of electricity, I whipped up another veggie omelet for breakfast.  Well that didn't last long ... I'm craving meat.  Still, it's filling enough that I got up the energy to do some weed spraying around the property.  

The next bee in my bonnet was the alarm system.  That yellow light just didn't want to go away, even with the new battery.  Although I didn't expect him until 3, the VERY tall drink of water showed up at 1:00.  Oh to be 40 years younger!!

The problem?  The system communicates by 3G.  All 3G towers in this area have been removed.  A simple replacement of the antenna is all that is required.  Three hours later he still could not get the trouble light to go away.

Call your boss I said ... tell him to get out here.  At long last he got the one-who-knows-all on the phone.  They had to delete the entire program, then reprogram the system to 4G.  Yahoo!!!  I'm back in business.  I sure hope they don't charge me for that three hours.  At this point it's supposed to be $150!!  Just another "house" expense!!  No this is not my alarm system, but I'm not showing you what it looks like or where it is, right???


When dinner time rolled around, I wasn't in the mood for veggies.  A month ago I bought a bag-o-beef patties, like I see lots of other people using.  I've never bought a pre-made patty in my life.  Let's see how they are.  

I threw it on the BBQ stone cold frozen, not really sure that's a good idea.  It's an experiment!!  In a few minutes, I turned it over.  Looking good!!!!!

I was sure it was ready, so I walked out with my spatula and opened the lid.  WHAT?  It was blown up like a basketball!!  Let me just say it's not a good idea to poke a basketball.  They can explode!!!  Oh yeah!!!  Juice squirted out like squeezing a can of lighter fluid on a campfire.  I jumped back as three foot high flames reached for the ceiling (I'm on the patio).


I slammed the lid shut and waited. With no more flames shooting out, I gingerly opened the lid to find my now half sized burger a little overcooked.  You know what?  It didn't matter.  It was just as tasty as it looks, except for a little black around the edges.  


I spent the rest of the night sweating on the couch.  No WAY am I turning the air up.  My cool morning air is 82 degrees and it's going to be another scorcher of 105 today.  I'm putting on my bathing suit and heading for the bathtub!!!

And then it's BINGO TIME!!!  Gosh the days are flying by!!!


10 comments:

  1. Just recently I saw a photo of an outdoor umbrella standing over the air-conditioning unit. It said that people in California are now shading their air-conditioning units and it helps in the cooling and reduces the cost for energy. Hope your new meter gets sets up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty crazy, but whatever works to lower our bills.

      Delete
  2. Hope everything went well at bingo, otherwise you might light someone up with 3' flames!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so intuitive!!! I try really hard to leave all that in the bar upstairs as I sip my coke! LOL

      Delete
  3. Has PG&E said when they will be out? Sure hope it is real soon! We are ONLY suppose to be 101 today...we will see.

    You will never run out of gardeners to hire, they are flocking over the boarder at a rate we have never seen....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right ... maybe my next one will be better! Just like maybe PG&E will give me my credits! LOL

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry for what you are dealing with. That tall drink of water might have added to your hot hot hot! ;)
    That burger looked great! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patsy my burgers never look as good as the ones you and Bill cook!!

      Delete
  5. I’m truly sorry for your many woes😂. Been through
    similar but my stories are not near as funny and
    entertaining!! I’m telling you.... write a book of
    your episodes👏👏👏
    Here, north of you, can’t get a gardener, of any worth for under
    $200 a month and more.
    Trust you got a good one.
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! Maybe I should go into the gardening business?

      Delete