Sunday, July 17, 2022

Not Just Muffins, But GOURMET!!

 Up and at 'em ... we're burning daylight!!  Those sounds ring through my head many mornings as I lay in bed deciding whether to move and scratch that itch on my arm.  You see mornings are the time when He who rules the roost likes to play ball the most.  Even the tiniest movement brings him bouncing over to me with lovely morning breath.  Come on Mom ... let's PLAY!!!

There's no going back when that happens.  No rest, certainly no sleep and no choice in the matter.  I'm UP Cooper ... I'm up!!  He makes a beeline for the ball, I head straight to the door to let him out.

Fifteen minutes later with coffee in hand, I'm sitting on the patio.  No the game doesn't stop, now I have to kick it with my feet.  That didn't last very long on this morning because it's a warm 80 degrees outside.  I gulped the coffee, changed clothes and we were OFF!!  

There's nothing Cooper likes more than going for a run (not me, but him) in the early morning.  It might be a leisurely stroll, but he kicks it into high gear, causing me to walk literally as fast as I can just to keep up.  There is the occasional stop to see who stopped by and what they ate for dinner last night, followed quickly by Cooper's territorial display, but for the most part, it's a marathon.


Quite by accident I spotted this native resident watching the parade of Cooper going by.  How Cooper missed him, I'll never know.  He must have had his nose to the mailbox post.  Kitty sat very still and just moved his head as we walked past.  Thankfully on this morning there was no screaming COOPER NO, as we never even let up on the gas.


You missed the Kitty Kitty Mr. Mr.  This was a forced picture stop, which made him none too happy.


It was a quick turnaround time and I was off to the grocery store for veggies.  I've pretty much given up on meat for the time being.  Yes, I even braved the doors of Food For Less ... NOT in Merced however.  It's dangerous enough to meet up with criminals in the grocery store, but even worse ... meeting up with the dreaded BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!!!

GOURMET blueberry muffins no less!!  Here's how my brain works.  Hmmm these are sweet and will make my sweet tooth happy.  In fact, they are less calories than that ice cream I've been eating.  Maybe I can swap them out.

You know that will never happen, since I'm addicted to ice cream.  They still came home with me.  I was back at the house by 8:30 am, mostly because I'm pretty sure the criminals don't get up until noon.  

I'm not sure what ingredients make it GOURMET, but after eating just half of one, I had the pleasure of a stomach ache extraordinaire!!  It appears there are some things in this world I just cannot eat.  THIS is one of them.  It sucks to get old!!  My visions of blueberry muffins on the patio went up in smoke.


This morning as I eyed them thinking how wonderful they would taste, I boxed them up for a trip to the neighbor's house.  Those two boys will love them!!

The only glitch of the day happened when my solar app came up with a big ZERO.  Don't panic Nancy.  I spent an hour going through the menus to find a quick check guide to see if the system was working.  Yup ... it's in the green.  

It seems however that it's not communicating.  No worries ... it will catch up.  I was anything but patient all day long as I watched the National Finals Rodeo Open where California beat out most every other circuit in the U.S.  How the heck does THAT happen??  California guys beat Texas cowboys?  

I'm happy to say the app is not only working this morning, but caught up on everything from yesterday.  With three days of 106 temps, I'm feeling like I live in a sauna.  You know those cool suits the race car drivers wear?  I think I need one!!!  Even Cooper and Jonathan are panting!!!

I know ... turn on the air.  It's just that I like to have something for the money I spend ... like food, or clothes that don't have holes in them, or maybe even a new phone.  To throw money at a company that doesn't provide good service or upgrade its distribution network and who charges you for their mistakes, just grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard.  

I'm off to run through the sprinklers outside to cool off.  In the BACK yard of course.  No use scaring the neighbors!!


8 comments:

  1. I sure hope PG&E shows up early in the week! 106 yesterday here in Citrus Heights, 105 today...but hey, I get to meet my little grand-baby tomorrow! Check your email, I sent you a pic which includes name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that picture ... she's beautiful and I absolutely LOVE her name!!!

      Delete
  2. Mr. Ed said cut that wonderful blueberry muffin in half slab some real butter on it throw it in a microwave for 25 seconds or cold glass of milk or cup of hot chocolate and enjoy it
    That’s what makes you guilty pleasures pleasurable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I did!!! It was delicious ... BUT ... the after affects were not pretty!!

      Delete
  3. Ice cream AND a blueberry muffin! I'm not much for muffins but some of those gourmet ones our Foodland bake in the store are to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were amazing ... just like ones from Costco!

      Delete
  4. Am I missing something here? I thought you bought
    solar so you could have a cool home with little
    cost to you.....and your still suffering?
    I am no doubt missing something. Lol
    Must have been some weird preservative in those
    muffins. They did look yummy.
    Ice cream works at our house too!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not yet hooked up to PG&E, so electricity I'm using right now is billable. Once I'm hooked up ... it will be Daisy BAR THE DOOR!!!!

      Delete